-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Yep! Sure is.
-
Great Color! If you're in Alabama, then the place to go is Barber Motorsports Park. Thats what these cars were made for. Good Luck with it. Enjoy! Tom
-
Yeah, he's a tough nut to crack. I had him in a headlock at LOG29 and he wouldn talk. I think it's time for some WaterBoarding.:smash: Come on Al, everyone cracks sooner or later. Get it overwith and save us the pain. Tom
-
Scott, Is that track the one that they use for go Karting? Sort of a city park that can be rented out? If it is the full course was a blast in go karts. I took my girls to an Endurance Karting Kids and Parents day that was sponsored by GrassRoots Motorsports, when they were 10 and 12. Tom
-
Hey, Al, come on, you can tell me what you bought, I promise I won't tell any one. :bs: :smilielol5: Tom
-
In the Caterham range, you will probably fit in the S3 or standard sized Caterham depending on your weight and build. You might want to consider the lowered floor option as guys our size tend to look over the windscreen if you use the standard seats. The pedal box on an S3 is TIGHT. Narrow soled driving shoes/racing shoes are a must. The Caterham SV is 4 inches wider than the standard and accomodates larger sizes well. The pedal box is wide enough to use normal width shoes. Just depends on what you feel confortable with. I'm 6'1 225 with size 11's I fit nicely in the S3, but I have removed the seat cushion and replaced it with some high density foam to get my head and helmet below the rollbar. You'll just have to sit in a few different types to see what feel right to you. Tom
-
Yeah, we all know the feeling. If you've never had the pleasure of driving/riding in one, then you don't know the half of it yet. :driving: First off your face will hurt for days from smiling EVERY time you take it out. Second, you will get thumbs up, waves, yells of "nice car mister" as you drive. And everytime you walk past it in the garage, you'll get a little smile as well. As for which power variant, Tom is right, you'll always WANT more, however as someone with 196hp, I can tell you that on the road and autoxing that's way more than you can use. On the track it's another matter. Good luck. Tom
-
Re: Changing fluids, Definately change the brake fluid. I use Castrol LMA which works fine for my purposes. As for the Gearbox and Diff, no real need to change fluids. You can top them off if they need it, but unless there is a leak not necessary. I have the Caterham Six speed box and I did just change it over to Redline's MTL. I flushed and replaced my coolant with Zerex's G-05 phophate free formula. Supposedly a good choice for my Aluminum Rover K series engine. Used a 50/50 Coolant/water mix. A little Redline Water Wetter added as well. As for the oil recomendations, I believe Oilteq will be along to give you some good advice. But I just saw a neat explanation on oil recomendations. http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/faq.php?faq=haas_articles Long but a good read. As for synthetics, I ran my engine in on good old mineral based oil, and switched it over to Amsoil 10W-40 after the 500 mile breakin. Based on recommendations found here, I will be moving to Amsoil's new API CJ-4, 5W-40 synthetic diesel motor oil at the next change. Just a note, as for changing to synthetic oil, if it has been serviced with a non synthetic mineral oil for the past 10 years, changing over to synthetics may result in some weaping from the gaskets as I understand they won't swell as much on the synthetic and may shrink a bit, thus weap or leak. Tom
-
Ouch!!!:ack: Sorry to hear that Roman. I Hope the new motor is a strong one. Good Luck. Tom
-
Roman, looks good. How's the car run with the new Turbo? How many tickets have you amassed since the install? :smilielol5::smilielol5::smilielol5:
-
Looks great. Not sure I'd like to polish all that Aluminium, Doesn't look like my Ferrari yellow, but it does look similar to Lotus yellow. Tom
-
Jon, as you know, I have plenty of experience with hitting cones and destroying rear wings. :banghead: But I've never had a problem with loosing the rivenuts. The key for future reference is to replace your steel bolts with Nylon bolts and only use 3-5 bolts to hold the rear wings on. That way, if you hit a cone hard, the nylon bolts will break off and not damage the side skin or rivenuts. It is way easier to repair the fiberglass wings. As for your question, I believe the guys in the UK use something called Rawlnuts when replacing the rivenuts. I think they are rubber and can be fitted in the side skin without taking off the panel you refer to. I belive that they expand on the inner side when you screw in the bolt. There is a thread on Blatchat right now about the same issue. Here's a UK link re: the Rawl nuts. http://www.rivetwise.co.uk/productrange/wellnut.htm Good luck, Tom
-
So what is your Tow Vehicle and Trailer look like?
