SEVEN WATCH GROUP PURCHASE

jeaned2

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news, but as far as I am concerned, enjoy your holidays and ship them when you can.

Enjoy your Christmas with your family!

Well, 4 hours of packing last night, and 3 hours of waiting at the freaking FedEx store, and USPS, and everything labeled "SENT" in the first post in this thread has been shipped. Except Ian7 - still waiting for address.

Shipping was a little more than I had planned, but still OK. FedEx charged about 7 to 8 for most packages - I had budgeted 8 for shipping and handling (including padded envelope). But most of you had thrown in a few extra bucks, so no sweat.

FedEx wanted $50 to ship Busa's package because he posts in French :rofl:

So for our Canadian friends, I went over to USPS.

I have tracking numbers for everyone except Canadian packages (that would have cost alot more). If you absolutely must have a tracking number, let me know and I'll get it for you.

I shipped in the order of the list in the first post. I skipped over any orders that had "woman" watches, since those have not come in yet. If the second package comes in today, I will take it on my vacation with me, and ship the rest from there. Otherwise, things will get delayed by a week.

Everyone who has a package in the mail should have also received an email from me, confirming address and contents. The emails started out nicely, wishing you a Merry Christmas, etc... By the end, it was more like "here's your damn box" :jester:

Fortunately the Skins took care of the Vikings while I was doing this... If Vikings had come back and won, a few of the watches may have been damaged :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel:

Hope they all arrive in one piece

FedEx wanted $50 to ship Busa's package because he posts in French :rofl:

Thank you and Merry Christmas

Merci et le Joyeux Noël:d :leaving:

Danke und Fröhlich Weihnachten:d :leaving:

Grazie e Buon Natale:d :leaving:

Gracias y Feliz Navidad:d :leaving:

:_deadhorse: Did I miss any of the major food groups?:_deadhorse:

woohoo... I got emails from a couple others who also received them.

The 2nd package did not arrive before I went on vacation, so any of you with women's watches, and the last handful with mens watches will have to wait till the 2nd shipment arrives.

The doorbell just rang, I heard the outer door open and close and when I got there, I was just in time to see Santa climbing back into his sleigh -- which looked a lot like the FedEx truck.

Inside the door was a package containing my watch! It looks great!

Thanks Mazda!

-Delayne

Mine showed up this afternoon so they are getting as far as Colorado by now.

Looks great but smells bad! Has a very strong mildew type of smell that I noticed before I even opened the shipping package. Do they all smell that way and will the smell go away?

Thanks for Mazda and Jeaned for their combined efforts to get these to us.

Skip

Mine showed up this afternoon so they are getting as far as Colorado by now.

Looks great but smells bad! Has a very strong mildew type of smell that I noticed before I even opened the shipping package. Do they all smell that way and will the smell go away?

Thanks for Mazda and Jeaned for their combined efforts to get these to us.

Skip

I had all 35 boxes open as I was packing them... The smell was strong (they were all like that).

I think it might be from the new wrist bands?

It is from the wrist bands. A rub down with some saddle soap and mine were fine. Dunno if its the leather itself or the dye on the bands. Then again, its habit for me to do this with anything leather from my boots on up. Now, there are better things out there than saddle soap, but thats what I have.

Would Lexol work? I have that but would have to buy some saddle soap.

Maybe my nose is more sensitive than most to that particular smell, but I can't imagine opening 35 of those boxes in my house and then be able to stay indoors with the smell. I put my watch in a closed storage room to keep the smell out of the rest of the house.

I'll clean it and see if that helps.