NJMP track day options

yellowss7

Tom-Sounds good. If the sevens group thing doesn't materialize we can always sign up individually.

My experience from organizing track days out here is that there is the "talk" and then there is the "walk". And they are 2 different things. So I wld be very impressed if 10 se7ens of whatever stripe showed up (including me:)). Nothing wrong for shooting for more tho.

Yes, cousin John is a keeper. At 6'3", 260 (estimate) he'd only fit in a Cat SV, and even then, barely. Maybe someone will have a Stalker?

Mike M.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, cousin John is a keeper. At 6'3", 260 (estimate) he'd only fit in a Cat SV, and even then, barely. Maybe someone will have a Stalker?

Mike M.

I think he's 6'4," 260 looks about right. He got a ride in my S3 the first day it got on the road, 10 years ago, and I don't think he's fit in it it since.

Plus he's family so I have to be somewhat nice to him. :rofl:

I know he'll enjoy meeting up with you and Croc again, That was a pretty good time at LOG. We just have to remind Croc that he HAS to stay on the blacktop. Going cross country on a racetrack is not looked on favorably. They have a 2 spin and done rule.

Tom

I know he'll enjoy meeting up with you and Croc again, That was a pretty good time at LOG. We just have to remind Croc that he HAS to stay on the blacktop. Going cross country on a racetrack is not looked on favorably. They have a 2 spin and done rule.

We shoehorned John into my SV without much hassle. Face was above the windscreen....minor detail. I think he did brown the underwear a little when I launched over the grassy hill at LEO (after I had walked it to check it out too!).

I only go cross country on smooth grass....did not even tickle the sump guard at LEO. I can handle the 2 spin rule - survived Silverstone without an issue in a Seven. However, as for Boxologist..... :svengo:

Jon: Yes, 612 miles , one way, I can't wait.

I will slap the "knobbies" on the se7en before I leave. After all, I was the next car after Croc went cross country at Log 30, purely on faith. (And I had just met him). All I saw was a hill and sky. He at least had walked it and knew what was on the other side. I was: ""OK, here we go, Oh Sh*T!"

Edited by Kitcat

The event is still, five months away so you have time to stash away your nickels, dimes and Quarters. One day is $295.00 and they give a slight discount if you book both days at $545.00 Registration is not open yet and I suspect that we will have at least 3 maybe 4 months to commit.

So if you put about $2 a day aside for the next 5 months, you won't have to ask the wife for the cash.:willy_nilly:

Just put a few extra aside for your gas as your milage on the track will not be your usual average. :cooldude:

I'll check on the availability of lodging onsite as well. The track does have suites on the main straight that overlook the track and have 2 pull out queen beds, a microwave, flatscreen and a fridge. Last year I rented one for around $100 a night. The advantage is that you can sleep in and wake up refreshed, Your car is already to go in the paddock, and If the weather is hot, you have an airconditioned place to watch the other heats from.

If not, I'm pretty sure there are some cheap motels near by too.

Tom

Here are the trackside villas that I think you rented Tom? Looks quite fancy for us bunch...

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/vip.html

There is a big list of accom alternatives:

http://www.njmotorsportspark.com/accommodations.html

Should be something reasonable there.

Milville has probably got the only food options around - breakfast and dinner. I suspect the food concessions are not open on the day.

When do we need to take a deep breath, grab a hold of something and commit for this?

Mike, it was the Suites that I stayed at. The Villas are private homes.

The concession stands were open for lunch at one of the track days but I did bring my own lunch one time too. I'm sure we can figure it out. There is a WaWa on the way in, we could always stop and put a bunch of hoagies in a cooler.

Registration is not open yet, I don't see a reason to book just yet. I've told them we have an interest in getting a bunch of 7s to attend so I'll just keep in touch to make sure we don't get shut out. I'm thinking we book late April, early May. That gives everyone a fair chance to clear their schedules and save their pennies.

Does that work?

Tom

Tom:

I guess my only concern with staying at the track itself is this: Will there be attractive prostitutes in the parking lot like there were where we stayed near the Summit race track:)?

Mike M.

Tom:

I guess my only concern with staying at the track itself is this: Will there be attractive prostitutes in the parking lot like there were where we stayed near the Summit race track:)?

Mike M.

Oh? Do tell more....

Prostitute story:

After enjoying a leisurely late dinner w/YellowSS and his cousin John, prior to the LOG 30 track day, I went to the parking lot and, on their advice moved my Se7en to a more visible spot. As I jumped out of the driver's seat, a lovely, well dressed woman in high heels came up and professed great admiration for the car. Se7en owners know that everyone loves our cars and wants to talk abt them and I sort of brushed her off with the usual thank yous. But she was VERY persistent, she loved it's lines, etc. AND she' really like to go for a ride!

I assumed that the car was exerting its usual gravitational pull on females, so I again repeated the standard thank you's etc. I then pulled out my car cover to tuck the car in for the night. As I did, she bent over to pick up one side of the car cover to help me out. Hmmmm. That was a first.

Being the polite county boy that I am, I said "Thanks, you are just what I need here." She looked me right in the eye, at close range, and said: "That's right, I am EXACTLY what you need!" And begged for a ride again promising to help with the cover when we returned.

Of course, if I weren't such a wimp, this story would get much better at this point. But, sadly, after she finished helping with the car cover, I told her how tempting her suggestion was, but said I had to call it a day. So instead of continuing the adventure, I went into my motel room where I drifted off to sleep entertaining various fantasies abt strapping her into the passenger seat harness and....

The next day Tom and Cousin John, upon hearing my story, simultaneously said: "Wow, you found a parking lot prostitute." It had honestly never occurred to me that the woman had a financial motive when throwing herself at me. I had naturally assumed that it was a combination of my general studliless, combined with the aphrodisiac a powers of the se7en. Ahh, a dose of reality. But, even now, I do occasionally think abt strapping that lovely lass into the passenger seat and....

I don't know what the prostitute would have actually cost but, you know, you can't put a price on a good fantasy, especially when it involves a se7en, and a sexy, willing female:)!

Mike M.

Edited by Kitcat

Simple math, It was West Virginia, and it was Mike. Had to be a pro. Then again that Caterham mojo may have gotten ahold of her. Either that or she was falling over drunk and Mike never mentioned that.

:party:

Wait until you guys pull into town in Millville, NJ. It makes Summit Point, West Virginia seem like the big city.

Tom

Clues: She was waaaay overdressed. She wore a wrap. (Easy to slip in and out of). It was polyester (no wrinkles). She wore slip-on heels (speedy to put on take off). She materialized out of nowhere and disappeared into thin air. It was a motel parking lot at 10:30 on a Sunday night. But what a pro-she definitely had me going, was super sales woman, I came away with new respect for the profession.

Edited by Kitcat