Crsmyers Posted yesterday at 05:15 PM Posted yesterday at 05:15 PM Hey hey! juts saying hello. I was random browsing and came across the group. Not really looking to anything in particular. i own a Westfield s1 aluminum pre lit car chassis #6 it’s a pretty close copy i see why lotus sued Westfield lol. I’m hear to learn and try to share the very limit knowledge i have gains thus far on the these 7s. I’m sure you be much more of a help to me so thank you in advance 2
theDreamer Posted yesterday at 06:36 PM Posted yesterday at 06:36 PM Welcome to the addiction. Which engine?
7Westfield Posted yesterday at 08:34 PM Posted yesterday at 08:34 PM (edited) Welcome interesting car...lots of differences compared to mine...chassis # in the 70's Do you know if it was built here, or brought in done? I don't know when they started selling them here, but #6 would seem too early for a kit. Too bad they painted all the aluminum strange front fender setup, looks more like a copy of a Lotus 6 different headlight mounts and rear roll bar mounts evolution in action! is it LHD or RHD? I can't really tell from pics what type of wheels? those look like mine--Mistrals I'm guessing a BMC A-series powertrain? join the Westfield club wscc.co.uk Edited yesterday at 08:39 PM by 7Westfield
7Westfield Posted yesterday at 09:28 PM Posted yesterday at 09:28 PM BTW it was Caterham that sued Westfield 1
Scott_ Posted yesterday at 10:43 PM Posted yesterday at 10:43 PM Great looking Westfield, I love the color. Scott
Crsmyers Posted 3 hours ago Author Posted 3 hours ago It’s LHD, i think i am the 3rd owner so according to the 2nd it was complete car imported in. Tag says 1983 i will post the tag. It’s a 1275 mg corect. Wheels are an ultra lite style wheel. I was on the fence to get wore wheels for a more correct look. But i do drive quite “spirited” so not sure I’d like look for performance trade off (open to suggestions if im wrong on that) the previous own was getting older and not giving the car quite the TLC it deserved so i have been slowly getting proper again. I’ve owned it for about 2 yrs now
Crsmyers Posted 3 hours ago Author Posted 3 hours ago It’s LHD, i think i am the 3rd owner so according to the 2nd it was complete car imported in. Tag says 1983 i will post the tag. It’s a 1275 mg corect. Wheels are an ultra lite style wheel. I was on the fence to get wore wheels for a more correct look. But i do drive quite “spirited” so not sure I’d like look for performance trade off (open to suggestions if im wrong on that) the previous own was getting older and not giving the car quite the TLC it deserved so i have been slowly getting proper again. I’ve owned it for about 2 yrs now
7Westfield Posted 32 minutes ago Posted 32 minutes ago (edited) Interesting that it has K L in the number I thought K was for a Ford Kent engine, and L for LHD that's how mine is Being #6, I wonder if it's the oldest Westfield "7" left out there Edited 10 minutes ago by 7Westfield
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now