Bolstered seats that fit in Birkin S3

RedbeardRacing

I am sure this topic has probably been best to death already. But I would love some fresh input. 

The ultrashield sport seat seams like a great option. I fit well in the 15" seat, but am not sure if that will fit in my chassis. 

$580

The tillet carbon stuff is all sexy as hell and looks like it will bolt right in for the twice the price of the ultra shield sport seat. 

$12-1300

I have seen a couple other seat options from kit car direct, just want to hear what everyone else's experience are. 

I currently have the factory padded leather seats and at autox I'm sliding my butt all over lol.

Thanks in advance.  

What size/year chassis do you have?
 I squeezed a tillett B6 into my S3 narrow body Birkin and love it. Well work the expense for comfortable driving and preventing lateral body motion during autoX and trackday.

It ‘fits’…. with a little fettling.  

• Like 1

I'm actually researching seats *without* side bolsters, to gain an inch of width in my imperial S3. The side of the car and the center tunnel serve as side bolsters after all. I have bolstered seats now, and I fit, but a tad more room would be nice.

• Like 1

How about an accessory upholstered panel that drops in between the tunnel and lower seat bolster? Easily removed and no mods to the original seats. The lower edge of the cushion matches the curve of the top of the seat bolster and the top of the cushion just clears the belt and hand brake. It can be as thick as it needs to be. There could be one on each side. 

• Like 1

If the issue is only while AutoXing and IF the Birkin seat bottom is separate from the back, you might consider just making a foam in place bottom cushion to be used only during AutoX. My Caterham has the leather seats, I use the standard seat cushion when going for short drives but swap in the foam in place seat cushion for drives over 2-3 hours because the foam in place gives much better thigh support.

IMG_2079(1).jpg

IMG_2081(1).jpg

• Like 1

I have seen photos of added on bolstering like @MV8 was suggesting. Not a bad idea as I do have the stock seats. 

My problem is I sat in a damn 420 SV and those seats were like a dream, snug and comfortable. And it's going to be tough to recreate that feeling for less than what those seats cost. I think extra bolstering or a quick cushion swap is my cheapest option. But the bar is set. 

@wdb my tunnel just isn't that tall, of course the side is. But my butt isn't planted well enough to rely on those. I guess a seat that locked my hips in would be sufficient. 

• Like 1