Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. yellowss7

    DeDion

    Mazda, I can take a few pictures tomorrow if you can wait. Tom
  2. Al, let's talk offline to coordinate the details for the trip down. I've looked at the route and leaving plenty of time for food, fuel and stretching, I think it will be a nice long leisurely drive. You are still welcome to ride with us if you don't mind staying over on Monday as I'm going to do my first track day. Or if you're bringing the trailer down in anticipation of bringing something back, I understand. Tom
  3. Congrats!!! Looks like a nicely speced car. With that HP, just becareful of cold tires. Tom
  4. Sorry it took so long to post some pics. Better late than never.
  5. I'll have to pass on Carlisle this year. Both My Wife and my oldest Daughter Graduate on that weekend. My wife gets her Doctorate and my oldest Daughter graduates with her Batcheor's degree. I think it would be a mistake to miss those events. Tom
  6. You never know. If you can get that rear end to stick, I may be chasing your times. As for fenders, techinally you need to have at least half the tire covered, but locally, you probably won't run into any problems. Just make sure you and any passengers are wearing full faced helmets, because with sticky Hooisers, you WILL be throwing around every stone and peeble on the course. I'm switching to R35A compound on the Hoosiers as I want to be able to use them on the track at Barber Motorsports park. I feel that I may get hooked on this track day thing. More seat time, Something different. I still enjoy the One minute of thrill on the Autox course, I'm just expanding my horizon. Tom
  7. OOOH, Competition!!! Turbo, slicks, Uhh Oh, Turbos are not allowed in DMOD. But I won't tell anyone Roman. Hope the weather holds for next weekends Autoxing opener. I just Flushed out the Brake Fluid, Changed the Oil and Filter, replaced the Oil Pressure Sender. Installed the Petty strut. And Ordered new Toyo's and Hoosiers. Just did a preseason tech inspection, found some loose rear antisway droplinks, that I'll replace. Getting ready for the Barber Track day. Tom
  8. Gas tank holds 8 gallons I believe.
  9. 8000 rpm is the max rev limit on mine. Although some of the crazies in the UK that run big Hp have been known to have rev limits in the high 8's to low 9k range. I think those guys have to refresh the engine every 3000 miles. Don't know of anyone running an overdrive 6th. Tom
  10. you could spend some real bucks on the lowered floor option or you can do it on the cheap. I found that pulling the seat bottom out and replacing it with a thin piece of high density foam works quite nicely to lower me so that I can see out the windscreen and keep my helmet below the roll bar. I posted a pic of this on here once before. I'll see if I can find the pic again. Tom
  11. I have the Caterham 6 speed with the 3.62 rear and 13 inch wheels. I agree with Al, it is really slick. Nice short throws, great for keeping a free reving engine in the power band. Not great for long highway jaunts as it's 1:1 in 6th, no overdrive. Probably not necessary with a torqy Duratec, but great for my high reving k series. Tom
  12. Al, I've signed up for the Thursday reception. the Friday evening reception the Saturday Lunch the Sunday Autox the Monday Track Day That leaves us open for various Dinner options on most nights. Tom
  13. http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?ID=165734&pn=2&ps=15#1444716 Here's a link to the UK 7s site that has a caterham 6 speed for sale. 1100 pounds. plus a hefty shipping bill. Tom
  14. Dean, A Plywood floor. I gave it a coat of Flix(sp) primer first. then a coat of the Epoxy, chipped it and then two coats of clear. Looks good. I bought some .063 Diamond plate aluminum squares that I will locate under the tires to avoid the typical problem of hot tires pulling up the epoxy. I also used the powdered aluminum silicate mixed in with the clear coat on the ramp to minimize slippage. Tom
  15. Yep, it's now official. I finally mailed in my check this morning. Just need to change the brake fluid, and get my inspection checklist done and signed. New Toyo R888 are mounted and just waiting for the Hoosier slicks to arrive. Even did an epoxy fleced paintjob on the trailer floor. See you there. Tom
  16. Thanks for the responses Paul. I don't have any experience with the Yoko's but 28 psi cold sounds pretty high. I run my Avon's at 18 psi cold. If you were running at 28 psi cold, then see if you can get a do over as I'm sure you'll find the grip even better at the lower psi. Tom
  17. Thanks for the explanation. I'm anticipating my first track day experience and was curious as to what would cause the car to step out like that. What tire pressures did you run. Were the Avon's CR500's or ACB 10's? Tom
  18. Can anyone explain to me what caused him to spin there at the end? Did he brake too late? Go in too hot? Just curious, it seemed to happen very quickly. Tom
  19. Don't know about the zetec, but my Rover water temp sits solidly at 80C even during really hot days while autoxing. Obvioulsy not the same as a prolonged high speed track day. but I thought that 100C is the top end of the range not the optimum. ??? Tom
  20. 62 rover engine? is that a V8 like the old buick motor? my K is an all aluminium twin overhead cam, 16v 4banger. Originally, used in small Rover 214/.metro models. Then Lotus put it in the series one Elise, MG put it in the MGF. Stock, it's speced at around 114 hp, supersport version is 133 hp, Then there was a Trophy 160 hp, Mine is the VHPD (Very High Power Derivative) at 190-200 hp then came the R500 version with 232Hp. I think they also did a tweeked R500 called the R101 whiched bumped up the hp slightly higher to 242hp. I believe they also came out with a VVC variant too. Tom
  21. Amsoil 10w-40. Rover K series. Tom
  22. Yep! I did. When I was ordering my car, the choice was crossflow, possibly Vauxhall or the Rover K series. The Zetec was not yet a choice. The VHPD spec was the top engine, the R500 was not yet in the mix. I liked the idea of a lightweight, highpowered motor. So I made it happen. Only issues that came up on the install were, that with the drysump pump on the right hand side and the steering and headers on the left there was no room for the altenator, the other issue was that it was set up for a hydraulic clutch and there was no fitting to connect the slave cylinder to the clutch arm. I called Caterham and asked how they how they resovled these issues and they said, " Don't know, we've never did a Left hand drive Dry sumped, hydraulic clutch Rover K series, let us know how you make out!!!!" Ended up mounting the altenator facing rearward off the front of the engine, and making a clevis to attach to the clutch arm. Easy peasy. Great motor by the way. only weighs 87kg. Mine has 196 hp from 1.8 liters. Looks pretty too. See the attached pics. Tom
  23. Way to go Martin. Now get out there and start bringing smiles to the neighborhood again. Tom
  24. Well, that's 3 so far that have reported in. So we are still looking for between 57 and 97 more if the Caterham total is to be believed Tom
  25. Gary, those tires would be just the thing if Mazda would put Clamshell front wings on. Tom
×
×
  • Create New...