Free Lunch - Eldersburg, MD - Fix the Purple Seven

EburgE

Checking here, is there anyone interested in driving to Eldersburg, MD on Saturday, May 31?

8:00-9:00 Drive to Harold's House.

9:00-Noon, troubleshoot Hal's alternator

Noon-1:00, lunch on Hal at Plazuela's, Eldersburg's newest Mexican restaurant.

1:00 and beyond, hang out (troubleshoot injector), socialize (torque left rear axle nut), talk about cars (connect the Tachometer), drive around the area (watch for parts to fall off).

:7fume:

Since Bob has been so enthusiastic about helping, maybe we should wait until June. I can hobble through the title/registration process in the mean time.

Anyone else?

Kid's baseball games are on Saturdays. Perhaps I can break free on a Sunday morning if you're around. You might as well find the injector part number and see if any local parts stores have them in stock, just in case that's the problem.

Wish you were closer Hal...it'd be nice to work on somebody else's problems for a change! :)

Bruce :7drive:

PS: Sorry my torque wrench didn't work in reverse. :ack:

Hi Hal,

It was good to meet you last weekend. Made your 7 my new screen-saver.

Did you ask your engine builder about the injector problem ? I think it's a easy fix, you will enjoy it running on all four. If I had one I would have sent it to you, never had engine problems. Sorry I can't make it on Sat., pool, lawn and all that stuff are calling. Best of luck, you'll get it fixed, you have done a great job on that 7, I really like it.

Happy Holiday, Steve Novelli

Hey, thanks anyway. I decided to take the car to MidAtlantic Caterham this weekend and have them check it out. The inspection is part of the Caterham package, and they can probably look at the alternator/injector problems too. The engine builder also offered to fix the injector, although his guess is that an adjustment is required in the TWM injection system.

On an even more positive note, I drive the car on a twenty mile trip this week. Loads of fun. No problems. First real drive ever!!!