-
Posts
3,171 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by Vovchandr
-
2026 Annual HPDE Hosted by NJMP Drivers Club - October 17/18, 2026
Vovchandr replied to Croc's topic in National Events
I'm registering soon. Just dragging my feet -
Original Avon order was with Krause. I didn't specify as I had no need at the time but that said was the one that was at least 4 years old. This year neither Krause or the son had stock for me last I recall. Next shipment was coming in after the track day. Doesn't look like there's any good resolve to this problem. I skated by last year because the inspector was struggling to find date codes on the Toyos. I didn't realize this was one of the new rules at the time. Certainly don't want to commit to the whole weekend and fail tech. Speaking of which, HANs device will be out of date next year too 🙄 I feel like they should allow to go by date of purchase for new tires but I understand why they don't want to get into that nuance.
-
I have been having a hell of a time with the 5 year rule for tire age for NJMP The avon replacement set that I have is aged out before I ever got to use them. When they were shipped they were already 4 year old and that was years ago. Those were my backup tires specifically for NJMP on a spare set of wheels. Now I'm ordering Toyos. The fronts I got are 2025 and that works but the TWO SETS of tears are both 2023 which is far from ideal. I'm going to try to return one, but I don't think I can return both. Is there something I'm missing here? Is there a better way? I don't go through tires often or quick enough to use them up within 2 seasons years which makes a significant extra cost for every years even to meet the compliance rules. I'd even settle to get more 2025 tires for the back but how do I get them to ship more recent ones? How do you all deal with that?
-
@1turbofocus Any experience with the AEM management? If anybody has it, its @1turbofocus Most Caterham Zetecs unfortunately run Pectel
-
The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale
Vovchandr replied to Croc's topic in Cars For Sale
This perspective varies greatly on your age and your networth. For those with high value 401ks and assets, it's never been better. For others who are still trying to aquire assets and 401ks themselves > the costs of goods, rent, housing, fuel, daycare, electricity, college etc are extremely prohibitive to success. So in short, if you're buying multi million dollar cars competition from others is huge and values rise as the wealthy are getting wealthier in this economy. If you're buying a $35,000 toy the market is shrinking in these times of rising costs and uncertainties. This can be a whole another topic. -
The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale
Vovchandr replied to Croc's topic in Cars For Sale
Don't try to put reason behind the current auto market. It's been running without logic since Covid and continues to be only certain in continuing not to make sense. -
The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale
Vovchandr replied to Croc's topic in Cars For Sale
Very interesting fender mounts -
What neck of the woods are you in? Edit. I see your location in PA. I could grab them possibly during trip to NJMP I have a CRX that can use them.
-
2026 Annual HPDE Hosted by NJMP Drivers Club - October 17/18, 2026
Vovchandr replied to Croc's topic in National Events
Well looks like my tires were missed on the order with the delivery truck. New ETA 2 more weeks maybe? -
What a road!
-
Street Legal Symphony [2/2]:Golden Caterham down Col de l'Iseran | Raw Uncut POV & Pure Sound
-
My Lotus Elise Wasn't Raw Enough... So I Bought This
-
Sunrise Run in the Caterham 310 R: Chasing Sun & Shadows at Col de Menée [Raw POV, Pure Sound]
-
PistonHeads Annual Service 2026 Caterham
-
1 Year Review… Why My Caterham Had to Go! My Honest Thoughts
-
2026 Annual HPDE Hosted by NJMP Drivers Club - October 17/18, 2026
Vovchandr replied to Croc's topic in National Events
Tires ordered. R888. Seems stock is running low for anybody who needs them start looking now. -
2026 Annual HPDE Hosted by NJMP Drivers Club - October 17/18, 2026
Vovchandr replied to Croc's topic in National Events
Are we doing a roll call/head count like in the past? 1) @Croc 2) @Vovchandr + @FasterThanVov plus @littlevov 15 years!! Wow -
Those and the same rapid pump ones are amazing. If this wasn't member only deal Id buy another one. Maybe I'll even become a member for this one. I've been waiting on sale since they were cheaper like a decade ago. Finally bought one last year on their as is final price clearance for around $180. They do their jacks right. The long reach does indeed have one of the highest rise points ive seen for readably priced units
-
The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale
Vovchandr replied to Croc's topic in Cars For Sale
I'm no expert but I expected it to be closer to $45 than what it went for. Very surprised to see it go with no reserve. Who knows what scared buyers off, general economy, color?, sequential?, other car specific things like title? etc. Nobody knows. I hope to see new buyer at NJMP this year though. New buyer, if you're reading this, you'll need new tires to be in date for NJMP event. They want them 5 (6?) years or younger from stamp date. Also belts are likely out of date. -
Forum Search Question - how to narrow a search?
Vovchandr replied to Darcy's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Dont type the "and" in. Just click the selection option it gives you. It doesn't use "AND" in your search bar as a command. It uses it as a search term.\ Creating this ridiculous concoction option -
Forum Search Question - how to narrow a search?
Vovchandr replied to Darcy's topic in General Sevens Discussion
As a user of misc forums for decades now I thought this forum actually has a very good search option and I've been able to utilize it well WIthout even opening "more search options" tab this is immediately available after first search Narrows it down to just 15 results and still gives other further options -
The Regular Summary of Classified Ads of Se7ens Found For Sale
Vovchandr replied to Croc's topic in Cars For Sale
Market seems to agree with me. Wow -
Driver Safety Gear for Time Trials and USA7s@NJMP
Vovchandr replied to savagete2860's topic in General Tech
Preach! -
Oh no. I guess I'll have to go to the son then.
