Ran an autocross today after adjusting rear sway bar.

pethier

Cat is turning in much better now I moved the slider blocks about 40mm closer to the bar. I think I will try another 10mm or 20mm at tomorrow's autocross.

I hope the layout is easier to follow tomorrow.  I had a few DNFs.  In some of those same spots on my clean runs I hesitated there and slowed out.  My best (I hope clean) time was 60.xxx and I know that there were some other cars that did 57.xxx and 58.xxx.  Part of if may be that there were places I should have gone to 3rd gear, but I am still not that confident in fast left-hand shifting.  I used to toggle back and forth between 2nd and 3rd all the time in my Europa, but I using my right hand.  I'm pretty profoundly right-handed.

Every club is different and has different culture.  These folks had a very-light turnout.  They elected to do 6 runs in one heat for half the field and then six runs in one heat for the other half.  This didn't give enough time between heats for sway-bar tinkering. The good news though, is that if I lie down on the asphalt. I can reach the single hex bolt that acts as a setscrew on each block.

I had been looking forward to a practice day with my club to do this sort of thing, but I tested positive for Covid the Wednesday before the event, and missed the practice day.

I wanted to be more-prepared than this for the LOG autocross next Saturday.  C'est la Vie.  I have to remember that this is a totally-stock 1700 Super Sprint and I can't expect miracles.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, panamericano said:

C'est la Vie.  I have to remember that this is a totally-stock 1700 Super Sprint and I can't expect miracles."

If you're fast it's the driver.  If you're slow, it's the car.

It's the driver.  I had trouble seeing a few spots on the course and didn't have the confidence to stay on the power.  

I went a little further with the blocks.  Since I didn't have a lot of time, I did just lie down on the asphalt, so I am not sure how far I really moved them.  The course was very-similar to the day before.

The car was better-balanced.  I again got six runs with no real break between them.  I wound up in the middle of the pack overall.  Every run was clean and every run was faster than the one before it.  I believed that FTD was 53:9xx and my best was 57:1xx.  Did go to third gear more, was still pretty-clunky about it.

The car was just a little loose in the fastest parts of the course.  It should be just about right for the LOG autocross.