Jump to content

Croc

Administrators
  • Posts

    9,187
  • Joined

Everything posted by Croc

  1. :willy_nilly: Ok...who is the cross dresser in a seven? :rofl:
  2. Really nice pic! I dont think there was much room to make the roll bar shorter given the broomstick test has to adequately clear between windscreen and roll bar. I think you are safer the way you have it.
  3. You have the same problem I had. My Aussie helmet had no snell marking as it is a North America thing (it had Standards Australia SA reference) so I needed to buy a new one. Unlike you, my old helmet was due for replacement. NJMP also has a full face helmet policy only (no open faces permitted at all) and SA2000. So even if SCDA says ok, NJMP can still say no. So I ended up at Stable Energies near Hackensack to buy a new one. Your best argument is to show FIA compliance as that is international but I would start with Ian at SCDA before the event.
  4. I just tried to call your phone Bruce but you are not accepting calls or so the nice lady announced. I just tried Jon's phone and left a vmail. I suspect it is turned off. Looking at the weather.com forward playing weather map projection, the weather band Stewart refers to never actually passes, it just seems to develop and hover in the area for the next 3 hours. Regretably, I agree with Bruce, today is a bust with the drive postponed to a day when the weather gods favor us better and we can cruise around and enjoy.
  5. Text was sent to Jon's cell phone 2 hours back. He better be checking that. I cannot escape mid week this coming week and I fly out to London on Friday night.
  6. I am leaning that way. I was going to give it until 9am and make a call then Still raining in NYC and Manhattan is mostly lost in fog
  7. I think we will need the weather luck. Pouring rain in NYC now.
  8. Thanks for the update Timothy - Hope to see you next time. Updated Attendance Roll call of attendance: Bruce Bowker Jon (Boxologist) Martin (The Stig) (no seven - turning up for the fun) Mike (Croc) Message out to Stewart (Sabbot) to confirm Unable to attend: Timothy (Crest) Karl (Blubarisax) Arya E Rick (Ricko32) Steve (S1Steve) Ryan (Proj217) Jack (Jvbtte)
  9. They are well endowed downunder! :jester: However, given the Kiwi and Aussie rivalry, I always knew New Zealand as the land where men are men and sheep are scared. :rofl:
  10. What an impressive looking build! Like Skip (Scannon) above, I would be curious to hear how you managed heat without melting the body work.
  11. Do you have a spare seat for a UK Blatchatter?
  12. I personally have used Exoticars in Frenchtown for my old seven. Bruce Bowker uses them as well. Only problem is that they are a long way away compared to the alternatives you are considering.
  13. We have 7 Sevens confirmed! :hurray: Drivers confirmed interest for one or both days: Tom (Yellowss) Mike (Kitcat) Karl (Blubarisax) Mike (Croc) Stewart (Sabbot) - 27th only Michael (MichaelD) Ryan (Proj217) Attending at least 1 day but not driving: Dave (DaveD) - 27th Ron (Redgoose) Jack (Jvbtte/JLBtrans) - trying to make it work. not sure if car will be ready. Unable to attend: Andy (Pinballking) Jon (Boxologist)
  14. Just sent my registration in.
  15. Updated Attendance Roll call of attendance: Bruce Bowker Crewst (tentative) Jon (Boxologist) Martin (The Stig) (no seven - turning up for the fun) Mike (Croc) Unable to attend: Karl (Blubarisax) Arya E Rick (Ricko32) Steve (S1Steve) Ryan (Proj217) Jack (Jvbtte)
  16. There is also the Radical dealership on Rt 17 near Mahwah NJ. Blubarisax uses them for his car. They look after more than just Radicals
  17. Croc

