-
Posts
9,187 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by Croc
-
Hmmm.....I think Pi7ot may be onto something. I was at the Holland Tunnel, leading into downtown Manhattan where all those Wall Street Wankers work... The line up at the tolls does look like a VW dealership with all those Porsches lined up waiting. The extra bulk of a CSR over a Birkin SV is unlikely to cause alarm IMHO :jester:
-
When you drive the seven and you pull up at a red light next to either a Porsche or BMW, the driver just avoids looking at you. However, every other car on the road has eyeballs zeroed in on you and/or taking photos of the seven. Are they jealous of someone driving a better car? Can their poor ego not take the fact that they may not be as cool as they like to think they are?
-
Michael - sorry to hear about the geabox - what did you end up diagnosing the problem as? Nice video - gave a good impression of Watkins Glen. It looks to be one of those circuits which is too fast for a seven as you need top end speed to really make it work. A little too much straight to hang onto the Ferraris. Looks a nice flowing open layout. Although there is not much run off room if someone were to...err...have an "off".
-
This link posted on Blatchat also looks promising: http://www.bestbikingroads.com/
-
Dropping down from Montreal to Harriburg, you are a fair bit west of where I normally get to. So the 7 lakes drive/bear mountain suggestion of Ryan's may be out of reach. I also use the Motorcycle roads link that Mike kindly posted above when I am route planning somewhere new.
-
Here is another option if you want to spend extra.... http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Products/Carbon-Fibre-Engine-Cover-for-Fiesta-ST170__CMECFFST.aspx http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/images/products/medium/engine-cover-fiesta-st.jpg Or maybe this: http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Products/Carbon-Fibre-Zetec-Engine-Cover-Insert__CMZETECECI.aspx http://www.carbonmods.co.uk/Images/products/medium/zetec-engine-cover-inset.jpg
-
Dermot - I know what you mean. I just dented my wallet heavily this morning on a few go faster parts to get past Karl. It probably would have been cheaper to sign up with Jenny Craig/Weight Watchers to lose 30-40 pounds. BTW - I just love the sound of your Hayabusa just screaming up the rev range onto the straight - sends shivers up the spine!
-
Things have come a long way for safety from when I used to race in this class of touring car in Australia. In the early 1990s, you got a roll bar/safety cage, regular 5 point belts and not much else.
-
So let me get this right.....you came to your senses and moved to the US? Or was it you moved to the US and then came to your senses! Personally, I think driving a seven in NYC is more silly than the hillclimb (nice driving!). When do you get your "new" seven?
-
Yes it is big! Karl is a very big boy!
-
Well that nicely wasted 45 mins of work. I had no issues playing it in the office. It is obvious there is a ton of effort in here by Tom and John. Three cheers for them! :hurray: The variety of camera angles made it interesting. You really could see that sevens were just taking any line possible chasing the other cars. I was less than impressed by someone slowing down the video for my spin! However, it was interesting to see how much of a dust cloud I created playing around on the infield. Definitely want to do another day like this again with the same group (and possibly more!).
-
Having now looked at the track day video I think a few modifications are in order to my seven to continue to maintain my lead over Tom and maybe....just maybe....catch up to Karl. Some weight reductions are in order, a few aerodynamic aids and a few well chosen engine and drivetrain mods. :-D
-
:bs:
-
:ack: I am not sure how to react here? My first thought of "blue enema" was you thinking Tom needed Viagra. My second thought was that I have just been called an enema!
-
Oh I misunderstood you. Yes you and Bessie are quite right. It is a wide bodied canoe. BTW - nice job with Photoshop John! :rofl:
-
With some defence of you, he was on slicks which makes all the difference and with none of us out there to kick you along a little, you could have backed off the pace? I always wondered when I would use this smilie: :grouphug: It was a great time and we will do it again one day - once you have finished assing about with that video production....come on!!!! :seeya:
-
Actually no Tom, I was not kidding. The Ozclubbie guys think Birkin is delivering a widebody Birkin - the poster in the link seems to think he has confirmed it. How good the source is, is a better question. I think it would be a logical move for the Birkin operation and could expand their sales in the US. I did find it amusing that after some mild fun winding up John about his Birkin SV that the joke turns around on me!
-
Well I know I like to make good natured fun of JohnCH's Westfield as a Birkin SV [:jester: ], however, it looks like there may be actually be a Birkin SV widebody on the way: http://www.ozclubbies.com.au/index.php?/topic/2499-widebody-birkin/page__p__28856__hl__birkin__fromsearch__1&do=findComment&comment=28856 I hope they can keep the proportions right.
-
They are also my insurers for the seven.
-
Ah you have been 'Himalayaing' - 5 day trek is not long enough. Its 21 days to get around the Annapurna circuit. Or my favorite the Rowaling valley alongside the border with Tibet through to the Khumbu (Everest) region was 4-5 weeks of trekkiing on foot. I do have the photos of this in NYC. Not sure where my photos are of my only base jump - probably in one of my storage units in Sydney, Singapore and Frankfurt. One day I will bother to go and clean them out and throw away the rubbish I have saved over the years. I still do 2-3 skydives a year to keep my license current. This is probably why I am mad enough to drive a seven around NYC like Boxologist!
-
Not linked in any way to me - Found in Hemmings: http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/lotus/super_seven/1263123.html 1963 Lotus Super 7 s/n 1605 Matte Black with Maroon Racing Stripe Long time California car with one owner from 1988 to 2010. Select invoices back to 1988. FIA Historic passport issued in 2008 and on file. Fitted in period with 1600cc twin cam. Almost no miles on recently freshened engine including rod and main bearings. Fitted with Accusump. Updated 5-link rear suspension, Panasport wheels, and new tires. Exceptional cosmetic condition including fresh paint and full cockpit tonneau. Ideal as a vintage racer, enthusiast track day toy, or exciting tour/rally car. $42,500 http://assets.hemmings.com/uimage/7816406-425-0.jpg?rev=10 I like the color combination - nicely distinctive.
-
Completely off topic on Caterham fonts but never mind.... :seeya: Ryan - great write ups on your website. You are adventurous travellers similar to me. I have lived in what seems like most countries in Asia so really enjoyed the write up and the humor on differences to life here in the USA. One thing to do while you are young enough before your knees get old is hike through the Himalayas. It is the type of thing you both would enjoy. One of the best series of trips I ever did - the scenery and people are unbeatable. Everything else you can still do when you are an old fart (like me!). I was a little disappointed you did not do the base jump off Petronas Towers in KL....now that was a highlight for me - only time I have ever base jumped.
-
When I was in Denver in March, there was this little Miaita beastie at Skip's well organized event. Owner Bryan comes on here from time to time with the profile name "Rugger". Clearly it is not your usual 1.6L or 1.8L 4 cylinder engine. http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/mjohnson555/seats/CSR/Colorado%20April%202011/DSC_5416_edited-1.jpg This would put some hair on your chest (and other parts of your anatomy too!). No rainbow stickers on the back of this one.
-
I think the question to now ask the squirrel is... "Does shit stick to your fur?" After a close inspection of the undertray of a Lamborghini I guarantee the squirrel shit himself.
-
This is the type of magnificent scenery I hope to find another chance to run my seven through. looks like you had a great day. Jackal - Congratulations on your Birkin purchase!
