Anyone going to LOG?

Anyone going to LOG?

The Lotus Owners Gathering will be in Bee Cave TX, near Austin, in a fortnight.

The good lord willing and the creek don't rise, 74PHIL will be there.  i plan on running Saturday's autocross and shooting at the track days.

Getting ready to leave for LOG.  I will be on I-35 for most of the way.  The exception is this weekend when I am entered in two days of autocross in Neosho, Missouri.  I am booked Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights in a motel in Neosho which possesses a large parking lot.  The larger lot for autocrossing is at 601 Laclede Ave, Neosho, MO 64850.

I will be driving a nice white F-150 pulling a scruffy 20-foot car hauler, both with Minnesota plates.  PM me for my cellphone number.

I passed up the Kansas City autocross on Sunday when I saw that Ozark Mountain Region had postponed a Spring event.  Saturday is Solo Event #2 Make Up and Sunday is Solo Event #7.

LOG overlaps with an annual trip to S TX with friends, so I'll be coming through Austin but not with either Lotus nor doing LOG, unfortunately.

I have to leave my gathering in Uvalde on Saturday rather than Sunday to begin the trek back to NC - so if timing allows I may try to slip through on Saturday.  If not, I hope to see plenty of Lotus on the road.  Hope you all have a great time.

Henry

On 9/19/2024 at 7:25 AM, SENC said:

LOG overlaps with an annual trip to S TX with friends, so I'll be coming through Austin but not with either Lotus nor doing LOG, unfortunately.

I have to leave my gathering in Uvalde on Saturday rather than Sunday to begin the trek back to NC - so if timing allows I may try to slip through on Saturday.  If not, I hope to see plenty of Lotus on the road.  Hope you all have a great time.

Henry

Saturday 28 Sep 2024:

In the morning, the panorama photograph and concour will be at Lakeside Park

305 Buena Vista Dr
Marble Falls TX 78654

In the afternoon, the LOG autocross will be at the Mustang Stadium (high-school-football car park)

1538 Manzano Mile
Marble Falls TX 78654

PM me for my cellphone number.

My Seven is Ford Moonstone Blue with Caterham Firecracker Yellow nose and fenders.  Minnesota license plate 74PHIL.

Guess which one is on the way to LOG.

IMG_6725 Guess which one is on the way to LOG

IMG_6730 Is this non-Lotus here for LOG?

IMG_6730 Is this non-Lotus here for LOG?

I made it to LOG

IMG_6731 I made it to LOG

Yeah, that's my truck.  My trailer is in the designated off-site location.

IMG_6733 I made it to LOG

Using their clock to power my clock

IMG_6736 Using their clock to power my clock

Edited by pethier
  • Like 3

On 9/12/2024 at 10:07 AM, pethier said:

Anyone going to LOG?

The Lotus Owners Gathering will be in Bee Cave TX, near Austin, in a fortnight.

The good lord willing and the creek don't rise, 74PHIL will be there.  i plan on running Saturday's autocross and shooting at the track days.

Half of that has been accomplished.

16 hours ago, Croc said:

Love the photos.  Was it just parade laps of COTA or did they allow you to "unleash the beast"?

That was a parade.  

If you wanted to let it all hang out, you had to pay considerably more to run the track day in progress.  I am told that 9 conventioneers entered the that event, which may have been available both Saturday and Sunday.  Both the parade and the track events were run by "CHIN" which does this sort of thing at several tracks.

LOG had our own "unofficial" track day at Harris Hills, a membership track in San Marcos TX. Today (Monday). I shot a LOT of photos, which I will paw through soon.  No Sevens.

There were three Sevens at the Saturday autocross.  Yeah, I came in third.  First, and damn close to FTD was a 2021 model with Duratec power and Avon tires.  Next was a Superperformance with IDK what engine.  It had Yoko 052 tires, but larger than my 185-50-15 Yokos.  I was a lot closer to that one.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pethier said:

There were three Sevens at the Saturday autocross.  Yeah, I came in third.  First, and damn close to FTD was a 2021 model with Duratec power and Avon tires.  Next was a Superperformance with IDK what engine.  It had Yoko 052 tires, but larger than my 185-50-15 Yokos.  I was a lot closer to that one.

Congratulations on third.  HP rules.  the Superformance S1 would have been a 2L Zetec.  You finished in hp order!

Look forward to seeing the LOG track day photos. 

Sounds like you have a fun time!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Croc said:

Congratulations on third.  HP rules.  the Superformance S1 would have been a 2L Zetec.  You finished in hp order!

Look forward to seeing the LOG track day photos. 

Sounds like you have a fun time!

I checked my notes.  Fastest Seven was a Caterham 420R.

There were 32 entrants.  I believe I was 13th OA.  I'l post the whole thing when I get it discombuberated from the PDF.

• Like 1

I'm packing up.  74PHIL is in the basement here.  when I get things organized in the hotel room where I have been for 7 nights, I will put me and my jump-box (I use it for my trailer winch) in 74PHIL for the trip around the big block to Dick's Sporting goods.  The hotel has a standing agreement with Dick's for guest trailers; this was not a special deal just for us.  its a short walk on Market Street to or from the hotel to Dick's.  It is a longesh drive to Dick's, and a short drive back to the hotel.  The hotel exit from the basement ramp ("ramp" is Twin-Cities-jargon for "parking structure", not just popular slang; it is used in signs displayed by outfits that own such structures) dumps you onto the divided Bee Cave Parkway so you can't get onto Market Street.

Load 74PHIL into its mobile garage, drive the rig to the hotel forecourt, stuff all this impedimenta into the F-150, and head north.  I-35 the whole way this time: no reason to go to Neosho MO.  I'll take a first crack at the Harris HIll real-camera photos and maybe some of my cell-phone stuff from the rest of the LOG wherever I feel like stopping tonight.

I have started posting pix from the Monday track day at LOG.  Sorry, no Sevens were running in the event, but a lot of Lotus cars and some others.

My cellphone stuff is at 

I am no longer a working professional.  I do not charge for pictures.

My photos are by law copyrighted.  You may download photos in the full resolution I posted. Basic registration on Flickr.com is free.

The number of pixels will vary because even though Flickr labels them as "Original" they have been cropped to look good on a computer screen. If you have trouble figuring out how to download the full-rez photos, please let me know.

If you publish them online anywhere, you must give the photo credit "Phil Ethier Photo" and email or Flickermail the URL where they appear.

If you publish them in print, you must give the photo credit "Phil Ethier Photo" and email or Flickermail an image (cellphone is OK) of the page where they appear and the cover of the publication.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1