yellowss7 replied to MHKflyer52's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Looks great Taber:hurray: She might have a business opportunity there. Hopefully she kept the template. Let us know if she's taking orders. Tom -
Ian, if I remember correctly, you can use the non radial ears for radials with no real issues. Supposedly it's the otherway around that is not recommended. The ears basically change the rear wheel camber. That said, I run the Hoosier slicks, which are biased with the radial spec ears and can't say that I see any issue with them. Tire wear is fine. The Dartyness of the car may be due to the ACB 10's themselves which are known to tramline. Car could be set up with Toe out on the front which also can cause the tramlining. tom
-
That 40th anniv. Seven was the first one I looked at and drove. George Alderman the Delaware Caterham Dealer brought it up to my house for me to see and drive. Obvioulsly I didn't end up buying it as I wanted to build my own. Really nice Car. Good luck with it. Tom
-
Nice collection. Now if you're asking what we would have in our collection... To a few of the vettes, (a nice big block 67, and that resto-mod Z06, I'd add a few Brits ( D type and maybe a nice E type, and maybe a nice Aston say a DBR1, and of course my favorite little yellow beauty. and what the heck, throw in a Lotus 23B. A few Italians, ( 250 TR, a 365 daytona conv., and maybe that new one thats coming out. From the Germans, I can't reallly say anything comes to mind. I'd have to add maybe a GT40, and a Saleen S7. I guess that would about do it for me. A nice even dozen. 1 down 11 to go. Tom
-
Cough, Cough, AL, Cough, Cough.:devil::seeya: Tom
-
I really like the simplicity of the form and function of the Seven, BUT I think I could get use to the looks of the new Ferrari. What do you think?:drool:
-
http://www.fark.com/cgi/vidplayer.pl?IDLink=4464984 I thought this was pretty impressive. Sounds like a real jet too.
-
Mazda, curriously, I don't think the SCCA rules require a hood/bonnet in DM/EM. At least a couple times, at regional events,when it was really hot out, I was told that I could run with the bonnet off if I wanted to to control the heat. Never read the rules that closely though. Tom
-
Box, I agree. My first car was almost a red 1966 TR4A IRS. If it hadn't needed a new valve spring I may have bought it. It was $1,200. I ended up with a 1968 Triumph Spitfire for $800. instead. Fun little car that started my infatuation with nimble little English cars. It was the 1977 TR7 that came next that was almost the end of that infatuation.:banghead: Always liked the look of the TR 4-250, and 6's That install of the ford V8 looks really clean. That would be a fun car to cruise with for $11,000-15k. Wonder what it will go for. Tom
-
52 mm if I recall correctly.
-
I'm personally attached to Ferrari Yellow,:drool: or Giallo as the Ferrari dealer said. Paint code FE102. Tom
-
In the old days, before Antilock brakes, I believe that it was established that Locking all 4 wheels in the dry stopped you faster than Threshold brakeing. Assuming you don't mind flatspotting your tires. Tom
-
Nice Front and rear Cover photo and story in the July-August Lotus ReMarque magazine of a 68 Series 3 and the new Caterham R400. Nice to see the Caterhams getting a fair shake from the Lotus Owners. I don't like the looks of the new Caterham Bugeye headlight brackets though. They stick up way too far. BTW, I noticed in the LOG29 Concourse results that Steve Mongtomery took 1st in the Caterham division and I was surprised to see that I took 2nd. Dean G also took second in the Lotus 7 Concourse category. Steve also took the Autox for Class 4/Sevens. Tom
