Must Have Tools

ukchris

And a left handed monkey wrench, a muffler bearing press, a can of Lucas smoke and although not a tool, one of these:

Enter part 121g

https://www.oreillyauto.com/

Just had to look...! :) I have a set of ambidextrous adjustables so I should be good to go.

The HF jack has a coupon making is $59.99 at the moment, just can't see why I would need more than one for now though.

Cut off tool and wheels though.... now there's a thought.

Struggling to get my head around the car arriving while there's another 18: of snow falling on top of the 14: from last week, at least it hasn't left Cali yet!

Remember once seeing a friend assembling an engine without a torque wrench and the perfectionist in me cringed. Ever since I broke a stud tightening a nut I promised myself I'd never assemble anything without one (given I can find the torque spec. to begin with haha).

Nothing but Snapon for me... but then again I'm just a little biased...(franchisee) lol

All depends on how much you use your tools. My customers are professionals so they use them day in day out. They depend on them to make their lives easier.

I'd love to have a garage full of snap-on tools but unfortunately the price/quantity is somewhat prohibitive. Maybe we can find a member who's a franchisee to run a group by :)

Nothing but Snapon for me... but then again I'm just a little biased...(franchisee) lol

All depends on how much you use your tools. My customers are professionals so they use them day in day out. They depend on them to make their lives easier.

I only have 2 Snap-On tools, a 13 mm wrench I got at a garage sale for $2 and a Dial Gauge Torque wrench that I found in a car boot sale in the UK for 25 pounds. Love the torque wrench, one of my favorite tools.

Graham

Most of my tools are Craftsman. I've received some Snap On tool as gifts.

A friend who when I first met him, had the Snap On truck in his driveway for its monthly visit. This had been going on for years and that was nearly 20 years ago. When the truck showed up he gave the driver a check for $500 and a list of what he wanted. The driver kept the records and let him know if he was over at the time.

He has 3 of the long tool chests and his wife has a narrower but taller set she uses for her threads. She is into to all kinds of needle point and such.

The drawers in his cabinets are all meticulously organized. When I need a tool I don't have he usually has it and lets me borrow it. Once in a while I have a tool he needs and borrows it from me if he needs it before the next Snap On truck visit.

• 3 weeks later...

Not a must have, but I'm a bit of a tool snob and really appreciate well made handy tools;

Knipex makes some really great pliers (reasonably priced, made in germany, available amazon prime). The cyan doo-hickey is a Wiha magnetizer/demagnetizer, think I paid like $9 on amazon. You shove a screwdriver through the positive hole and it magnetizes the tool so whatever hardware you're working with sticks to the tip. Don't want the tip magnetized? Run it through the negative hole. Lifesaver working with screws on small applications.

http://www.usa7s.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=13971&stc=1

http://www.usa7s.net/vb/attachment.php?attachmentid=13972&stc=1

IMG_3327.jpg

IMG_3326.jpg