Installing Caterham spec wet sump pan

mrmustang

I've installed the Caterham spec wet sump pan on my 1.6L Sigma engine, from what I can now see, I've now uncovered two extra bolt holes for the Caterham pan to bellhousing that for my sanity, I need to add bolts to, even though the stock pan did not use these bolt holes. I am thinking 1.5" in in length, but I am uncertain of the thread pitch as I am not with the car at the moment, can anyone assist?

In addition, can someone confirm oil capacity at 4 quarts, I vaguely remember 3.8-4L as being the capacity, but there is no real paperwork with the pan as delivered by Caterham, UK.

Thanks in advance,

Bill S.

Bill - The pan bolts should be 8 x 1.25 x 35mm long.  Not sure of oil capacity because I haven't changed the oil yet, but it should be right around 4 qts. 

23 minutes ago, 11Budlite said:

Bill - The pan bolts should be 8 x 1.25 x 35mm long.  Not sure of oil capacity because I haven't changed the oil yet, but it should be right around 4 qts. 

Bruce,

Thanks, I confirmed with Caterham UK that the 3.8-4L is correct, this is just a hair over 4 quarts US, so I am good to go there. Also appreciate the bolt size, when I am back in town I'll be able to get those two vacant holes filled with the proper bolts, which will make my ADHD brain happy.

Bill S.

Glad I could help Bill. And I found one source that said the oil pan bolts should be torqued to 15 lb-ft and that's what I used when I reinstalled the bolt.