-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Just got back from a nice blat. In what other car, can you ask your 17 year old daughter if she'd like to join you for a drive, and she says yes! We were bringing joy to all when we came to the first stop sign and it just shut down. :cuss: Cranked ok but wouldn't fire up. Luckily we were on a flat section of road and I pushed us across the intersection to take a look. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I left the air filter off and it fired right up. I figured that I must have over oiled the filter after I cleaned it. Does this make sense? Got it home. Cleaned off the filter, reinstalled and it ran fine. :hurray: Continued the blat for another hour. Even on the street tires this thing handles so well, that it's unreal. Still can't wipe the grin off my face. Hope everyone has time for a blat today. Tom
-
Welcome to the new forum - Please check in
yellowss7 replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Looks like most 7 user's can follow simple directions. :flag: -
Yeah, the 7 was meant to be YELLOW. IMHO http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/hurray.gifhttp://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/biggrin5.gif Tom
-
M12 is the size of the stud,1.5 is the thread pitch. Don't know what a Knurl diameter is. yellowss72007-04-18 08:58:53
-
I don't know about a 94, but on a 2001 with the dedion rear, M12 x 1.5 by 40mm long is what the boys on BlatChat confirm. Tom
-
Yeah, Street Legal! I bet every cop you pass pulls you over. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/lol.gif An I'm sure that anyone driving behind you will get a windshield full of stones. Would be great on a track though. Real engineering to keep you safe when you smack the wall. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/cryin.gif Tom
-
The Clams, attach to the wing stay at the side repeater and then bolts into the rivenuts in the side panel. I remember drilling into the wing to mount the repeaters and the wing stay. Measure twice drill once. If you need any photos, Just ask. Tom
-
$1500 http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/cuss.gif To replace my K series I figure around $16K plus shipping and customs. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/ack2.gifhttp://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/ack2.gifhttp://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/cryin.gif Bike engines are an incredible bargain!!! Rev that little bugger.. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/biggrin5.gif Tom
-
Nice race lines! I don't think I have the cahones to do that in traffic. What type of wear and tear on the engine do you anticipate from running at near max rpms for 20 minutes at a time? Tom
-
Here's a short video clip of my first bullet cam test. Next time I'll wind it out. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/biggrin5.gif Tom
-
Andrew7 posted " Towing isn't to be taken lightly" You got that right! I totaled my wife's Durango towing my 7 in an 18 ft enclosed Pace trailer. The trailer started swaying, then it got really bad and caused me to bounce off the left guardrail (from the right lane) and then back to end up on and almost over the right guardrail. Trailer jacknifed. Force was so great it straightend out the metal tie down strap hooks. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/eek6.gif 7 slid forward about 2 feet, with only a slight ding to the left rear wing when it hit the inside fender well of the trailer. This all happend on the NE extention of the PA Turnpike and I was only doing 55 when it started. Someone told me I should have squeezed the trailer brake controller and accelarated. Yeah, that's not as easy as it sounds. Wife won't let me tow anymore. Stay safe Tomyellowss72007-03-31 11:57:18
-
Al, I had numbers made up in static cling vinyl that are applied with soapy water then squeegeed out to remove air bubbles. Works well, easily removed and reapplied. Didn't cost alot either. Some guys just use the blue painters tape to make numbers. 7 is an easy one to make. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/biggrin5.gif Tom
-
Yeah, a head on crash and the front hood isn't even dented. That's a carbon fiber body too isn't it? What do you think... 200k to repair?
