FS: 2007 R1 Powered Locost 7

R1 Seven

For sale is a 2007 Locost 7 powered by a Yamaha R1 Motorcycle engine. The car is based on a CMC frame that has been extensively modified for both safety and performance. The chassis has the dimensions of the original “book” Locost design. Below is a list of features on the car:

2003 R1 Engine (160HP Fuel Injection)

6-speed Sequential Gearbox (Bike Transmission)

Toyota 10-Bolt Rear End with TRD Limited Slip (3.31:1 Gear)

GAZ Coilovers and Eibach Springs

Wilwood Calipers Front and Rear

Twin Master Cylinders w/Cockpit Bias Adjuster

Full Roll Cage

Kirkey Race Seats and 5-Point Harnesses

JAZ 8 gallon Custom Fuel Cell

Two Sets of Wheels

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx109/RexRacer19/FrontQuarter.jpg

This car was built by had over the course of several years. Both the front and rear suspensions were redesigned and built to work with the components used. The entire build was documented from start to finish here: http://www.underwood-racing.com/project_seven.htm The “Construction” tab has all the build details. You can also read about the development of the car and see videos of it in action.

The car was built to be a track/autocross car specifically, and is not street legal. It could be made that way with some additional lighting and wiring. It has been a great track car, and has competed in several time trial events in the Southeast, as well as participating in the very first Grassroots Motorsports Ultimate Track Car Challenge. It even earned the SPU class championship with the Tarheel Sports Car Club in 2008. It is fast, easy to drive, easy to maintain, and very easy on consumable parts.

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx109/RexRacer19/RearQuarter.jpg

http://i746.photobucket.com/albums/xx109/RexRacer19/Engine.jpg

A full gallery documenting the current condition of the car can be found here: http://s746.photobucket.com/albums/xx109/RexRacer19/R1%20Locost%20For%20Sale/

***Sold***

For additional information please email to supratt(at)cox(dot)net. Serious inquiries only, please. Thanks for looking.

-Jeff Underwood

Edited by R1 Seven

Thanks. I don't *want* to sell it, but we can't hold on to everything, it is not getting much use, and future projects beckon.

Croc - There were some variants after this model year engine that made 180hp from the factory.

This car is just plain awesome!

Jeff, you where to e-mail me the second you where thinking of selling it. Good thing you didn't, I don't have the money to buy it :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi everyone. This is a tough first post.

I bought Jeff’s car at the $15,000 asking price on June 17, 2011 with the intent of making it street legal in Pennsylvania. As Jeff stated in his original for sale post, the car was built for the track, so things like turn signals, horn, etc were not added. I thought that I would pick away at these projects over the summer and fall of 2011 and the winter of 2011-12 with the intent of putting the car on the street in the spring of 2012.

On July 1, 2011, my job within my company changed significantly and increased my working time approximately 15 hours per week, eating up all possible free time. Thus, I have done absolutely nothing on the car since owning it, except for 1) removing the vinyl numbers, 2) driving it in the neighborhood every other weekend, and 3) investing the better part of $1,000 to successfully title and register it in Pennsylvania as a 1959 Lotus.

My job situation will not change in the foreseeable future and I can not stand to keep things that I do not use, so I want to sell it now so that a new buyer got Jeff’s car, not Jeff’s car owned / modified / tracked by someone other than Jeff.

I discussed the situation with Jeff the other day and he agreed to let me post my ad as a continuation of his ad (thank you, Jeff).

I am asking $15,500. This covers the price I paid for the car and some of the money I paid to title and register it in Pennsylvania as a 1959 Lotus.

My name is Franck. I can be contacted @ 215.272.7953. The car and I are located in the Philadelphia suburbs.

Franck,

Sorry to hear you have to sell your 7. I was looking forward to you joining

us for our Sunday morning runs. Were are you located at, 215, you must

close to Ambler ??

Good Luck with your sale, it looks great....

Franck,

Sorry to hear you have to sell your 7. I was looking forward to you joining

us for our Sunday morning runs. Were are you located at, 215, you must

close to Ambler ??

Good Luck with your sale, it looks great....

Steve-

I'm in Flourtown.

Franck