A bound soft cover book containing many of the Lotus Seven road tests from various U.K. magazines, plus DSK Seven.  The author also published a book on the Lotus Racing cars in the same cover colours, both being sold on the 'bay', but I have not seen these for some time.  The copies are quite crude, and some of the black and white photos have not reproduced very well.  A few of the road tests are not contained in the Portfolio booklets.

Book7.JPG

Some road tests are repeats from this same series of booklets on the Seven and the Caterham.  There is a 2 part story from Cars and Car Conversions, whereby the staff at the magazine built a kit of a Series 3 in July 1969

Book8.JPG

Book8.1.JPG

• Thanks 1

Book by Graham Arnold, Sales Director at Lotus.  Many black and white photos of various Sevens, plus some colour pics.  Graham Arnold includes interviews from Seven owners about their cars.  A Haynes publication.

Book9.JPG

Book9.1.JPG

Hi Scott and contributors to this topic.  I have been using the warm weather to paint some parts on my car and let them dry before the cold weather sets in. I really didn't have time to photo inside the covers and load them on to my computer, and the photos are not the best.  It's just a list of books (my 'library' has some that you have shown), that I accumulated new and second hand to help me with my rebuild after I left it too long to remember all the details of my car, and wouldn't you know - way back when, I didn't take any photos of the original car when I disassembled it (bone headed or what?).

I truly hope that any members on this forum in Florida make it out safely.  EW.

This magazine contained many stories regarding the Lotus Seven race cars and other photos of Sevens.  It is still available from the club, and you don't (or at least didn't) have to join to get it.  Most of the articles on the Seven are by John Watson of the Lotus Seven Register.  It's a good mag. to have in your collection.

Book10.JPG

Book10.1.JPG

On 10/8/2024 at 7:41 PM, EdWills said:

Contains photos and stories on Lotus Sevens, plus lookalikes from Donkervoort and others, including a diesel Seven copy.

Book6.JPG

Book6.1.JPG

I have/had this one!  Where is it?

Hi Pethier.  I went across the pond to visit family in the mid 1990s and my brother-in-law and I took a trip from S.W. England to Caterham in Crayford, close to Dartford.  I needed some parts, and my brother-in-law had business in the area.  Graham Nearn gave us a great tour of the factory (which was so very different from the cramped quarters in Caterham, Surrey), and the staff were very friendly and helpful locating the parts I needed.  The parts manager gave me the parts book and some other brochures detailing the new cars.  My family and I used to live in Bexleyheath, about a 20 minute drive away from Caterham’s new digs, but it took me a few minutes to get my bearings and it was hard to recognize the Crayford area from when I lived nearby in the 1960s. The parts book does not have a publication date inside, but there is mention of the upcoming 1992 racing season for the 2 racing categories for Caterham cars.  The parts book is in good nick and hardly used as many of the parts pictured inside do not apply to my Lotus Seven unfortunately.  Just an fyi. When the original Redline took over the parts distribution for the Lotus Seven and early versions of the Caterham models, Mick at Redline did not use the original part numbers to identify the various parts.  He just needed a good explanation and possibly a photo to identify what you required.  Previously, Alex Davids at Caterham knew all the parts and part numbers off by heart.  John Donohoe of Simple Sevens sold me a front licence plate bracket originally from Caterham, that was painted in the graphite colour and still had the paper tag with the Lotus part number on it.  This parts book uses Caterham’s part numbers for the newer cars, and some of the original Lotus parts identification numbers along with line drawings. Cheers. Will

There's once chapter consisting of 6 pages covering the Lotus Seven S1-S4 in this book.

Book1.jpg

Book2.jpg

Book4.jpg

Edited by 11Budlite
Added photo
  • Thanks 1

On 10/8/2024 at 1:13 PM, Taber10 said:

Caterham Seven 2000-2010

The Magnificent Seven FOURTH EDITION

IMG_1007.jpg

I got this one.  I can find so many errors,  I made my own slap game. S2 tach on the passenger side?  :classic_huh: 

C'mon Rees, you know better.

Where I completely lost it was the abysmal photos for the GT downdraught 7s.  The bulge!  The GT, and the 67-69 S3, and the S4, have that singular feature that sets them apart from almost all other 7s ever made, a bonnet bulge or scoop.  Rees couldn't find a decent picture?  Yes, I admit they're scarce.  But, geez.

Here, I'll give one:

Screenshot_20231201_170602_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.06a907678e3fa302eac38c942970c995.jpg

Screenshot_20231201_165813_DuckDuckGo.thumb.jpg.4810fccc04b9f1147dc8869c7e8a4d62.jpg

I know, it has a Lotus badge. 

They just can't resist.