Two Sevens at Katie's - 09/05/15

rcollum

Did you get a picture(s) of the Zephyr's engine compartment? Please post if you do. I love flat head V8 and V12 engines.

Here are a couple of engine compartment, and an interior shot. This thing is PRISTINE!

--Bob Collum

IMG_2194.jpg

IMG_2198.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg

IMG_2191.jpg

Skip: Honestly, the Zephyr was very quiet. Here are some shots of another hot rod that arrived with the Zephyr (might both be owned by the same guy). I don't know what the engine was, nor anything else about it - but it's beautiful!

--Bob Collum

IMG_2200.jpg

IMG_2241.jpg

Edited by rcollum

A cold morning at Katie's still brings out lots of people, and as long as it's not raining or snowing (and it wasn't), the turnout of amazing vehicles is still very good. Three Lotus there this morning...

I took the elements into account - it was an indicated 33F when I left home - and put some 'weather equipment' on, for the first time. It turns out that, with the doors on but no top, the 20-minute drive to Katie's was NOT BAD!

--Bob Collum

IMG_2336-Edit.jpg

IMG_2347-Edit.jpg

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2377-Edit.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg

IMG_2305.jpg

IMG_2324-Edit.jpg

IMG_2323.jpg

IMG_2373.jpg

IMG_2328.jpg

IMG_2368-Edit.jpg

The temperature early this morning was mid-forties! Great for the end of November in Northern VA.

A great story today - I'll try to get my facts straight. The 'founder' of this event, Bob Morris, has a neighbor. This woman, Polly, who is now in her eighties, bought an MG-TC new in 1957. The car has sat, unused in a barn on her property since the late 1970's. Bob pulled the car out, and sent it out to be restored for her. It was completed this week, and Bob M arranged for Polly to come up and see the car, restored, for the first time. Here are some pictures of her re-introduction to her car. This was great to see! We got some pictures of Polly, with Bob M, and Polly's daughter, posing with the MG.

Not exactly a barn find, but it WAS in a barn!

--Bob Collum

IMG_2541-Edit.jpg

IMG_2554.jpg

IMG_2557.jpg

IMG_2559.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

Edited by rcollum

Contrary to the thread title, no Sevens at Katie's today - I drove my Elise.

A cold morning, but a good crowd at Katie's anyway. Here are some new ones to us. It's still amazing how we have cars showing up that we have not seen before.

--Bob Collum

IMG_2765.jpgIMG_2787-Edit.jpgIMG_2794.jpgIMG_2702.jpgIMG_2801.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I was out of town on 12/12/15, so it was nice to get back to see what's happening at Katie's. A cold but clear morning, less than a week before Christmas - a really great turnout!The first picture is of a Callaway Z06. The Carrera GT was brought by Washington Nationals outfielder Jayson Werth. --Bob Collum

IMG_3200.jpg

IMG_3115.jpg

IMG_3130-Edit.jpg

IMG_3138-Edit.jpg

IMG_3145-Edit.jpg

IMG_3148.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

IMG_3174-Edit.jpg

IMG_3177-Edit.jpg

IMG_3120-Edit.jpg

IMG_3196-Edit.jpg

• 2 weeks later...