Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was searching for local car events and came across an announcement for the Lotus United Gathering taking place in Salt Lake City from September 24-28, 2026. It is apparently an event similar to LOG and the West Coast Lotus Meet, sponsored by Lotus Ltd and the Golden Gate Lotus Club, and hosted by the Utah Lotus Owners Coalition.

 

I have no affiliation with any of these organizations and have no part in organizing this event, but I wanted to post it here to find out if any of the folks on this forum knew about the event and plan on attending. It would be cool to meet some of the people from the forum if anyone comes out to Utah with their 7s.

 

More info here: https://go2lug.com/ 

and here: https://www.lotustalk.com/threads/lotus-united-gathering-lug2026.559414/?post_id=6401032&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTEAc3J0YwZhcHBfaWQKNjYyODU2ODM3OQABHokvgUeSr6VfcgN0GHry6f05jALSmDVsRD-3piSHMhQ1cadm7r3xPRtjszqF_aem_Udaz0vJzssZtApM2hDd93A#post-6401032

  • Thanks 1
Posted

Here is a tentative schedule:

 

* Thursday, Sep 24 – Check in, Meet & Greet

* Friday, Sep 25 - Helper, UT Field Trip, Lunch, Group Photos

* Saturday, Sep 26 – Kirkham Motorsports Factory Tour, Casual Concours & Voting, Dinner @ the Utah Natural History Museum

* Sunday, Sep 27 – Free For All Day for scenic Utah drives culminating in lunch @ a TBD restaurant.

* Monday, Sep 28 – Track Day at Utah Motorsports Campus

  • Thanks 1
Posted

Yes.  I plan on loading up our 7 and heading to Salt Lake.  Most likely leaving from Pasadena area on September 22.

 

The Golden Gate Lotus Club is a good connection.

 

https://gglotus.org/

 

Tom 

  • Like 1
Posted

I'm already booked.

 

Circumstances will dictate whether I have the Caterham or the Birkin in the trailer, but I'm planning in being there.  I had to miss the last go-round in Utah for non-car reasons.

 

It won't be a homecoming for the Elise I bought in Park City, since it has expired while under new ownership.

  • Like 1
Posted

I've never seen another Birkin in the wild, so I would look forward to comparing ours if you brought yours.

 

I'm planning on participating the whole event, but I won't be staying at the hotel. I can provide some local tips for good drives for the free day on Sunday. I've driven the majority of the best roads within 50-ish miles of Salt Lake City.

  • Thanks 2
  • 5 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Looking forward to the event.

Edited by pethier
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

I’m signed up for SLC in Sept., will be trailering car (Lotus or Caterham TBD) from Austin. I’ve enjoyed several LOG events over the years. The combined Golden Gate Lotus / LOG event should be great. Heading to the UK next week for Taffia Fish & Chip Run, on my must do list for years. Now retired, I’m determined to make NJMP in October.

Cheers!

Steve

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 2 months later...
Posted

Update on the Event Schedule -

 

* Thursday, Sep 24 – Check in, Meet & Greet

* Friday, Sep 25 - Lotus On Main - Helper UT, Lunch, Group Photos, Dinner

* Saturday, Sep 26 – Drives, Banquet @ the Utah Natural History Museum

* Sunday, Sep 27 – Funkhana, lunch, open afternoon for travel or track prep

* Monday, Sep 28 – Track Day and Autocross at Utah Motorsports Campus (in partnership with HOD and Everyday Driver)

 

Noted Guest - Robin Shute, 4 time Pike's Peak International Hillclimb Champion

 

Standard Registration continues to Aug 9 when late registration begins ($75 more).

 

Emira_Helper_AI.png

  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...
Posted

I wasn't able to commit to the whole thing, and thus didn't register for the event, but I would still like to see if there are any parts that I could join unofficially, or if anyone is interested in an unofficial USA7's meetup while folks are here in Utah.

 

Any input on either option from those who are attending?

Posted
On 9/23/2026 at 8:00 AM, Silber said:

I wasn't able to commit to the whole thing, and thus didn't register for the event, but I would still like to see if there are any parts that I could join unofficially, or if anyone is interested in an unofficial USA7's meetup while folks are here in Utah.

 

Any input on either option from those who are attending?

Monday there is a track day and open autocross practice at 

 

512 Sheep Ln, Erda, UT 84074

 

https://www.utahmotorsportscampus.com/

 

 

Dunno if you can register to drive, but I think you can get in the door to spectate.  Of course you need to sign a waiver.

 

I will be there to run autocross runs. I am actually driving KMAN 2.9 instead of one of my Sevens.  White Porsche Cayman.   The deal as I understand it is that all folks who paid for the track day AND all of us who only paid for the autocross can just line up and take runs all day.  No work sessions, no classes, no trophies, just drive all day.

 

I will be letting folks ride along on the autocross runs.  Other folks may let you ride along on the big track.  If you have a Snell helmet, bring it.  I know they require an SA helmet for the big track, not sure if they care if it is a Snell M helmet for the the autocross course.  In any case, I think you can rent an SA helmet for 25 bucks.  I'm getting a lunch as part of my fee for the autocross.  I don't think there is a concession stand at the track, so bring a lunch.  I should have some snacks with me.

 

There will be Lotus folks there, as this is basically an add-on day for the LOG/LUG.  Last year in PA, there were at least three Caterhams in the autox practice day and all of us took riders.

 

Send me a private message here on USA7s for my cellphone number.

 

Posted

@pethier I hope the weather is better out at the track than it is along the Wasatch bench. I wish I didn't have to be at work today, but I unfortunately couldn't get away to go play at the track today.

Posted
22 hours ago, Silber said:

@pethier I hope the weather is better out at the track than it is along the Wasatch bench. I wish I didn't have to be at work today, but I unfortunately couldn't get away to go play at the track today.

It was better if you had thunder and lightning and high winds.  We had none of those at the track while I was still there.

 

What we had was rain.  Short periods of no rain.  The autocross line was drying when they shut down the driving courses for lunch.  Sure as fate, the rain started up again after the lunch break.  I ran some more autocross, shared some runs with a young man in a newer Lotus.

 

There was a spot to shoot some panning shots of the big track with a roof over my head, so I got the real camera out.  

 

When the rain started to get really serious in the late afternoon I packed up and headed back to the hotel.  I drove out of the heavy rain as I went east towards Salt Lake City.  Part of the drive was was remarkably dry.  I don't remember seeing any lightning in my mirrors, so maybe they escaped severe weather for the last few track sessions.  Going towards the city at rush hour was OK, there was only one serious traffic backup and it did not last that long.

 

When I reached the hotel, there was light rain.  The @toldfield Seven was in the car park ready to travel.  He later hailed me to join "toldfield et al" for supper. They all had interesting stories to tell.

 

 

 

image.thumb.jpeg.21984920be40673adf159f26961024ca.jpeg

 

The iPhone picture taken from inside KMAN 2.9 makes it look a lot more bright and cheery than it really was...

 

 

 

 

 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...