2024 SCCA Run offs

CarlB

Congratulation to Peter Norton! Peter finished 4th out of 16 cars this year at Road America. He got beat by two BMWs and a Mazda RX-7. SCCA strangles the Caterhams and even makes the car race with Clam front finders. 

• Like 1

I do not think he is. I am friends with his father who use to race the same car. I will see if I can get him on. 
SCCA is very political and Caterham doesn’t have any constituency. Road America is a very fast track and Caterham doesn’t not have good aerodynamics, and they are not allowed to put anything on the front of the cars. The other cars can add spoilers and wheel arches

9 hours ago, IamScotticus said:

Just wondering what his car's spec is.

I don't know how much the rules have changed, but this thread shows some detail of a E-Prod Caterham: 

The clams they run are better than stock ones but are not as good as cycle fenders. The engine is about 200 HP. They have to use the stock intake manifold on a regular not the SVO Zetec. They are not allowed to do anything in front of or to the rear fenders. The 2.8 l BMW engine I would guess at 300 HP or more. 

On 10/9/2024 at 4:23 PM, CarlB said:

They are not allowed to do anything in front of or to the rear fenders.

This car's clams are cut way back.  One shouldn't be able to see the tops of the tyres or the bracket from this angle with full clams.

I watched this race and it was awesome to see the yellow super 7 out there.  I think the solution to some of the objections to the SCCA handicapping these is to run a different classification.  This is something I've advocated for in a different thread.  An inclusive classification for many different types of super 7's would be incredible