Jump to content

Croc

Administrators
  • Posts

    9,187
  • Joined

Everything posted by Croc

  1. I have never seen half doors before - how do they attach? Do they use the same press studs for the tonneau and/or the hinge for the full size sidescreens?
  2. That is brilliantly funny! I have been crying with laughter I could have used that fix on a few of my past cars....
  3. Croc

    Anything?

    Ah the Ship Inn - will you be ringing the bell inside? One of the Lotus club guys did that last Sunday and then discovered the sign that says you buy drinks for the bar! I am definitely up for something. Just need to find out which days in June I can escape from work - I usually only get 1-2 weeks notice of that.
  4. Croc

    Anything?

    On Sunday I did that run up the Delaware on Rt32 from Milford and then came back down the NJ side on River road - very nice. I would be interested in joining a group for another day in that area.
  5. I joined the Lotus Enthusiast Organization guys for their annual Fish & Chip Run to Milford NJ. When coming back into Milford, I came across another Seven parked outside the ice cream shop with a nice MG - both in beautiful condition. I hope the ice cream was nice - it was hot outside. http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/?action=view&current=DSC05490.jpg Mike
  6. Quote: Police: 6 exotic sport cars, mostly Ferraris, pulled over "like good little soldiers" Do I read your comment to mean that you are not a 'good little soldier'?
  7. Skip Sorry for me ruffling the tail feathers - I could not resist . In all seriousness I agree with you and I will admit I used to own a Miata (1990) and enjoyed it immensely. The only disappointment I had with it was that Mazda did not give it more power as the chassis/brakes could have handled it. Then again you did fix that problem from what I hear.... mike
  8. Is now the time to point out that my girlfriend's hairdresser has a miata?
  9. Well, I think you are heading uphill on getting collector status. If you look at this link http://www.state.nj.us/mvc/Vehicle/collector_vehicles.htm and refer to the pdf fact sheet - I think you will hit a problem at bullet point 6. NJ was pretty firm with me that I was a reconstruct/kit car. This was a 2007 change to the rules after Al got his car through As for the catalytic converter - I think you give her a nice tune up and have her running sweet as can be and give it a try at a friendly garage that does inspection tests as a test run. Try both the OBDII option and the tailpipe sensor approach and see if there is any difference. Are you sure there is no cat within the muffler like I discovered with mine?
  10. I had trouble getting the speedcats to fit my feet and so ended up going with Pikolinos. Hard to find but really nice to wear and drive with.
  11. ouch! I could not cope. I am 2000 miles already this year and it is only May!
  12. Well I will make you an offer...if you help my exhaust shielding accidentally 'drop off' then I will help you put it on yours for inspection Seriously, now that we all know the current protocol for NJ I think it will be a little easier for you. Register it as a collector vehicle and you avoid the whole inspection saga.
  13. Congratulations Kyle! Just make sure it has a valid texas title before you leave town....otherwise you will be in a world of hurt once you get here to NJ. Now has the wife given you an upgrade budget to spend on?
  14. All seats have now been sold and delivered.
  15. I was known for my tendency to go backwards off a race circuit usually at a fairly high speed
  16. Thanks for the pic Morgan. It is interesting to see the guard go all the way to the back of the sump. Either way it does the job for when the road decides the goof the driver. Also, George Alderman of MidAtlantic Caterham has a sump guard kit of his own design that he sells for Sevens. As for taking a number plate mount off - hey I would do the same in NJ if I could avoid the fines.
  17. Not completely. I have to remove the single center rubber mounted bolt and then the nose can be removed independently of the rest of the installation. It is pretty tight for clearance but can be done if I am very careful. First time I tried it I did remove the number plate backet which is only 4 more bolts. I do not have to remove the sump guard.
  18. Well it looks like it is the heated windscreen causing the problem: "The vehicles listed below are equipped with special windshields that contain metal in the glass(metal oxide) that prevents the E-ZPass tag from being read properly. Windshields with solar ray glass, solar tint, heated or heat reflective windshields, and insulated or Insta-Clear glass may also prevent the tag from being read properly. Standard EquipmentMakeModelYearBuickRoadmasterAllCadillacCatera99-01ChevroletLumina VanPrior to 2002Venture Prior to 2002FordCrown Victoria*1987-1994Taurus*Prior to 1995OldsmobileSilhouettePrior to 2002PontiacTrans SportPrior to 2002MontanaPrior to 2002SubaruSVXAll This has to be the first time a Seven has been associated with a Buick Roadmaster. oh the shame
  19. Croc

