LOG 29

sparecr

I will sending out an email to everyone who has "registered" via email today with a loose events schedule. I will also post here so that those who I miss on the email have a chance. It looks like less than 20 of us this time so we are keeping things loose.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry for the late notice but trying to get everyone accounted for and "registered". as of right now there are 12 USA7s members registered. It appears everyone is staying at the Wynfrey and has registered for LOG. There is one person who did not include this info in their email so I am unsure.

The majority is showing up on Thursday and more than half are registered for the Peter Egan dinner, sponsored by Caterham Cars (no doing on our part). USA7s was not slated to start until Friday so if you had not registered for this Q&A with Peter it could be interesting. The Official USA7s stuff will start at 1:30 at the Barber Museum. I am planning on giving you behind the scenes tour, a track tour, and possibly a track track lap (in a van sorry). This is the only time this is happening over the weekend, the basement floor is open for LOG on Saturday during lunch, but not the back areas. So please gather in the lobby of the museum by 1:30 on Friday. Friday evening if you are not attending the LOG welcome dinner, there is an informal car show at the host hotel for the Sportscars in the Park event. Just a parking lot shoot the shat pizza and BYoB thing. Some of the LOG special guest might drop by, might not. After this I plan on shooting over to the Wynfrey for the LOG Bar Scene.

Saturday is the day of shows and racing at Barber's. It appears most everyone is registered with LOG so all the Sevens will be displayed in that group. There of course is the Sportscars in the Park just up the hill from the LOG concours, and the SE Region Mercedes Club is having a meet in the park also. Lunch will be in the museum, if you registered for a LOG lunch. If not a "roach coach" will be up the hill for the lunch needs. I plan on doing the USA7s board meeting in the Atrium of the museum Saturday around 3. Saturday night is open events again more than half have registered for the LOG dinner that night, but I think we are going to get Al to take the other half out together, somewhere.

Sunday some will be autoXing and those who wanted the drive are in luck, we will be doing a drive from the hotel to 29 Dreams for breakfast, decent roads most of the way and after breakfast we will continue on Copperhead Road which has been compared to the Dragon, you make the call.

So yeah one drive, one show, a big track day, an autoX, a few good meals with buds hope it works as a nice casual relaxing weekend for all. Remember much of this was designed to keep costs low to the group and the indivdual, but allow whoever comes to have a great time. And if we want more excitment let me know via email, or say something Friday I try and keep everything fluid.

email with questions/comments

nodrivinggloves@gmail.com

It's now 4Pm Eastern Daylight time, and the trailer is now loaded up and ready to go.

I've loaded everything I can think of into the trailer and have more tiedowns and bungee cords crisscrossing the inside that it's like one of those spy movie shots where the agent tries to maneuver between the laser beams.

Just have to pack a few shorts and shirts and I'm ready for that 3 am alarm.

We plan on heading out west on the Pa turnpike to 81 south and then driving until about Knoxville Tennesse. If we can make it that far. Approx 600 miles.

We'll spend the night and finish the 300 miles or so to Birmingham on Thrusday and hope to get to the Wynfrey around 2 PM or so.

We'll be in a Yellow Dodge 1500 pickup towing an Enclosed Black Pace trailier.

If Anyone sees us on the way down, be sure to wave as you blow by us. :D

Tom

Knoxville to Birmingham is about 5 hours, do your best to get to the south side of Knoxville (and be sure to use 640, 40 is closed and they mean closed, just follow detour signs and you will be okay) I Just did Carlisle to Birmingham 2 weeks ago 12 Hours with my Ram 1500 and trailer.

No USA7 events are seperate from LOG, there is some overlap, but we have our own stuff planned in addtion to events we can piggyback on with the Local British club and LOG.

Just remember our stuff starts at the Barber Museum at 1:30 Friday, tell the front desk you are with USA7s or John Viviani. See the above thread for the basic details for the weekend. Please email me at nodrivinggloves@gmail.com so I can keep you updated on the happenings or check the Twitter page for updates of how the event is going at

I'm flying out tomorrow AM, should be at Wynfrey by noon. I've got terrible allergies right now, which I hope don't slow me down too much this weekend.

Well, It's 9:40PM on Wednesday night and I am sitting in the lobby of the Wynfrey hotel.

:D:D:D We left at 3 am Philly time and drove straight thru. Had planned to stop around Knoxville on the first day and finish the drive in on Thursday morning.

Got to Knoxville around 3PM EDT and decided to push on as we were still feeling pretty good and the weather at that time was great. Had some rain on the way down early in the trip.

We arrived at 7:40 PM CDT. Didn't realize that we'd gain an hour.

We had dinner, a couple of drinks and now I'm going to catch up on some of the sleep that I missed last night.

See everyone Tomorrow.

