Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

After much back and forth with Moto-Lita and Caterham, i have successfuly ordered a Moto-Lita Mk4 10" flat bottom (with holes) wheel compatiable with the Momo Quick release hub.

Due to the 10" diameter, theres only enough room for 2 holes, but im pretty excited to have this option.  

 

Thought id share should other folks have the same request.  

I had a Mk4 on my Europa and loved it.  

 

Next up, getting the motorsports guages from Smiths....

Mk 4 Holes 14 inch flat bottom.jpg

Mk4 10 inch Flat bottom.png

Stuck on Spar.png

  • Like 1
Posted

Happy to share I was able to solve the Smith guages as well this week.

 

Ended up with:

FET3-1B52-36C TACHO 8KRPM CATERHAM  $254.44
FES3-1B52-38C 160MPH CATERHAM SMIT $346.13
FFC1-1B52-56C FUEL 52mm CATERHAM $97.46
FOP1-1B52-50C OIL P 52mm CATERHAM $ 97.46
FCT1-1B52-48C WATER 52mm CATERHAM $97.46
CAR CARRIAGE OUT  $55.00

 

Folks at Caerbont Automotive Instruments Ltd. were helpful and share dteh guages are a driect plug and play swap.  No additional wiring or compoents needed.

image.png.96ea2d63ecd2530079e30f96d6889694.png

 

image.png.77f0c63a46e9f9053fe6d1a95c0f9719.png

 

 

 

Posted

@Exarkun1178, Very cool, I’m going to look at that as an option for my 7. Please post a pic of the final install of the wheel and gauges

  • Thanks 1
Posted

@Exarkun1178 can you share the part number for the 10” wheel you ordered? I looked at the Moto-lita site and was unable to find it. Thanks!

Posted
9 hours ago, Carz01 said:

@Exarkun1178 can you share the part number for the 10” wheel you ordered? I looked at the Moto-lita site and was unable to find it. Thanks!


hi. I believe this will be a one off.  If you’re interested I am happy to connect you with the folks helping me with this. 
 

robert 

  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Recieved my Moto-Lita Wheel today!.  Folks were amazing to work with.  shipping was only three days from UK.  

 

The car starts its assymbly next week! and should be complete by august 20th!

image.png

  • Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Hmmmm.  Nice custom piece.

 

I want same in red alcantara. Wonder if that’s possible.

 

 

IMG_7121.jpeg

Edited by Xhilr8n
  • Thanks 1
Posted

That looks great!

I never asked about color or materials.  There were headwinds orginally getting teh 10" at all.  With the file setup however, I think asking that now would go a lot smoother.  Id ave liked a colored piece in the center top if I had to do it again.

 

Robert

Posted

While i am thinking of it, The folks over at Caerbont Instruments have my spec guages schedule for engineering at the end of August.  

 

Next Friday Im schedule to take the factory tour where Ill see my car ~ 80% assembled, im told

 

Piece by piece the car will come together....

Posted (edited)

Track Elise.  Awesome steering wheel to drive, this one shows lotsa hanging on.  And your center marking up top.  Which requires a dead centered setup.


 

 

2%20028.jpeg

Edited by Xhilr8n
  • Like 1
Posted

Got the update today that the folks at Caerbont Automotive have begun the gauge engineering.  
 

 

Speedometer , tachometer, Coolant temp, Fuel gauge, Oil Press

Dial Color: Cirrus white. 
pointer color: orange 

style: telematics 

 

 

 


 

 

IMG_6163.jpeg

Posted
On 8/12/2026 at 8:19 PM, Exarkun1178 said:

Got the update today that the folks at Caerbont Automotive have begun the gauge engineering.  
 

 

 

Speedometer , tachometer, Coolant temp, Fuel gauge, Oil Press

Dial Color: Cirrus white. 
pointer color: orange 

style: telematics 

 

 

 


 

 

IMG_6163.jpeg

Are you going the hall sensor or GPS route?

  • 1 month later...
Posted

Keeping things updated 

 

after seeing my car in person I realized the the black leather wheel may work, but after reflection I decided the car may look better with matching leather- Biscuit (GP077) 

 

I sent a note to my new friends at Moto-Lita and asked it they could do another 

 

they replied yes, but do not carry the exact matching color. 
 

A few emails later and with the help of a few folks at Caterham, we were able to connect with the shop that does Caterham’s leather work.  (OXTED TRIMMING CO LTD). Oxted shared they generally do not sell just the leather but may be able to help. A few days later it was determined, while they did have the right color hide, they did not have the center section that Moto-Lita needed. So Oxted connected me with their supplier Scottish Leather Group. 
 

a few emails later they shipped a whole new hide of biscuit over to Moto-Lita. 
 

the wheel was trimmed up and best of all, they shipped me the rest of the hide so I’ll be able to have a local shop trim up the roll bar. 
 

Worth noting. When we had the first wheel done up, they shared they did not have the tooling to do a single piece. That I’d need Phiths (the bits of leather on the spokes. 
 

with the new wheel they shared that they solved the tooling issue and now it’s all on piece. 

 

Now I’ll have 3 steering wheels to suit my mood I suppose. 
 

I ordered 2 QR hubs after a bit of help from a forum member earlier. So deciding with wheel to use will be as easy as deciding what shoes I wear. 

 

 

IMG_6696.jpeg

IMG_6695.jpeg

IMG_6698.jpeg

  • Like 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...