    farmers market

    Fascinating place to visit - I found it by accident at a rest stop on the way back to Bangkok after an excursion to see some remote floating villages. For the record, this is located in the village of Maekrong in Thailand, about 1.5-2 hours by car from Bangkok. There are a few of these in rural Thailand. The train track is developed and then people start their little markets along the tracks as it is cheaper to establish there than along a street. The train comes along every 3 or so hours and the shopkeepers know when to expect it. I had the same question as Slomove....tanks or the straight through pipe a la third world country style and the answer was the trains have tanks in Thailand.
  18. IMHO I don't think you were too hot in had your tires been ok. The car you overtook definitely unsettled your driving - it was a late commitment to overtaking the VW beetle. I see it as the turn in looked late and way too sudden. With the weight transfer from rear to front being so sudden and still continuing to transfer as you turn in and no throttle input to stop the rear coming around, the rear rotated on you.
  19. First spin? Hello Miss Daisy! In some ways it is lucky you were on old rubber as nice fresh rubber usually gets a dirt and rock layer embedded after doing the "gardening" and playing around in the dirt. Used to take me a while to wear that off in the 65 Seven S2 when I did similar.
  20. Some photos for ideas from blatchat. http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=203462 I am impressed at the packaging that is possible. Look how far back the engine was positioned. The light weight of 360 odd kilos is also pretty eye opening. However I suspect yours will not be as polished as this one (where's the windex! :jester:)
  21. I love dirty cars - its means the owner is passionate about driving. The second photo is particularly nice with the blurred background and the car in focus - a good study of you at speed. Sorry in advance if I am mistaken but is your car a Deman?
  22. Post 2 of this thread accurately shows the status of attendance. I have been updating as people contact me.
  23. Hi Michael - I added you to the attendance list in post 2 of this thread. Apart from Karl who is at the Wingate, no one else has booked yet but like you the plan is to come in for Sunday night. I will do my homework on it tonight and make a booking. Both the Starlite Inn and the Motorsport Inn/Motel are somewhat sketchy.
  24. Minister Engine Data pages Optimum Engine Working Parameters for Cosworth CSR260 Duratec http://www.minister-power.com/support/engine_data_pages/cat_csr260_data_page.htm Oil Pressure 3000rpm 4.1 Bar/60 psi Oil Pressure 5000rpm 4.8 Bar/70 psi Oil Pressure 7500rpm 4.1 Bar/60 psi Oil Temperature Maximum 100°C Oil Temperature Minimum 50°C Oil Grade / Viscosity 5w/50 Oil Filter Number (Purolator) L1763/PC603 (UFI 2311800, FIAAM FT4763, FRAM PH2874, MANN and HUMMEL W77, PUROLATOR PC603, TECHNOCAR R15) Coolant Temperature above 5000 rpm 75°C ± 5°C Track 85°C ± 5°C Road Antifreeze / Inhibitor content minimum 50% Fuel Pressure (Reving) 4.3 Bar ±0.2 Bar Fuel Grade (Road) 95 RON Fuel Grade (Track) 98 RON Spark Plug Torque 12Nm Spark Plug Type (NGK) BR7EFS Spark Plug Gap 0.66mm /0.026" Maximum Power at 7500 rpm Maximum Torque at 6000 rpm Rev Limiter set to 7700 rpm Data Logging Parameters Minimum rpm to Start Logging 3000 rpm Set Shift Light to 7400 rpm Set Low Oil Pressure Warning to 1.36 Bar/2 0 psi Oil Temp. Warning (Max) 120°C Maximum Coolant Temperature 95°C Minimum Battery Voltage 11.0V Maximum Battery Voltage 14.8V Minimum Fuel Pressure 3.4 Bar/50 psi Csr race wheels 7x13 - et40 - 139mm backspace 9x13 - et30 - 158mm backspace Breather set up http://www.minister-power.com/images/C400_diagram_1.gif
  25. I stumbled over this while looking for solutions to a problem. It was helpful for me and may be helpful for others given the range of engines we use in our cars: http://www.minister-power.com/support/engine_data_pages/engine-data-pages_menu.htm
×
×
  • Create New...