Muffler Recommendations - Westfield SEiW with 2.1 Pinto

ProfGriff

I just picked up a 92 Westfield and it won't pass my provincial road inspection with the small glasspack that is on it. This will primarily be a track and autoX car, but I do drive it on the street. I was thinking of just forking over the cash for the Westfield Carbon Fiber muffler, but it will be expensive by the time it gets here to Canada. I'm open to other options, but I do want something that looks better than what's on it. The exhaust is all connected with slip joints, so I'm not above using the existing one for track, and another for street. I'm also open to fabbing something (well, not me, but my welder buddy) so any recommendations are welcome. BTW, the engine is a fully race prepped 2.1 SOHC Ford that's 13:1 with a BIG cam and BIG carbs, so it's quite loud as is.

Thanks

Phil

Hopefully others will chime in with US or Canadian suppliers, but if you are looking at UK options, silencers from Westfield (the carbon fiber unit), Wunoff, and Simpson all get great reviews on WSCC.  The Raceco is also excellent, but it's a bit spendy (Titanium ain't cheap).

-John

On 9/16/2021 at 5:23 PM, ProfGriff said:

I just picked up a 92 Westfield and it won't pass my provincial road inspection with the small glasspack that is on it. This will primarily be a track and autoX car, but I do drive it on the street. I was thinking of just forking over the cash for the Westfield Carbon Fiber muffler, but it will be expensive by the time it gets here to Canada. I'm open to other options, but I do want something that looks better than what's on it. The exhaust is all connected with slip joints, so I'm not above using the existing one for track, and another for street. I'm also open to fabbing something (well, not me, but my welder buddy) so any recommendations are welcome. BTW, the engine is a fully race prepped 2.1 SOHC Ford that's 13:1 with a BIG cam and BIG carbs, so it's quite loud as is.

Thanks

Phil

Hello - I have a Westfield carbon exhaust that I don't need and I'd be willing to sell it. It has 200 miles at the most and is in very good shape. The inlet is 2.500". It was mounted on the right side of the car and the underside has the usual slightly sandblasted look that one would expect.

I was underweight for SCCA autocross class and adding a heavy muffler was the perfect way to bring it up to weight....that's why this light carbon muffler is available.

If you'd like photos let me know. I'll be out over the weekend but could get some for you on Monday.

dave

On 9/25/2021 at 9:06 AM, ProfGriff said:

Hey that sounds great Dave. Drop me a line when you're back. Cheers!

Phil

Good morning - I tried to send these in a PM but the system wouldn't let me for some reason. Take a look and let me know if you're interested and we'll make i9t happen.

dave

DSC_2582.jpeg

DSC_2583.jpeg

DSC_2585.jpeg

DSC_2587.jpeg

Hi Dave, I just checked and it looks like you've exceeded your PM storage limit of 50 messages (you have 54) so you will need to delete some to reenable the PM function for your account.  And to avoid confusion for others who read this, Paid Club Members have a limit of 500.

-John

Just now, JohnCh said:

Hi Dave, I just checked and it looks like you've exceeded your PM storage limit of 50 messages (you have 54) so you will need to delete some to reenable the PM function for your account.  And to avoid confusion for others who read this, Paid Club Members have a limit of 500.

-John

thank you! I'll get on it.

dave