-
Posts
9,187 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by Croc
-
Look, since I have so many tassles on the front bumper of my Tata truck....sorry CSR, would you like one as decoration for your superlight? We could hang it off the roll bar? Would also go nice with the purple fuzzy dice I hear you hang from the rear vision mirror in your Porsche? Get back in your box....who let him out!
-
Sort of looks like an old late 50's corvette from the rear with a "little" extra decoration. What was the owner thinking? ..actually I don't think he was thinking...:ack: Sort of reminds me of this: http://www.shiotsu-used-car.com/blogpics/indian-truck-decoration.jpg
-
updated attendance list
-
Yep it is happening - refer to: http://usa7s.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6464 It has all the details, times etc. I did a mail around but you were not on my list of "locals". Sorry, I will correct that for the future. Try a PM to s1Steve who also has an S1 and looks to be 20 mins drive from you. He may know the place for sourcing S1 parts. What diameter are the bowls/glass?
-
I am glad you came out of this relatively unscathed. In this situation, I don;t think there is much you could have done. He was texting and not paying attention. Not much short of a train horn would have got his attention that you were slowing and turning.
-
And I thought my "yard sales" when skiing were bad. I wonder if it the snowmobile started up again afterwards?
-
Attached are the suspension set up settings for my CSR Superlight. The starting settings are those provided by Caterham UK to Caterham USA. The final used settings were those ultimately used on my car, where different from Caterham UK recommended. Caterham CSR Superlight Suspension Set up.pdf
-
Taken yesterday in my backyard. Will try again as the silver is difficult to photograph well in sunlight. I guess Miss Liberty does not like sevens - she is turning her back on me:
-
Roll call of attendance: Bruce Bowker Crewst (tentative) Jon (Boxologist) Martin (The Stig) Possible: Tom (Yellowss) Ryan (Proj217) - will need trailer parking To be updated as people confirm Unable to attend: Karl (Blubarisax) Arya E Rick (Ricko32) Steve (S1Steve)
-
Gentlemen Further to last week’s email, about the June 27 and 28 New Jersey Motorsports Park sevens track day, I wanted to write and inform you that on June 11, the third annual New Jersey sevens run will take place in Milford, NJ. I am sending you this email as you have been identified as being within a reasonable driving distance of this event. Many of you have participated in prior years and we hope to see you again. The plan is to meet June 11, 2011 in Milford, NJ at 10.30am at the town/church parking lot. The lot is located at the intersection of Bridge Street and Water St/Frenchtown Road. It is pretty easy to find as it is a one traffic light town and the parking lot is next to it. The plan is to meet up at 10.30am, check out each other’s cars and then go for a 1.5 hour blat through the countryside. Bruce knows all the great roads and prior explorations have been great fun. We may be able to stop at the Vansant to check out the activity and the historic aircraft maintained there. Afterward we return to Milford and go for lunch at the Ship Inn, located just across from the parking lot meeting point. http://www.shipinn.com/ Even if you do not have a seven for the day you please turn up anyway to join in the fun. If you plan to trailer your car to the event, Bruce Bowker has off-street parking available upon request. If you know other seveners who are not active on the USA7s list please let them know they are welcome to attend. Hope to see you all there. Cheers
-
I just spent 2 hours browsing your build pics with a few cups of the morning wake up drink - the effort and the quality you put into that build is exceptional. So many great ideas here that I am now thinking about. The seven looks great - the color scheme suits it so well. How long did it take you to get this far? I will be interested to hear how it drives when you really get a chance to push it hard.
-
Gary delivers a car perfectly and I would recommend him with no reservations. However, he is a smaller 3 truck operation so timing can be longer/require more coordination. If urgent then he is probably not going to work. In that instance I would be looking at larger car shipping operations.
-
Here are some Blatchat topics that address some of the questions you are raising. I always find doing searches in the Tech section gives me an answer that some sevener has faced before me. If that does not work then there are also many friendly guys here with a wealth of knowledge: Tunnel top removal - simple answer is loosen handbrake cable, stand handle up vertical, remove gear knob and check that screws are removed at the rear of the tunnel top (I think I put them back in the last time I had the engine out). http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=201437 Gearbox oil top up http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=159135 http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=190698 http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=183709 Diff Removal http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=156137 Diff Oil Check http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=183709 Also for the lid, I think BGH also offer a replacement part: http://www.bghgeartech.co.uk/html/bgh_home.html
-
Talking to Jon last week, I mentioned this event and that you were keen to attend. He thought he could have it ready in time...like you I am hoping! Call me strange but I expect I would run away if I felt a cold nose up my butt. :ack: Maybe you men in Philly are different?
