finally

shotgunslade

I drive mostly with NASA. I have also driven with Connecticut Autocross and Rally Team, but they had no events at LRP this year. NASA-NE (formerly PDA Driving School) has good events at Pocono, Watkins Glen, LRP, and now NJ Motorsports Park. I have driven with NASA-MA at Summit Point, and with Triregion SCCA (NJ, Del, PA) at Pocono. NASA takes really good care of drivers who are new to DE events. The instructors are good, and they keep you from getting over your head. CART doesn't offer instructors and I couldn't recommend them for anyone who didn't have a couple of events under their belt for any given track. Did my first off course excursion (major spin on the Big Bend and then across the lawn) at LRP the first time I drove there. It was a CART event with no instructors, maybe my 7th or 8th DE event overall and first at LRP.

Its not bubble wrap. It is chromed welded wire mesh which was an attempt to meet the NJ MVC requirement to protect people and animals from exposed exhaust pipes. The MVC has seen the pictures and questioned its efficacy. I'm going to have it replaced with a heat shield made of perforated aluminum sheet rolled into a half circle around the header/exhaust pipe/cat/muffler. Also need to redo the windshield wipers with dogleg arms so that the blades can rest parallel with the bottom of the windshield, given that the pivot point is an inch or two below the bottom gasket of the windshield.

• 1 month later...

That thing ROCKs.....:hurray:

Its real beauty will not show up until you put it on the track.....

You just won't believe it.... and neither will your competitors.

It will do things on the track that will make you feel like superman.

I actually have dreams about driving my car...

It is very satisfying to pass vettes, vipers and porsches.,,, multiple times per session. :D

LOVE the color.

Cheers

7evin

Wow.....:cool: that is a great ride!

I was considering buying one of Brian's cars. I live in NJ too. I was not sure about getting it registered and street legal and I would love to come down and look at your car and speak to you in person if possible.

Thanks, Jack

Beautiful car. That engine has great potential for upgrades, but it's already great in stock form!

If you are still looking for an exhaust cover I didn't use the exhaust shield that came with my MEGABUSA kit.

Here's a shot of it:

http://www.westfield-sportscars.co.uk/shop/uploads/images_products/258.jpg

Let me know if you are interested.

Hank:

I would really be interested in that Heat shield. How long is it and what is the width across the open end?

Jack:

I am taking the car down to my friend's shop at the shore to have some street legalizing improvements. The windshield wipers don't work at all and need to be reconfigured. I can't find a DOT image on the windshield glass, so I have to replace that, and I need to do something about the heat shield. I don't think it works (the MVC inspector to whom I showed pictures mentioned that it didn't look convincing). When I get it back, I will start the process of getting it registered. I have the forms and rules.

Dan