(Help from any track guys) Understeer

Brightonuk

Maybe it my driving skill (lack of) but I have noticed that I have massive understeer when it comes to long sweeping bends.

Actually one left hander at West Palm Raceway.

The car just seems unresponsive and I find myself slowing down more than I think I would need to to take the corner.

I have tried adjusting the balance by breaking a little into the bend and loading the front but it will not turn in.

My suspension is rock hard all round would softerning the back end help?

Softening the rear will make it worse.

I had the same issue, turns out the front springs were too stiff relative to the rear.

If you have an adjustable rear ARB, try moving it to a stiffer setting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

It could also be technique. If you don't know how to throttle steer you should pick up that skill. A lot of novice understeer issues are caused by them overbraking on entering the corner. This increases the slip angle and may also cause a spin because you unload the rear too much. If you don't know what is going on you will become afraid of corners and aggravate the situation. Learning to manage weight shift on cornering is an essential skill.

I strongly recommend getting or building a basic racing simulator with a wheel, pedals and shifter and a computer fast enough to handle the simulator software. I use Logitech G29 and iRacing for a novice. I built my own simulator stand with PVC pipe and plywood. With a simulator you get a lot more seat time, you stop being afraid of crashing and can experiment with different driving techniques and cars at minimal expense.

Anker