Santa came a little early

fastg

Parts, gotta love parts. Will install over Xmas and dyno test in the spring. Should really liven up the engine. This package cost twice the amount I paid for the engine:) The engine is a Honda K24A2 out of a 2007 Acura TSX. 

Graham 

PXL_20211213_203545288[1].jpg

PXL_20211213_204033730[1].jpg

I am sitting at 209 rwbhp I am aiming for 220. The cams should allow it to make hp all the way up to the red line, so the improvements should be very useful. Because the dual lift cams I should pick up power everywhere, no loss of low end power. This is being mated to a new 6 speed box that should give me better ratios out of slower corners, so overall I am expecting big gains.  

Graham 

3 minutes ago, fastg said:

Because the dual lift cams I should pick up power everywhere, no loss of low end power

As someone who obsesses about trade-offs from various cam profile options, that's just not fair.  I'm looking to forward to hearing the results from both changes.

Thanks,

John

Dual lift inlet and exhaust, variable cam timing on inlet. Mapping is complex, you have a map for each lift level and cam timing. You have a low lift 0 degree timing and fuel map. low lift 10 degree timing and fuel, low lift 20 degree timing and fuel, and so on. Then the same for high lift. A LOT of maps, but they is one reason they run so well you can really tune the details. 

Graham  

Looking forward to going to an event with you and seeing how all of this works. I finally figured out how to get my windshield wipers to work without the big Lucas switch. Lots of directions on the web, most were not accurate. Have a great Christmas.

I was doing a little setup work for the cam swap, engine out, new 6 speed transmission in. I was inspecting the engine and the inlet valves/ports are amazingly clean, looks like they were just installed. 

Graham 361101143_PXL_20211107_1459435501.thumb.jpg.2722c9113b25e1f4669df847d6603855.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

The cams, springs,  can chain and followers were installed. It only took about 3 1/2 hours.  We used a 'wack it with a hanger' valve keeper tool,  it worked perfectly much to our amazement. Forgot to buy a O ring for the front timing cover,  so once that arrived the engine should be ready to reinstall. 

Graham