New SuperStalker finally finished.

jbanker

I have been helping a good friend and neighbor build a Brunton SuperStalker for over 2-1/2 years. Powered by the L32 Pontiac supercharged 3800. No expense was spared on this everything new including a crate motor from GM. Finished just in time for the 10th annual Carmel, Indiana Artomobilia to be held Aug 26th. This is a high end by invitation only car show. That is me standing beside the owner, Dave Smith, who is starting it up for his first drive on the street. Dave is an experienced vintage Corvette race car driver. He was blown away by all the power this car has.

IMG_1635.jpg

Jack,

The car looks awesome! Wish I could be there for Carmel. Looking forward to getting together with you guys. If things don't change (again), I'll be arriving in Indy on the 27th. Talk to you soon. :cool:

We wondered if there had been another delay. We are looking forward to your move to Indy. Your Re-build is looking fantastic. I am really intrested in your NACA duct in front of the hood scoop. I have to do something like that to get more air flow to my turbo inner cooler. We are not completely done with Dave's car but he will be able to get to this weekends Artomobilia Car show. The location is only about three miles away. Have had a grimlin pop up that I need to trace down before it is fully street legal. Dave refuses to trailer it. It does run and sounds great. See you in about a week. Jack

Mike, will get more outdoor pics soon. Have a bunch of little detail things to wrap up on Dave's car. We have been thrashing to get this project presentable for a huge car show this weekend; 10th annual Carmel Artomobilia (http://www.carmelartomobilia.com). Draws a huge crowd with over 450 cars and motorcycles on display. Entry by invitation only.

We fabricated a sub-cowl to hide the wiring and the back side of the dashboard. It has an easy lift off cover for access.

IMG_1638.jpg

IMG_1639.jpg

I sure wish my Birkin had an "easy lift-off cowl". I spent 2 hours taking mine off and putting it back on only to find out that the wires I needed to get to were easy to access from the underside all along! Its just so hard to see whats going on from the underside. Stalkers' one-piece upper body is certainly a mechanic's dream, even though its less 'classic super seven'.

Isn't it funny how colorful sevens are? They're like VW Bugs-- You can get away with any color or paint scheme and they look good. Bright green is sure popular lately, and I have to say, I really like how the flat black works on your car. Is the black paint or is it a wrap? And is that Jet-Hot silver coating on the exhaust? -- It has that shine. The car looks so good now, will you dare to drive it? I've moved to the country and we have more little gravel pieces in the road and I get a lot more rock chips. Kinda dampens my enjoyment when I hear that tick-ity-tick. To make it worse, the highway to the south is now freshly coated in that gravel that they glue down with tar!

I sure wish my Birkin had an "easy lift-off cowl". I spent 2 hours taking ......

I modified mine a long time ago. Removed the fluid reservoirs and mounted them onto a small tray in front of the firewall and added an aluminum angle to the firewall so that it can be screwed down from the engine compartment side. Also added an access hatch to get to the windscreen wiper gear nut. I can take the scuttle off or put back on in 5 minutes.

The black stripe on the hood and nose surround is paint. The black frame, roll cage and all the aluminum panels are flat black powder coated. The headers are Jet-Hot Ceramic coated. The side pipe 3 ft extensions are powder coated. No wrap has been applied to the body on this car.