Ford Crossflow to BDR Conversion

11Budlite

So I have a "monster" 948cc A-series sitting under my bench afraid to come out because of the "King Kong" 1798cc B-series in my '64 MGB sitting in the garage! I got rid of "Godzilla" a couple years back when I sold off my '72 Midget and almost all of my 30-year collection of Spridget parts. I almost picked up an early Lotus 7 S2 a couple years back which would have been the new home for the "monster" motor sitting under the bench. I wonder if that car is still for sale....

crazymike - I love what you're doing with your build. When do you think you'll have it done?

Good stuff guys, I couldn't agree with you more! :)

+1

I went on a drive up in the hils behind us with some friends this morning.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6099/6273231075_cf6ed6334a_b.jpg

My 85Hp "monster" 109E (1340cc Kent Cosworth push rod) is more than adequate to keep up with the supercharged Exiges in our group…..until we get to any kind of high speed regions. In the twisty bits my car's 980lb weight (with a full tank of fuel) more than makes up for the lack of horsepower and torque.

Ron - Nice photo, that must have been a fun drive!

I contacted RetroFord about the BDA/Zetec cover and was told that they would be available in two weeks at a cost of 250 British Pounds plus VAT (shouldn't apply to US customers). That works out to $400.02 at today's exchange rate. The cover comes with a gasket, bolts, and a BDA cap.

Anybody interested? I'd like to see a picture of the actual cover before I made a decision.

I'm hoping for this spring. It's a steep learning curve trying to balance a 40hr a week job, taking on fabrication projects on the side and putting in design/fab time into the Lotus, all while dealing with a tiny ingested garage. I just found a period steering wheel and I'm waiting on a deal for some early bench seats that will save me the time upulstering my own. I'll post more pits soon.