Trovit car sales

Frankie

Since I've been looking for a 7 again I found a site called Trovit Car sales.  The site is a collection of many sites that post sales for Caterhams and Sevens.  Most of the ads I viewed looked good and reliable but a few really bothered me.  I believe there are numerous ads that are scams.  I'm asking has anyone dealt with this site or purchase anything from this site.  I'm in process of an email thread with a owner  and his ad sounds to good to be true.  Would love some help if anyone has had dealings with this site.  Thanks  

There is nothing about that site that looks legitimate to me, but I don't have personal experience. 

Same cars listed in multiple locations. Ads with prices far too low. 

Prices that go up over time in multiple listings for same car etc. 

Pretty much 95% chance that if Croc doesn't have it listed on his weekly Sunday post then it's not a real ad. He misses very few. 

Trovit is a site that sucks up ads from all over the place and reposts.  The problem is that is does not distinguish between old ads and current ads.  So some of the ads could be a decade old.  I once tested the Trovit messaging to see what response I would get and it was the classic cagey fishing question in response to question.   They did not know what car I was inquiring about despite the my quoting the reference.  It did not give me any confidence.   Who knows what person is on the other end of your messages.  

Avoid the Trovit site.  If its not a scam then its a middleman that could be trying to get a commission or it is just designed to be clickbait to get you to watch ads.  

Always deal with primary ad sites and principals who are owners or authorized to act for the owners.