-
However, while passengers are not allowed, I understand pets are allowed. I believe Tom drives with Rover at his track days
-
The answer from FAQ on SDCA website is no passengers: https://www.scda1.com/faq/ "For insurance purposes passengers are not allowed at SCDA events."
-
Drivers confirmed interest for one or both days: Tom (Yellowss) Mike (Kitcat) Karl (Blubarisax) Mike (Croc) Stewart (Sabbot) - 27th only Michael (MichaelD) Attending at least 1 day but not driving: Dave (DaveD) - 27th Ron (Redgoose) Jack (Jvbtte/JLBtrans) - trying to make it work. not sure if car will be ready. Unable to attend: Andy (Pinballking) Jon (Boxologist) To be updated as more confirm
-
I sent around an email to potential Seveners interested in this event plus posted it here in case I missed anyone. http://usa7s.com/vb/showthread.php?t=6453 The post also has all the links to accommodation and how to book the villas or VIP suites. Maybe migrate subsequent discussion across to the new post with all the details listed?
-
The following email was just sent to a number of people within reasonable driving range of NJMP in Milville NJ. I am posting it here in the event I accidentally left anyone off the distribution list: Gentlemen, I trust you are all well. You are receiving this PM because I understand that you are located within a reasonable driving range of New Jersey Motorsports Park and would be potentially interested in a USA7’s event being organized for June 27 and 28. Tom (Yellowss) has been in contact with Ian Prout of SCDA regarding having a Sevens session at a New Jersey Motorsports Park track day being run on Monday June 27 and Tuesday June 28. Ian has undertaken to group the Seveners into the intermediate group, assuming a minimum level of track experience. The SCDA website page is at: https://www.scda1.com/events/detail_by_id/465930832 From the site: The SCDA, LLC is pleased to announce that we will be hosting a two day event at the brand new New Jersey Motorsports Park facility, located in Millville, New Jersey on June 27 & 28. To provide maximum value to our customers, we are pleased to offer two hours of track time per day! Please note that this world class facility consists of two completely independent, stand alone tracks. The NJMP event on June 27 will take place on the ultra fast ten turn, 1.9 mile Lightning Raceway. On June 28, we will be returning to NJMP, and on this date hosting the event on the fourteen turn, 2.25 mile Thunderbolt Raceway. These two tracks are brand new, fast, challenging and exciting! This is a unique opportunity to experience not one, but, two fast, smooth and completely independent tracks in one trip! Participants can expect a minimum of two hours track time each day, one on one In Car Instruction if needed, and two Classroom Sessions. This event is open to all skill level drivers, from Novice through Advanced! In an effort to provide maximum levels of safety, quality, and fun at our events, the SCDA will provide trained and certified SCCA flaggers at the corner stations. This ensures that our drivers can focus on one thing- improving their driving skills. New Jersey Motorsports Park events are $295 for a single day and $545 for a two consecutive day event. NJMP EARLY BIRD PRICING UPDATE -- Register before 6/13/11 and save 10% off the 2 day entry fee! Retail Pricing for this event is $545. Early Bird Pricing between now and 6/13/11 is $490.50 For those of you who have not had your car on track, this is a great way to safely drive your car at speed. Instructors are available and recommended. You drive at your own speed - it's not a race or timed event. Passing is restricted by run group to either No passing for novice, Passing on the main straights with a wave by, for the intermediates, to passing with a wave by in the expert groups. A number of us will be staying overnight the Sunday and Monday, either at a local hotel or at the VIP Thunderbolt track-side suites offered by NJMP which are offered at $109 (plus $37 tax) per night. The evening dinners should be a highlight. If you want to read the evolution of this idea via the lengthy thread on USA7s then here is the link: http://usa7s.com/vb/showthread.php?t=5951 For those of you who do not currently own Sevens but would like to join in the Sevens grouping, a small number of Spec Miatas are available for rental – see here for details: https://www.scda1.com/rental-car/ Please let me know if you are interested so we can try to save space in the designated sevens session. I hope to see many of you there – I think we will have a great time. Cheers mike For reference the accommodation link to nearby hotels is at: http://www.njmp.com/accommodations.html For those wanting to rent a VIP Suite at Thunderbolt Track then please see: http://www.njmp.com/vip.html For reference the VIP suites are $109 per night plus $37 tax and have 2 beds (so 2 guys). The Villas have 3 bedrooms, a living and dining area and are $499 plus tax per night or $166 per person sharing per night. The other accommodation comes up on a search as follows: 1) Holiday Inn Express Vineland (3 stars) - $85pn, 7 miles from the circuit 2) Motorsports Inn (3 stars) - $59pn, closest to the circuit at 4 miles away 3) Quality Inn (2 stars) - $73pn, 4 miles from the circuit 4) Country Inn by Carlson (2 stars) - $67pn, 3 miles from the circuit 5) Wingate Inn - from $79 pn 6) Starlite Motel (no stars) - $50pn or $25-30 per hour.....EEK!
