WCM S2K Maintenance, Repair & Upgrade Manual Available FREE!

Our work-in-progress "WCM S2K Maintenance, Repair & Upgrade Manual" is now available. Includes lots of history on the car, some great graphics and pix, a host of parts and info sources, repair and upgrade plans and more. If you want a FREE copy, send me your email address. I will send you the datafile in 2010 MS Word format. Please add entries as you perform your own repairs and upgrades. POST ALL OF YOUR ENTRIES, NEW CHAPTERS, CORRECTIONS, ETC TO THE >> BACK END

Great idea Bruce.

Would you like me to host the file on my server so that you dont have to individually email it to people? I could also host it as a wiki if you prefer but that would take a few days.

PM sent. I love the idea of having a wiki. That makes it easy for group members to share information without going through a middle-man. As a matter of fact, I set up a wiki a while back with this purpose in mind. I'm not thrilled with the free wiki software that I chose.

Here's a link to it: http://idisagree.org/wikitest/tiki-index.php?page=WCM+Ultralite+Unofficial+Wiki

Feel free to browse it and use any of the info that you find on that wiki (it's pretty sparse) in the manual that you're working on.

If anyone wants access to contribute to the wiki content if I recall correctly the process is to click the "Log in" link, then click "Register", and then I think it notifies me of the need to sign off on the new account (this is necessary due to spammers' bots). If I get any requests in the next week or two I'll probably just sign them off without verifying that they're not spam bots so that you don't have to wait long to get going.

If rnr knows of some better wiki software and wants to set one up my feelings wouldn't be hurt a bit. I'd be willing to port the content on my wiki over to his and then close mine down and just leave a pointer to his wiki.

It might be best to put the wiki in a place that will survive any one persons ownership of the car.

I could host it on the Golden Gate Lotus Club site (I am one of the web admins). They have been around since 1972 and all Sevens are welcome. Maybe a general Sevens wiki with sections for each marque?

• 2 weeks later...
PM sent. I love the idea of having a wiki. That makes it easy for group members to share information without going through a middle-man. As a matter of fact, I set up a wiki a while back with this purpose in mind. I'm not thrilled with the free wiki software that I chose.

Here's a link to it: http://idisagree.org/wikitest/tiki-index.php?page=WCM+Ultralite+Unofficial+Wiki

Feel free to browse it and use any of the info that you find on that wiki (it's pretty sparse) in the manual that you're working on.

If anyone wants access to contribute to the wiki content if I recall correctly the process is to click the "Log in" link, then click "Register", and then I think it notifies me of the need to sign off on the new account (this is necessary due to spammers' bots). If I get any requests in the next week or two I'll probably just sign them off without verifying that they're not spam bots so that you don't have to wait long to get going.

If rnr knows of some better wiki software and wants to set one up my feelings wouldn't be hurt a bit. I'd be willing to port the content on my wiki over to his and then close mine down and just leave a pointer to his wiki.

wiki will be neat. i think the manual needs more development before it is released to wiki. examples: some additional basic structure including table of contents, some additional editing of the various forum posts which constitute many of the chapters, and inclusion of promised new material from other owners. there's already a powerful lot of info in the manual, but the overall product is still too rough-edged. another few months of work, then i will make my first wiki post! till then, just follow the instrux at the top of this post to obtain a copy of the manual-in-progress (70 pgs as of today). cheers!

just follow the instrux at the top of this post to obtain a copy of the manual-in-progress (70 pgs as of today). cheers!

I have sent a PM with my email addressseveral weeks ago, is there something I am missing? I will send again.

I'm interested in the manual, too! It's a great idea. Just been in hiding lately, as work has been real busy. Still leaving time for a short drive each week, though - talk about stress relief!

This summer I'll have much more free time, and I may adjust my WCM's master cylinder upward a bit to allow for shorter pedal clearance... which I shall document, if I do.

Hope everyone else has been well!

Jason

I'm interested in the manual, too! It's a great idea. Just been in hiding lately, as work has been real busy. Still leaving time for a short drive each week, though - talk about stress relief!

This summer I'll have much more free time, and I may adjust my WCM's master cylinder upward a bit to allow for shorter pedal clearance... which I shall document, if I do.

Hope everyone else has been well!

Jason

need your email address, jason. already about 15 manuals out, and only about 80+ S2K's in existence! if we keep getting contributions, this manual will be awesome by the end of summer.

I have sent a PM with my email addressseveral weeks ago, is there something I am missing? I will send again.

I understand from BruceK that my charter email address limits me to 10 meg of attachments, but Bruce K sent me one in pdf form which was smaller, so i'm good for now.

thanks, Bruce

need your email address, jason. already about 15 manuals out, and only about 80+ S2K's in existence! if we keep getting contributions, this manual will be awesome by the end of summer.

Thanks Bruce! Email sent.

Just noticed Jerry had problems with 10M attachments. If the manual gets too large, I'm more than happy to provide hosting for it! Could set you up with FTP access, Bruce, and you could send the link out by request.

Awesome news so many people have shown interest! It could have saved me an hour, upside down in the drivers seat, adjusting the pedal distance/trying to get back out by myself. Then I later found the cowl cover and the EASY access to it all... *smacked self* :jester:.

Thanks Bruce! Email sent.

Just noticed Jerry had problems with 10M attachments. If the manual gets too large, I'm more than happy to provide hosting for it! Could set you up with FTP access, Bruce, and you could send the link out by request.

Awesome news so many people have shown interest! It could have saved me an hour, upside down in the drivers seat, adjusting the pedal distance/trying to get back out by myself. Then I later found the cowl cover and the EASY access to it all... *smacked self* :jester:.

i don't remember any info in the manual on the pedal adjustment area cover. will have to look for that. it may be in the section submitted by captain obvious. converting the manual to pdf is quick and easy, and reduces the file size by about 85%. pdf is also a de facto universal format, unlike various zip programs which sometimes have difficulty unpacking data zipped up in other formats. while emailing around 17 manuals so far, i've only suffered one rejection due to excessive file size, so overall this is a small problem easily resolved by conversion to pdf format.

i don't remember any info in the manual on the pedal adjustment area cover. will have to look for that. it may be in the section submitted by captain obvious. converting the manual to pdf is quick and easy, and reduces the file size by about 85%. pdf is also a de facto universal format, unlike various zip programs which sometimes have difficulty unpacking data zipped up in other formats. while emailing around 17 manuals so far, i've only suffered one rejection due to excessive file size, so overall this is a small problem easily resolved by conversion to pdf format.

A 5% failure rate in sending over email isn't bad at all, with only 100 owners. Good thing we're not Toyota, er... or Charter! Sorry PowderBrake!