WTB: Caterham Seven (Shocker!)

Outbound

1 hour ago, Outbound said:

Willing to transport or go anywhere in the USA. Looking for a decent Seven for anyone thinking of selling.

Already following the weekly sales thread. :)

A bit more info will help find a unit. "decent" is vague. 

Do you care if it's solid rear years?

Do you need SV?

What's the budget?

What does the weekly sales thread not satisfy?

All 7s fair game or are you looking for a Caterham?

Edited by Vovchandr
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vovchandr said:

A bit more info will help find a unit. "decent" is vague. 

Do you care if it's solid rear years?

Do you need SV?

What's the budget?

What does the weekly sales thread not satisfy?

All 7s fair game or are you looking for a Caterham?

Certainly fair questions. I am kind of all over the place.

Don't really care much if De Dion or Solid Rear

No SV needed (just a normal 5'10" dude here).

Budget is anywhere from $25-40k for the right car. Might be willing to splurge more later on in the year if my business continues to do well. If anything, I am looking to dip my toes in the Seven world and maybe upgrade in the future.

I found my amazing modded Lotus Elise 10 years ago through a WTB post on LotusTalk, owner reached out, didn't want to deal with listing it online, dealing with tire kickers, taking a ton of pictures, etc. so he was happy to find the right buyer. I flew halfway across the country to buy the car sight unseen and it was perfect, owned it for 2 years and miss it a lot.  I know when I go to sell a car I'll sometimes browse the WTB ads of whatever forum I am on to see if potential buyers that would want a first shot. So hoping for the same here. :)

Ideally would like to stick with a Caterham, something about the designs is just a lot cleaner looking to me.

Josh at Rocky Mountain Caterham has a couple of them on consignment right now, although I think the green one might be sold or soon to be sold to another member here... I'm really into that Super Seven 1600 even though if you asked me any other day I'd say I wanted cycle wings. Like Vovchandr said, the weekly round-up thread here usually has some good prospects as well...

https://rockymountaincaterham.com/inventory/

• Shocked 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well to update this, I have a 1998 superlight R getting loaded on a boat at the end of this month after a fresh repaint and reprep from the guys at Sevens & Classics over in the UK.

Really excited for it, and excited to make some things for it. I’ll be sure to start up a thread when it arrives.

• Like 2

You weren't kidding when you said you're willing to transport.  Congratulations!  Looking forward to reading more about it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, IamScotticus said:

How long have you had the 7 itch?

Ehhh, about two months or so? Honestly i read Sam Smiths story about his adventure with his kid in his Seven ( https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/smithology/smithology-it-was-your-dream-not-mine/) and related immensely as i have a 6 year old daughter who’s just getting interested in cars at the moment and it reminded me how much i loved the rawness of my Lotus Elise, but an exige and Elise is a bit too hardcore at the moment.

I’ve always enjoyed these kind of cars, and it reminded me that life is short and fuck it, let’s let sensibility go out the window and find a bright orange coffin to drive around!

My other cars currently are a Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (wagon life yo), a GR86 being converted into a gravel rally car, and a GD Impreza and a GC Impreza rally cars being restored. Had a Lotus Evora GT for a few years that i tracked a few times for fun. looking forward to some blatting and some tracking occasionally in this Seven.

• Shocked 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/6/2024 at 6:07 PM, Outbound said:

let’s let sensibility go out the window and find a bright orange coffin to drive around!

since the windows on a 7 don't open, nothing can go out of them. Only around or on top of them  :)

And welcome to the Superlight R club :)

Edited by das76

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/5/2024 at 11:58 PM, Outbound said:

Well to update this, I have a 1998 superlight R getting loaded on a boat at the end of this month after a fresh repaint and reprep from the guys at Sevens & Classics over in the UK.

Really excited for it, and excited to make some things for it. I’ll be sure to start up a thread when it arrives.

Oh man, you can't give us this and NOT link to it.

Superlight R is a K series with roller barrels? Sheesh dude what a monster.

On 9/2/2024 at 2:00 PM, slowdude said:

Oh man, you can't give us this and NOT link to it.

Superlight R is a K series with roller barrels? Sheesh dude what a monster.

Unfortunately no roller barrels. Just a 1.8 VHPD motor. Still 190hp and a screamer.

I just posted up a little recap of my trip. Was a blast, and now getting the car all setup how I would like it. I'll likely post a build thread soon.

10 minutes ago, Outbound said:

Unfortunately no roller barrels. Just a 1.8 VHPD motor. Still 190hp and a screamer.

I just posted up a little recap of my trip. Was a blast, and now getting the car all setup how I would like it. I'll likely post a build thread soon.

You're 15-20hp more than me. I commented about the lights which should make dallying it a lot better.

K series is a bit finnecky but when it revs out it's an incredible drive. Finally got the chance to track mine and the cams from 5k to 7.5k were noxious. Welcome and look forward!