Never fails... you think you're done.....

ptegler

had pulled the cowl to /fix/rewire everything. Was VERY happy with how cleaning up the wiring went.  Even a new fuse box as the old one was black with tarnish and crust.
Sure enough...had to go back in to fix some stuff.
Wife snapped the pic..thought it was funny me trying to get under the dash to fix idiot lights

wire-work-feet-up.jpg

In my first month with my Caterham I was in exactly that position on the passenger side replacing a fuse. And I thought to myself, I have no idea how I am getting back out. And then I set off the fire extinguisher mounted in the footwell next to my ear…:)!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kitcat said:

In my first month with my Caterham I was in exactly that position on the passenger side replacing a fuse. And I thought to myself, I have no idea how I am getting back out. And then I set off the fire extinguisher mounted in the footwell next to my ear…:)!

Oh! I bet that was an experience you’ll never forget.

Well, it was 16 years ago and the memory is still absolutely fresh:).

I learned that adrenaline makes it possible to do almost anything. I launched myself back out of the footwell, upside down and while holding my breath, in under 10 seconds. It took much longer to clean out the spent fire retardant. Just one of many indelible Caterham memories!

• Haha 1