-
Tom - Do you want me to do a mail around in case people are not focusing on this actual post? Some of the guys are not active on here.
-
Hi Jude, The gearbox fluid level was checked about 1.5 years back when it and the engine came out to get the mystery metal lump out of the bellhousing. all was good then. Not sure how to do it with transmission in place but I bet there is an answer on blatchat. Re the clunk, a couple of thoughts: 1) Can you identify whether it is driveline or within gearbox? 2) Is it all gears? 3) any sense of whether it is front or back - maybe using a buddy to listen from outside the car when starting off in first? Or running it on rollers through the gears to sense the sound from outside the car. My initial reaction for most likely is check engine mounts, loose/failing UJs, and check for broken de dion. I rate these as more likely given what you experienced on the way home. The last remote possible idea is diff backlash. As an aside, a friend of friend who is a keen car guy in Juneau has seen you about town and plans to chase after to chat when he sees you next. I think he has a classic Porsche 911 (one of two in Juneau I am told). He says the seven looks cool and that you have been the talk of the town. Cheers
-
Excellent video. I know the Old Pacific Highway very well as it was a favorite for the early Sunday morning drive once I got my license and in my early 20s. I was able to easily pick out where you were. Nothing looks like it has changed - still the secret is to get out early with the bikies. When I get for my annual visit to see family I usually stay at the family home in Frenchs Forest. Is there an active club presence in Sydney? I would not mind joining one of your meets if it is not a problem.
-
Karl is doing a track day today with the Porsche Club guys. Given the wet weather I suspect it will be a wrist flashing affair with the seven having all the traction of a kitten in a wet bathtub. Based on your philosophy I think he will have a smile a mile wide.
-
Thanks for the information and kind offer Tom. It is thinking time today on wheels and tires. One catch I have to work through is that my CSR wheels are not the same as the standard UK ones - at least on the rear I know that to be the case. Not sure why it was spec'ed that way. I finally got around to replacing my old helmet yesterday by buying a new one. I figure 20 years out of the old helmet was pretty good although I learned yesterday that if you have an accident or drop the helmet you should throw it away...oops! Needless to say, my old one was the one I was wearing when I wrote myself and the car off 15 years ago. I was always proud of its "battle scars." I was given a warning last year when I used the old helmet in the UK. So now I have a nice shiny black one complying with SA2010. I asked if they also sold liquid courage to help with late braking...unfortunately they said not but they did recommend the following product as tried and tested by many drivers: http://i.ebayimg.com/00/$(KGrHqV,!iEE2IuEqqphBNi9wI8,YQ~~0_3.JPG
-
Tom - Member at NJMP? What did you have to do to get that? Is it like selling Amway? As for missing potential track day stars - well I talked with Jon at Cat USA today on an unrelated matter and urged them to finish Ron's R500 so that we can see how it compares to the other cars. I am pondering ordering a new set of CR500s now as I suspect I will destroy a full set on a track day let alone both days. I think they are softer than slicks? Seems expensive to order them with spare rims and anyway I am driving myself to the track since I do not have a trailer so cannot carry them. - Should I just hang the expense and buy a new set of CSR rims and put a set of slicks on them? Who is your supplier? - Do you use a rattle gun to swap wheels between road and slicks? - Does NJMP have facilities to swap old rubber to new rubber on same rims? - Should I just fake my orgasms?....sorry wrong movie....:jester: Mike - the trick is to turn the headlights sideways not reverse them - face the beams into each other. Only works on crossflows and not on superlights though. This sideways profile is better aerodynamically than a full reversal. I learned this trick years ago on my old 7 S2 from a seasoned old guy who knew all the tricks to keep ahead of me.
