Jump to content

Need a little help please. (Measurement)


Recommended Posts

Hi guys. I tried in the Caterham 7 club (UK) to get this question answered but did not.
 
Please, can someone mesure the position of point 2 relative to point1 on their car (center of the front surface of the upper suspension bolt relative to the center of the light bracket mounting hole) so 3 mesurment (front, side, height). I want to make a bracket to fit my imperial chassis with the "new" light position. That would be very appreciated 🙂 I am at the point too solder parts together. 
Picture taken on the net. 
 
Did not get any response in Facebook. 
 
That does not have to be at 1/16in precise 😉
 
Thanks  

11.jpg.29d9d85f07629ab0812de811c96f85f0.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

My lights don't mount that way so I'm afraid I can't be of much help. 1995 Caterham Sprint.

 

IMG_3814.thumb.JPG.ffa21bec7d8a8627d12cddae2788b34e.JPG

 

IMG_3815.thumb.JPG.9605cc727d789139dd21776de83c09ea.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2024 at 11:59 AM, windsurfer said:
Hi guys. I tried in the Caterham 7 club (UK) to get this question answered but did not.
 
Please, can someone mesure the position of point 2 relative to point1 on their car (center of the front surface of the upper suspension bolt relative to the center of the light bracket mounting hole) so 3 mesurment (front, side, height). I want to make a bracket to fit my imperial chassis with the "new" light position. That would be very appreciated 🙂 I am at the point too solder parts together. 
Picture taken on the net. 
 
Did not get any response in Facebook. 
 
That does not have to be at 1/16in precise 😉
 
Thanks  

11.jpg.29d9d85f07629ab0812de811c96f85f0.jpg

Windsurfer, the bracket in the picture you posted looks to be mounted in the wrong location (too far forward).

Edited by MV8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MV8 said:

Windsurfer, the bracket in the picture you posted looks to be mounted in the wrong location (too far forward).

 

@windsurfer i meant to measure mine the other day - sorry. I'll be at my car tomorrow and will take the measurements for you.

 

@MV8 It looks perfectly fine to me. The new style brackets mount to the front of the upper A-arm mount

 

image.png.f657de1f43378fc592479634eb8b62e8.png image.png.ffa7bc5099a3534ca4c01ec5727a82e9.png 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, MV8 said:

You're right. I didn't realize they moved the lights forward on the newer cars.

 

They did! And they look much better - in my opinion! I guess after a few iterations they finally got it right!  haha

i just finished the update on my car :

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/10/2024 at 5:50 PM, das76 said:

 

@windsurfer i meant to measure mine the other day - sorry. I'll be at my car tomorrow and will take the measurements for you.

 

@MV8 It looks perfectly fine to me. The new style brackets mount to the front of the upper A-arm mount

 

image.png.f657de1f43378fc592479634eb8b62e8.png image.png.ffa7bc5099a3534ca4c01ec5727a82e9.png 

 

 

thanks das76. It Would be awesome!! Parts are waiting to be cutted and solder together. 

Best regards! Your caterham looks fantastic btw. 

Edited by windsurfer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@windsurfer

 

See attached picture. Caterham made it easy. The distance from the true middle of the mounting at the suspension arm "A"  to the true middle of the "donut" where the lights actually mount "B" is 3" inches in all 3 directions. I measured as best I could since my lights are already installed but even if they are out by 1/8 to 1/4 it will be close enough.

 

Don't forget that the top of the "donut" (B) needs to be level but the suspension bolt isn't level

 

I hope this helps. Post a pic once it's done. Good luck.

 

Bracket.png

Edited by das76
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, das76 said:

@windsurfer

 

See attached picture. Caterham made it easy. The distance from the true middle of the mounting at the suspension arm "A"  to the true middle of the "donut" where the lights actually mount "B" is 3" inches in all 3 directions. I measured as best I could since my lights are already installed but even if they are out by 1/8 to 1/4 it will be close enough.

 

Don't forget that the top of the "donut" (B) needs to be level but the suspension bolt isn't level

 

I hope this helps. Post a pic once it's done. Good luck.

 

Bracket.png

Oh! Thanks a lot das76! Very appreciated!!!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...