gps locate tracker

I just had a trailer stolen Christmas day with 12k worth of equipment on it from a locked yard. Which really ticks me off. PD didnt really seem to give a rip about my missing stuff. I got to thinking there has to be some way to track this stuff. I did a little Googling and found a system that looks good. I thought it could come in handy for our little jewels and the trailers that transport them. I always sleep horribly in the hotel when traveling with my car due to fear of theft. The one I picked has several options. (There are several different companies to choose from most have monthly service fees.) I now have 13 trailers and dont want to pay a 10.00 montly fee on all of them. So I choose to go with http://www.gpsandtrack.com their units come with a 1-3 service with purchase of the module and additional year of service is 20.00 for the year. It has geo fencing capabilities and adjustable check in segments depending on your needs. Thought I would share with my fellow enthusiast.

Edited by WestTexasS2K
stupidty

You might also want to check out http://www.lojack.com/. The downside to GPS trackers occurs when the stolen trailer or car is located inside (no satellite recognition), such as a warehouse or garage, or not in range of a good cell signal. LoJack is a more expensive radio based system, where most police departments have receivers in patrol cars that leads officers to the location.

Edited by lucky dawg

I looked at LoJack. Our local department doesnt have the radio's to track LoJack. So gps is my only option. With the system I got it has motion sensor and wakes up and starts communicating its location once it leaves its geo fence parameters. Maybe it will help if I just hide it sufficiently.

I looked at LoJack. Our local department doesnt have the radio's to track LoJack. So gps is my only option. With the system I got it has motion sensor and wakes up and starts communicating its location once it leaves its geo fence parameters. Maybe it will help if I just hide it sufficiently.

Good point, though even if your local city PD does not have LoJack trackers, often times other city and county agencies will. Also a good chance the state police/highway patrol will have trackers, which is especially useful if the thieves move the stolen car or trailer out of the immediate area.