    Driving roads

    Not sure if this has been posted before but I stumbled across this website while looking for nice winding roads to go for a drive on this weekend. http://www.motorcycleroads.us/index.html It has some interesting suggestions that I definitely plan to test out...
  20. I learned from previous experience on my original Series II that sumps are easily broken (which ended in tears) so I made sure I had one this time. I think Will used the same design as yours Al? http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/Picture_094.jpg I put one small ding in it last weekend so it was good insurance!
  21. Hi Mike - I had a mechanic construct the mount since my metal work skills are not good (well ok maybe **** is a better description!). It mounts deep under the nose cone and runs forward - very simple - just 2 pieces of curved alum running forward. I can take a pic on the weekend and send it if you need inspiration.
  22. Hi Jack & Jen - Sunday was perfect driving weather. Lots of bike groups and car clubs out having fun. I spent a happy hour at the top of Bear Mountain chatting with a bunch of car and bike guys. There was an Aptera there too with a jaw dropping paint job. Here is to more great weather for everyone to enjoy their cars with. Cheers mike
  23. Here is the link to the downloads for the owners manual and some recent assembly manuals. http://www.caterham.co.uk/assets/html/technical/download.html I also have a K-series assembly manual which is entertaining at points for its less than clear direction plus does not match my engine choice (did anyone ever install a Rover engine in a US car???) I can scan it to a PDF if someone desparately wants it.
  24. Hi Brad - I was sort of surprised there are not more SVT cars registered on this site. RMSCI said there were close to 100 applications out there in the USA but there seem to be very few of us on this site. It is a sweet engine for these cars. Hi KiwiBirkin - I get plenty of VB from a few places in Manhattan. An Aussie runs TuckShop on Lower East Side which sells the good old meat pie, sausage rolls, tim tams, vegemite and other essentials. Only you would realize how desparate I would be without them. Fortunately I came from Sydney in the south - so no cane toads for me - I just had poisonous snakes and spiders, blue tongue lizards, and the odd wallaby/kangaroo to deal with!
  25. After being a member on this board for 4 or so months it is time I introduce myself and my ride. My car is a 2004 Caterham SV first registered 2005 with a 2.0l Zetec SVT with the 5sp T-9. I bought in second hand out of Florida where the previous owner had managed to run only 1800 miles in 3 years. I have doubled that in 3 months. This is my second Seven. I grew up in Sydney Australia and used to have in a 64 Series II with a 1300 Ford Cortina engine and a 4 speed box. Spectacularly unreliable there was not a straight panel on it as I used to have some "steering issues" during the vintage class racing I enjoyed. My father nicknamed it "Elvis" because it had so many hits. I had to sell it when I left Australia in 1994 but I promised I would buy another again someday. 15 years later and after living in 12 countries I finally settled down in the New York City area and I made good on my promise with this car. I still have my historic Australian Group A Holden Commodore touring car in storage in Sydney which I plan to ship to the US when the 25 year anniversary comes up in 2 years time. I am yet to work out what vintage racing class will accept some unique beast like that. With the perfect spring weather in NYC area today I took a run with a buddy up Rt9 to Bear Mountain State Park, had a blat around the nice twisties in this area, lunch in West Point and then a fast run back with 2 Porsches along the Palisades Parkway. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/DSC05477.jpg http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/DSC05480.jpg In case you are wondering the ugly extra exhaust shielding was required by NJ regs. Unlike some on this board, mine has not managed to fall off yet on the way home from inspection.
×
×
  • Create New...