-
Posts
108 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by Scott_
-
Great looking Westfield, I love the color. Scott
-
Awesome, can't wait to follow the updated on the project. Scott
-
Thanks. I'll start a new owner's thread but it's a completely different animal. The 1.8VVC in the 99 is a great engine in a very light car, Ford Type 9 five speed, was RHD, and was running on 13" wheels. The R400 has a Titan LSD, wide track, 6 speed, and probably 50-60 more HP with the 2.0l Duratec and Kent cams. The SV has 15" wheels I have to say right now I prefer the 13" staggered setup on the '99. The clutch on the '99 was progressive and had long throw, the R400 clutch in my car is more like an on/off switch and took some getting used to. The SV is noticeably bigger than the S3. The '99 had a lowered driver's floor. I had never sat in a SV. This one has lowered floors. I don't have the seat all the way back in this car. Seems like much more room for legs and feet and I can probably get away with not wearing driving shoes in the SV. The '99 had a four point harnesses and the R400 has five point harnesses. I bought a regular rollbar from a member here but will likely keep the cage on for now. (I may be doing a track day in October up at VIR.) The cage is not factory Caterham and was built off a track day rollbar by a race shop. I loved the look of my '99. I also really love the look of the livery on the Superlight R400. This has what they called the Lotus anniversary paint scheme on it and it matches the Caterham F1 livery from the 2012-2014 period. It also matches the R600 promotional photos. Scott
-
Car pickup day for the Superlight R400 SV. Left from Raleigh for Virginia at 6:30am, back in Raleigh by noon. Dropped off trailer and then to DMV to stand in line for thirty minutes for title work and a 10 day tag. Back to the house with the tag and then drove an hour in the countryside. Scott
-
weather equipment for the race roll cage
Scott_ replied to Fabe's topic in General Sevens Discussion
I'd ask Caterham or the reseller you are dealing with. Your question is of interest to me because I am buying a 2012 Superlight SV that has a cage. My research is that the factory weather options are limited and maybe there are some limited options from softbitsforsevens but I doubt you are going to get full protection or regular attachment of doors to windshield. https://www.softbitsshop.co.uk/slr-cage-weather-set-708-p.asp I'm not sure if this is a current 420 Cup order form but there is a note on it about weather equipment non-compatibility with teh race rollcage. Scott -
I think @westfield is right. Your indicator bulb is creating a back-feed path between the two circuits so the diodes should stop that. Scott.
-
So, tell us a little about yourselves
Scott_ replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Hello Sergio and looking forward to hearing about your journey across Europe next year. Scott -
Not Iracing but I occasionally race in GT7 on a PS5. In the last moth or so a 2008 Caterham Superlight was added. Scott
-
I had bought this as part of my plans for a Duratec conversion. Caterham Duratec single-throttle-body plenum/intake assembly, including the Caterham-branded plenum and the separate throttle body shown. It appears complete and in good used condition, with the manifold-to-head seals and the throttle body to plenum seal still present. Asking $300 plus shipping. Thanks for looking, Scott
-
This is the one on the '99. https://www.softbitsshop.co.uk/aeroscreen-motorsport-stormcap-1371-p.asp I think they do call it the long nose in some of their descriptions. Scott
-
RWD Motorsport Duratec to T9 bellhousing and accessories
Scott_ replied to Scott_'s topic in Parts For Sale / Wanted
price reduced, $850 shipped in the US. -
I'm pretty sure it's the storm cap, it may have not been fitted evenly after we loaded the car on the trailer. Scott
-
Thanks. Softbitsforsevens. This is the one for the S3, FIA rollbar, and cf aeroscreen with SPA mirrors. They make them for all combinations. Scott
-
It's on its way to northern Virginia. I really enjoyed this car but am also excited for the next Caterham.
-
SOLD New Quaife ATB differential for Sierra 7" Caterham for sale
Scott_ replied to Scott_'s topic in Parts For Sale / Wanted
The ratio is determined by your current ring and pinion and you just carry your ring over to the new diff. Scott -
SOLD New Quaife ATB differential for Sierra 7" Caterham for sale
Scott_ replied to Scott_'s topic in Parts For Sale / Wanted
SOLD!
