US Caterham Cup - 0.082 Seconds between 1st and 2nd place!

We've been having a great PNW weather lately and of course this meant we had tricky conditions at the Portland chicane challenge. Ofcourse it did not help that Radical dumped coolant on the track, so it was more ice then wet :)

I've used multiple cameras for this edit, 360, Gopro, AIM and a drone.  Hope you folks enjoy it :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Great video and race! You and Tamer were separated by just 0.015 seconds in qualifying and 0.082 seconds at the finish.  Talk about being closely matched!

-John

I hit coolant on back straight braking point, in qualifying. In qualy, i was 122mph ( according to the data) and what saved me was that i was close to the wall, so not much rotation happened towards the wall. As a result, i bounced of the wall, scarpped both wheels, lost rear fender and messed up my alignment. The race was heavy rain, with alignment i was compromised but in Sunday qualy and race ran away in the dry with full donination 😀

6 hours ago, JohnCh said:

Great video and race! You and Tamer were separated by just 0.015 seconds in qualifying and 0.082 seconds at the finish.  Talk about being closely matched!

-John

Thanks! Qualy was actually 1.015 secs diffrence  😀

On 6/23/2022 at 6:17 AM, fastg said:

Love the wet weather lines. Great video editing. Well done all around. 

Graham 

Thank you sir, glad you liked it. The only part i don't feel great about is the sound quality and the video quality of the AIM camera my friend was using. It is so 1990's resolution. Luckly they came up with a Aim Smartycam 3 which he is upgrading to as we speak