Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Slingshot wrote: And for those passengers who have a religious experience and shout out "Holy Crap" I wheel out this one. http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/2091104703_Chieffo pot.bmp
  2. We had our first of hopefully many more events at the Citizens Bank Park lots yesterday. Here's a couple of nice unusual photos. Not as nice as Dave's in Montana but still nice. Enjoy Tom PS Let's go Phillies!!!!! http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/231346734_autox 10 19 08 c.jpg http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/1995663535_auotx 10 19 08 f.jpg
  3. Having just returned from a great day autoxing, I have a few observations. My seven, on Three year old slicks and 45 degrees temps does not make for an easy run.:ack: A new Z06, has anitlock brakes and 7's don't.:cry: Tires make a huge difference. I now understand that just because they have not hit their wear marks, doesn't mean they haven't reached the end of their life due to heat cycles. I had a co-driver for the AM runs. He Turned the same times in a raceprepared 3 series turbo. He said my tires were crap. No way should he have equaled his own times in the BMW. The 7 is the most fun car to drive period. At the end of every run we were a) out of breath as I think we held our breath for the whole run each time. and b) we were laughing hysterically at the end of each run because it was so much fun. Still can't understand why everyone doesn't drive a 7. Everyone that rides with me gets out saying, " I've got to get me one of these" :yesnod: Tom
  4. Really nice! Enjoy it, or is this one the wife's? Tom
  5. Get lost Glenn. Let her post herself. :d Tom
  6. Great color!!! What motor, and state of tune?
  7. Now that was amazing!!!:hurray: :hurray: :hurray: Some people have real talent, as I am sure that was not a kit. Tom
  8. Nice classic looking 7. Best of luck with it. Think about keeping the red wings for autoxing and a newly painted set for the road. Tom
  9. It does have some toe out, but that lens must have amplified it a touch. Those tires are only 175/55/13's too. Tom
  10. Hi, Martin.:seeya: No those are my old ones. The photo just hides the quicky fiberglass job. The right one is real ratty. No lights on them either. As for how I did, I watched my videos and I can't figure out where I can pick up the 5 Seconds that I would need to be FTD!!! So I stink!!! :willy: I am running my 3rd season on these slicks, but that's not 5 seconds. I'll download the video tonight and post it here later. Tom
  11. At Sunday's Autox, a photographer took this shot of my car. It's a neat Wide Angle shot in HDR. Enjoy! Tom http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/338359292_warminster wide angle.jpg
  12. Roman, check the phillyScca site. This coming Sunday we will be at Citizen's Bank Park. New site, with a nice sized lot. Limited to 100 participants. Current registration is at 75 right now. Long range weather forecast is favorable right now. Tom
  13. I remember ballast resitors. My wife had a 74 Dodge Dart with a slant six. Ballast resistor failure was common on those. Damn I'm old. :cuss: Sorry for the hijack Ian. I seem to recall that it did look something like this. Tom http://store.summitracing.com/egnsearch.asp?N=400304+309776+115&autoview=sku
  14. Actually, mine IS a full sized Caterham. It's those of you with the SUMO Versions that have gone outside of the standard. It looks like it will be a nice weekend for autoxing. Are you going? Tom
  15. No Al, it wasn't Jon. I met this guy (Len) a few years ago. I was having lunch with some guys from a local Jaguar club, when Len pulls in to the parking lot with his 7. I went out and introduced myself, and I had a photo of my car so we talked for quite a bit. 2003 SV Zetec, BRG, 6 speed. He built it himself and he sourced his own zetec so had to build his own wiring loom as well. He uses it like Jon and Michael D. as an everyday driver. Nice guy, a toy inventor. His lastest is the Air Hogs Zero Gravity Micro. http://www.rcmania.com/air-hogs-zero-gravity-micro/ I've tried to get him on the site as he's pretty knowledgable about the zetec 7. Tom
  16. I met a friend for lunch today who has a Caterham SV. I made the mistake of sitting in it after lunch. It's way too comfortable!!!:ack: I had on big wide sneakers and could move my feet around in the pedal box!!! I like the way mine fits, like a glove. But WOW!!! the SV was REALLY Comfortable. Got to remember not to do that again. To all you Sumo Version owners... :cheers: Tom
