Caterham Seven 620S Review: It's A Supercharged Squirrel!

Vovchandr

• 4 weeks later...

Its too fast for road really. Its enormously fun to drive but you do find the limits of the rear end to get grip and stay planted. As a track weapon it is an incredible piece of kit but still tricky to keep the rear end sticking.

One would argue that's a bit of the idea with the 620? To have more of a crazy ride..

My 485 rips pretty well but doesn't have any traction issues as long as you're pointed straight - I'm also at 7500 ft above sea level so power is comparatively down a lot. I imagine at sea level the 485 is pretty insane, and needs the tall 1st gear much more to manage low speed traction. Given the altitude if I had a shot at a 620 I'd go for it, otherwise the 485 isn't going anywhere. (I hope)

One would argue that's a bit of the idea with the 620? To have more of a crazy ride..

My 485 rips pretty well but doesn't have any traction issues as long as you're pointed straight - I'm also at 7500 ft above sea level so power is comparatively down a lot. I imagine at sea level the 485 is pretty insane, and needs the tall 1st gear much more to manage low speed traction. Given the altitude if I had a shot at a 620 I'd go for it, otherwise the 485 isn't going anywhere. (I hope)

I'd stay with your 485. The 620 comes with a sequential which is not really road friendly. Plus the 620 is only right hand drive as the super charger installation precludes swapping over the steering column.