Canadian Se7en owners roll call:

Oyagi

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Everyone,

My name is Duane, and I'm one of the potencial owners Bill has talked about. In fact I am not a pending owner anymore, as I brought my 1999 Birkin home last night. The Birkin (Beatrice) is a rolling chassis right now with a 2.0L Zetec, and a T9 trans freshly installed. I will have to finish all the the rest. She was never assembled when originally purchased and has been shipped around a bit until I purchased her. I have never built an engine like this and will have to learn a lot. I feel a little intimidated, but I know that there is a great community of folks here willing to help with any questions I have.

I recently sold my Street Modified 2003 WRX in favor of Beatrice. It was a little tough to take, as I had to bail on a season of Auto-x that I was doing well in, but when opportunity knocks, you have to take advantage. I look forward to getting back into Auto-x, and racing against some very tough competition in Calgary.

Here's a picture from last night as I was picking her up to come home.

Birkin.jpg

Duane,

Welcome to USA7s. Good to meet you last weekend at the Deerfoot Mall Autocross with Bill and Peter. I am sure if you have any problems finishing you Birkin any of the 7 owners in and around the Calgary area will try to help you out.

Stewart

I'll need to relearn how to drive I think. I'm used to a heavy AWD. Any time your in trouble, just get on the loud pedal. I feel I'll need to be less ham fisted while driving now, and learn to respond better to what the car tells me.

Glad to hear you have "Beatrice" home and ready to be worked on. My garage mistress is "Her Madge".. my wife named her that! Says I treat her like Royalty..Look forward to seeing Beatrice out and about..

My Girl came up with the name for the Birkin as well. I have always named my cars. The WRX I just sold was Betty.