Prisoner wheels-what lug nuts to use?

SCse7en

I bought a set of these 15 inch prisoner wheels a few years ago and am now finally getting around to using them.  I did not get any lug nuts with them but did get the rare removeable covers though!

Looking at my other alloy wheels some use a steel insert that is installed in the wheel lug nut area to use normal lug nuts and the others that use sleeved lug nuts are just plain alloy with  no steel inserts in that area.  These prisoner wheels have the tapered area at the base of the lug nut hole as if to fit normal lug nuts but there is no steel insert.  Can anyone with these wheels help ID what lug nuts to use for these prisoner wheels?  I have had no luck searching on the forum.  Photo is not of my car but to show what the prisoner wheel looks like.  Thank you!  Eric

DSC05750.JPG

SCse7en,

If they are a KN wheel like the 16' and 14' wheels I have they use a M12-1.5 thread. I just purchased some McGard 64012 nuts to go with the KN 14x6 wheels I picked up. The 16' wheels use a hub cap similar to those on your wheels and use an open ended buldge nut, I suspect it's made by Gorilla since the hub cap nuts/keys are. As far as inserts, the KN wheels I have do not have any.

Andy

Here are three photos. One is of my HPC 16” KN wheel with lug nuts in place. The second is of a refurbished Prisoner wheel for sale. It does not have nor does it look like it should have any inserts. The third is of a single lug nut which I believe is similar to the ones on my car. You did not mention what year or type your car is. Older I assume will be Ford pattern and Imperial Standard. Its the newer cars that will be Metric.

HPC KN wheel.jpg

Caterham+Prisoner+Alloy+Wheel.jpg

wheel-nut-seven-170.jpg

SCse7en,

If you're planning on using the 64012 lug nuts check the overall height to make sure they fit under the caps. I'm running them on Minilite style wheels with no caps.

Andy

Whatever else you do, please be sure the type of taper on the lug nut matches the taper on the wheel.

(Ignore the "compatible" mentions on the image -- it's just here to show the difference)

spacer.png