2018 Northern VA Sunday C & C Thread

rcollum

People of a certain age might remember, when Johnny Carson hosted the Tonight Show, he arranged with the network to have Fridays off work. In order to keep his audience, the network would broadcast a rerun of an earlier show, and it was billed as 'Best of Carson'. In the bad-weather months, Cars & Coffee events are more sparsely-attended, and farther between. Today, 4 of us showed up at Fairfax Circle (Cameron's), and we were driving our 'winter rides'. For that reason, I am attaching some pictures from a Cars & Coffee from this weekend, back in 2012, at Kohl's, a late-lamented local Cars & Coffee. I'm calling this 'Best of Cars & Coffee', to tide us over until we actually have interesting cars to show.

--Bob Collum

Edited by rcollum

Bob: Did you take the "Slauson cutoff" to get there:)?

Why, you must be 'of a certain age'! I did, in fact, nearly freeze my Slauson off - it was 2F (actual) when I left my house at 7:45AM today. I decided to hold off on driving the Seven.

• 2 weeks later...

I missed last Sunday, stuck at home with a cold. I missed a good time - among a few others, Paul came out in the 7-degree weather in his '32 Ford Roadster; very manly!

We had a bigger turnout this week, and great variety - my Seven, Dino's custom Chevy truck, Chuck's 911, Paul's roadster. Later arrivals had everything from a slammed Caddy, a jeep, a Cayenne, a Jag XK-R, and a couple of newer 'Vettes.

--Bob Collum

Edited by rcollum

• 1 month later...

A small turnout at Cameron's today, but it's always good to get together with friends, and make new ones. (Several of our regulars are at the Amelia Island car show this weekend.)

--Bob Collum

Edited by rcollum

This event, which is held every Sunday at the parking lot on 29, near Fairfax Circle, has turned out to be a nice event. It's not big, but everyone is friendly, and the variety of cars is very good. Today, we had two Lotus, two Jaguars, two Porsches, a Corvette, a '32 Ford Roadster and a Fiero replicar. Bob Scates and his Esprit S1 are pretty regularly there.

--Bob Collum

Edited by rcollum

A couple of regulars were out of town, but we still had an interesting group of people (and cars). Bob Scates is a semi-regular with his Esprit. Come on out at 8:00AM on a Sunday!

--Bob Collum

Edited by rcollum

• 1 month later...

I've been away from this C & C for a while; I met up with a friend today, before heading off to the annual Deutsche Marque German car show.

--Bob Collum

Edited by rcollum

• 2 weeks later...

It was a quick visit to Cameron's for me today, since our local Lotus club had a meet scheduled for 11:00AM out in Leesburg, VA.

Actually, the turnout today at Cameron's (on the first non-rain-day in a week) was about as large as Katie's was yesterday, in the rain.

It was still wet, with puddles in my neighborhood, so I left the Seven at home.

--Bob Collum

Edited by rcollum

• 3 weeks later...

A pretty good turnout on Father's Day - Bob Scates and I made sure Lotus was represented. Mike D. was there in his Porsche Cabriolet, and Paul M. was enjoying his '32 Ford Roadster, 'Henry'. Dino had his Lambo, and Bob Williams drove his just-purchased Porsche Turbo. A really nice bunch of people.

--Bob Collum

Edited by rcollum

A good turnout this morning. Two Lotus in attendance - Bob Scates' Esprit, and my Elise. A small, but enthusiastic group, including a Ford GT, a '32 Ford Roadster, a Viper, several Porsches and Corvettes.

--Bob Collum

Edited by rcollum

• 3 weeks later...

If Katie's on Saturdays is "too early" or "too crowded" for you, this Sunday cars & coffee event might just be for you. It's a small but enthusiastic group of car people, and Cameron's is a good little coffee and bakery shop.

Bob Scates and I brought our Lotus today.

--Bob Collum

Edited by rcollum

It rained heavily last night, but was mostly clear and rain-free all morning. It's not supposed to rain until this afternoon.

A lightly-attended C & C this morning - but still a bunch of nice people!

--Bob Collum

Edited by rcollum

We had very good weather today, and a lot more cars, too! I had taken Friday off from work, to fully detail my Elise, in preparation for the annual Lotus Owners Gathering in Cleveland in two weeks. Is anybody here going to LOG in Cleveland?

--Bob Collum

Edited by rcollum

• 3 weeks later...

A beautiful day for a drive, which made for a good turnout at Cameron's! I was joined by Bob Scates in his esprit, and Jim Hurd in his Evora. We had Dino's Murcielago, and a Ferrari F430 there, too!

--Bob Collum

Edited by rcollum

Cameron's has become a NoVA Lotus gathering place. I go pretty much every week, and Bob Scates is a regular, too. It's a small but interesting collection of people and cars, and we don't start until 8:00AM on Sundays - come on out! It would be nice to see more Sevens here - let me know if you want to come out!

--Bob Collum

Edited by rcollum