-
Boy does that fat pig of car understeer or what! Mazda, I told you you can have too much power in an autox. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/ack2.gifhttp://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/biggrin5.gif Tom
-
Al, to paraphrase the late Jonnie Cochran; "if you come you must run". http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/biggrin5.gif Go to phillyscca.com and go to the monthly schedule section, page down to April 15th and click on the "Warminster" link. It will give you good directions. We run in heat 2 of the AM session, so to run you need to be there by 8-8:30 to register,tech, walk the course. First car is off at 10 AM. Second heat will begin around 11:30 depending on the number of cars in the first heat. If you're just watching be there by 11:15. You could always run non comp in the afternoon if you're there by 11:30. If you come, and don't want to run, you can ride with me. Loaner helmets are provided or bring your own. Hope to see you there. Hopefully there will be a couple of other Caterhams there as well. (Right LANCE ???) Tom yellowss72007-03-26 06:27:23
-
Al, a few years ago I went over to England and went to the Stoneliegh kit car show which is well represented by the Lotus 7 club of GB. There were over 230 Caterhams in attendance and NO TWO are alike!!! From color, wheels, motors, dash layout, you name it. I could not find two alike. And that was just the Caterham area. Each Marque had its own separate area. Westies, Dax, Tiger,Robin Hoods, Locosts, and a few I've never heard of. And that was just the LSIS's. Cobras, Jag replicas, and tonnes of others. It's a great show if you ever get the chance to attend. Usually, the first weekend in May. Tom
-
Sorry Ed. I miss read the request. They Y you're looking for is the height from the botttom edge of the scuttle to the middle of the bolt hole. That would be 32mm. X1 is still 47mm. from the forward edge of the scuttle indent to the middle of the first bolt. Hope that is what you're after.
-
Then I the figures I gave are what you want. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/wink5.gif Tom
-
Ed, If you're looking for the distance from the front of the scuttle to the center of the first bolt on the windscreen stanchion, and then the distance between the two bolts, on my standard sized Catherham X1 is 47mm and Y is 140mm. Tom
-
Awakening the Beast from it's winter slumber
yellowss7 replied to yellowss7's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Thanks Jeff. I ran the mic across the top of the trans. up under the dash just ahead of the shifter, so i don't think wind was the problem, it just has really low volume, and poor quality. It came with the bullet cam and is part of the wires that connect to the bullet cam. Even in the house the volume is really low even with the video camcoarder volume up. I have seen video's with horrible wind noise so I know what you mean. Off to Radio shack. Tom -
Fired up the Beast for the first time since Mid November and took it out for a nice Blat. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/biggrin5.gifhttp://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/biggrin5.gifhttp://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/biggrin5.gif Thought for a moment that Al had jinxed me, it cranked over for about 10 seconds without firing up. Fired up on the next turn of the key. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/hurray.gif Tried out the next Bullet Cam set up. Camera works great. But I'm not at all happy with the Sound quality. http://www.usa7s.com/aspnetforum/images/emoticons/ack2.gif Anyone have a mic recommendation. I'm using the one that came with the bullet cam system. But its not loud and sounds really tinny. Not even close to R1's example. Should I just get one that plugs into the Camcorder?? Tom
-
Ok Al,Lance, and any other 7 owners in the Philly area. The 2007 Philly Region SCCA autox season begins on Sunday April 15th at Warminster Community Park, which includes the old Airstrip on which we compete. It's a great venue with course length in the 50-60 second range for 7 type cars. It's only a few of miles off the Willow Grove exit of the Pa turnpike. Check out Phillyscca.com for directions, and other info. Hope to see more 7's competing this year. Tom
-
Al, I don't have a zetec, but I do have the Jenvey Throttle bodies and I find that to start mine up, I do the same with the fuel pump, wait until it stops, then when I turn the key I lighly feather the gas pedal to help it fire up. Has worked well for the past 7 years and I'm still on the orignial banner battery, and with a 12.4:1 compression ratio that's saying something! (I plan to get it out on Thursday or Friday as the weather forcast looks promising. I hope the 2 foot drift in front of my garage bay melts by then) Tom
-
Thanks for the Pics Al. I just hate drilling holes in my car.
-
Al, if you get a chance, could you post a photo of where the doors attach to the car? I bought a set of the same doors, but never put them one. Thanks Tom