  17. Someone once told me that if you can't fix it with a hammer it's an electrical problem. :lol: Sorry Mazda, I couldn't resist. Tom
  18. Mopho, I'm really jealous! Nice cars to keep company with. Did Leno stop and play with you guys or just cruise by? Tom
  19. That photo was taken last December, so the 7 hadn't seen much action in a month or so. And don't forget that the rear wings are my "good set" with the lights and new carbon wing guards. After I ripped the right one off a couple of times, I decided to get a set just for the street. You should have seen them on Monday. I took the 7 out and the roads were still damp. I get to the restaurant and I look down and there are about 20-30 brown strings stuck to the wings. SQUASHED WORMS!!!! :ack: Front tires threw them backwards. Good thing I keep my hands on the wheel, otherwise they would have covered my left elbow. Had to hose them off as they smelled pretty bad inside the garage. I wash and wax it once a year before I put it up for the winter. Takes about 15 minutes max. Gotta love a small car with no doors, no top and very small quarter panels. Tom
  20. Martin, I live in Media,Pa. If the doctor was a young guy in '75 he may still be around. Can't say I've seen that car driving around though. I bought a buddy's 2002 996 Carrera. He decided he needed a new one. His had 4500 total miles on it in six year. Still smells new. http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/1597532856_Copy of PC190266.JPG http://usa7s.com/aspnetforum/upload/739648501_PB300243.JPG
  21. Hi back Martin. Yeah, I had the 911 out today too and the difference is amazing. The 7 is so quick, so light and the inputs are so minimal. The acceleration difference is Huge too. It's like the scene in Star Wars when they go to light speed. The Background just blurs. The 911 is a nice big touring car by comparison. Only advantage of the 911 is that you don't get assulted by the wind. The 7 is so much fun. I just wish I could leave the slicks on for the street. Tom
  22. Well, again this week I have the choice of Eagles Football or Phillies Baseball. Nope just another perfect day for a Blat. Weather in Philly is around 68-70, sunny skies and the leaves are just starting to get some nice color. Perfect weather for Blatting. Pretty much behaved myself, except for some poor guy in a red boxster who tried to say with me thru a nice downhill right left right sweeper. I waited for him at the stop sign, but he took too long to catch up. :7fume: Hope everyone has a Blatastic day. Tom
  23. Shouldn't be an issue assuming you have a way to anchor the slave cylinder. My bellhousing has a hole that the yellow bushing and slave cylinder are inserted into. The attachment to the clutch arm is the other issue that needs to be addressed but shouldn't be too difficult to remedy if Caterham doesn't have standard parts for it. Tom
  24. Me neither. RoverK power Tom
  25. When I started looking for a toy, I first considerd a 67 427 vette convertible, but I decided that they didn't really handle well and by today's standards were somewhat pedestrian in performance. Then I started looking at Jag XKE's. Great looks, better handling, but 40+ year old English cars seemed like a bad idea, if I wanted to use it. My first two cars being Triumphs, (Spitfire and TR7) I had an affinity to English cars, but wanted performance with the handling. Started reading about the Lotus 7 and Like Al, I started looking for an original one. The Old and English thoughts entered again along with not substantial added after reading about the weakness of the rear mounting points. That's when the idea of the Caterham took hold. Old car looks and heritage, new running gear, modern electronics, suspension and tires. Add the ability to work on it as it is pretty basic and the quest was on. Got a ride in one from a guy in Atlanta who was the US importer before Jon Nelson took over. Then read everything for 5 years before I placed my order. Eight years later, I know I made the right choice. Like Jeff said, Performance for the $$'s, fun on the street, awesome in competition. Still brings a smile everytime I look at it, whether I'm taking it out or just walking past it in the garage. Tom
×
×
  • Create New...