Tom

Online for the first time today...the buzz of various cars pulling up to the hotel has me constantly getting up to look out the window...just saw a Cortina pull out...tons of Elises, of course....also saw Dean G in the when I first arrived.

Yellow Birkin too, loaded up with luggage and carbon front fenders (or at least black ones...tough to tell from up here). I guess I'll run into folks at Registration...

Hey Al, where are you???

I've met up with Dean G, Breezy and his wife, the father and son from Fla. in the Blue and silver Stalker, so far.

Just spoke to a guy with a Lotus 2 11 parked out in front of the lobby. Pretty neat, he said he wanted a 7 but ended up with the 211 instead.

Tom

Well, I'm taking a last little break before going down to the Peter Egan talk, the first major event of LOG 29.

When I was walking into the adjoining mall, I hear someone say "Al?" And golly if it isn't Ed Hudson, who had brought his QED Vauxhall powered Caterham down to 7-7-7 a few years ago. Ed drove an SUV down this time while the Seven gets some work done.

Then, on the elevators to registration...Tom G. waves me down. We chat for a bit, then Ed and I go down into the parking area to see what cars are there. A blue Stalker, a nice green Series 2 from NY, something small under a cover, and an ali and green Cat with Illinois plates.

Then back up at registration, I see a familiar face: Jeff P. from the Chicago area (he was on the second morning blat down at 7-7-7). And Jim D. and his son Jeff, who were also at Tail of the Dragon, in Jeff's Elise. Jim is the owner of the Blue Stalker, which turned 240-ish at the wheels in the afternoon dyno session.

I just realized that my version of iPhoto doesn't take raw files, so I'll have to switch formats and post later.

Just got done having dinner with Ed H. and Tom G. & Tom's cousin who trailered down with him. We saw the Peter Egan talk, which was great...Chris Beebe, driver and mechanic extraordinaire was also there...apparently he's great friends with Peter Egan

Before the talk/Q&A, Ed and I were in line at the bar and this white-haired gentleman seems like he's cutting in front of us...after realizing there was a line he joined a group behind us — it's none other than Peter Egan himself, and I bought him a drink (a coke).

We ran into Drew R. and his wife Janet and also Taber T. and his wife. Then at the Egan/Beebe talk, across the room, I see Christine Nettleship and Scott, who sit with me. The Nettleships are here with a pretty red Elite.

Good stuff so far. Can someone post John's LOG plan to the usa@se7ens.net list? I think there may be some folks who aren't aware of John's gracious offer to host us for a private tour of Barber tomorrow, starting at 1:30 pm.

----

Forgot to mention that when asked by Lotus luminary Ross Robbins what got them into Lotus cars in the first place, both Egan and Beebe mentioned the Seven...in fact, Peter Egan said (following up on Chris' commentary): "Like Chris, I fell under the spell of the Seven." Amen to that.

Edited by Al Navarro

I was at the Wynfrey in the bar Thursday night with Clive and Bob, was at the Peter Egan thing for a short time last night and I have yet to see anyone. Guess I was on Stealth mode.

Look forward to meeting up today at Barber 1:30ish, come early if you wish and start looking around the museum it could take a day in itself...

After the tour everyone here will have the Twitter info in case they want to do quick updates...

Sure wish I could have attended just to get to see the museum if nothing else, along with the folks that I know and have meet in the past when I was back East.

Post some photos if you have the time along with a narrative of the events taking place as I know there are a lot of us that wish we could have attended.

Barber Museum tour was amazing!!!! Lotus collection is awesome, the Museum is an incredible place. 4 floors of Motorcycles stacked in every posible way you can imagine. Plus a storage area that held hundreds maybe a thousand more.

President John did an outstanding tour, and took us in groups of ten in a van around the track. He said that the owner wants it concidered as the "Augusta" (country club) of motorsports. It IS!!!

as for the track, I'm going to scare the piss out of myself on Monday!!!!

Tom

Great day...about 30 people showed up for the USA7s exclusive "backstage" tour of the Barber Motorsports Museum.

Thanks so much to John Viviani and the Barber staff for accommodating us. He even took us out on a drive of the track (in a van, as promised, and not at race pace, thank goodness).

Great to meet and recruit some new folks.

Some pix before I go down to watch a film on Colin Chapman.

Library - 4718.jpg

Library - 4725.jpg

Library - 4726.jpg

Library - 4727.jpg

Library - 4728.jpg

John Ch. that first one in the last series is for you.....;-P

Final pic of this series is the 2010 Evora, which I'm pretty sure made its North American debut tonight.

Library - 4737.jpg

Library - 4765.jpg

Library - 4762.jpg

Library - 4787.jpg

Library - 4792.jpg

Edited by Al Navarro
Added caption.