Aluminum enclosed "7" trailer for sale

gjslutz

I have an Aluma aluminum enclosed / open trailer to sell. My Birkin is sold and I will no longer need the trailer. It is an Alum 77" X 12' 2990 # GVW that I added an surge brake system to it with disk brakes. Total empty trailer weight is now 985 LBS with the removable top on. It tows very nice behind my little VW TDI Jetta Sports Wagon. It is 100% stable at very high speeds loaded with the Birkin on it. The enclosed top will go on or off in 1/2 to 3/4s of an hour. My TDI MPG will drop from about 37 MPG to around 25 MPG towing the car at high speed. It has been tested to 115 MPH loaded. I used the trailer to haul a couple canoes more than the Birkin. I need my hanger storage space now for another airplane. Look at my photos here. I'm looking for $7,000 or near offer.

I have just added the 2010 VW Jetta TDI W/ 59,000 miles if someone wants the turnkey package. It has the Westfalia 2990 LB hitch installed. The hitch has been modified by welding an removable 2" square receiver below the ball out of the way. There is no reason to remove the receiver to use the ball. The 2" hitch receiver was added for my bicycle carrier, or future needs. The TDI if driven @ posted speeds will do 40 MPG. I'm thinking $26K for all. The TDI has new Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus tires 70,000 mile warranty on tread life.

Edited by gjslutz
Added VW TDI to ad

I will say this was a very distinctive trailer when I saw it at Carlisle one year. Lots of people were stopping to take a photo of Gary's Birkin nicely displayed within. Very well done unit for a Seven.

Good luck with the sale!

Thanks for the kind reviews.

Yes, I had cut the center of the ramp to clear. It only takes about 1/2 hour to unbolt the top from the trailer and use open. I just stand the top up on the back end to save floor space. I also cut an window into the back, so I could see who is behind. I look through over the top of the car. It is set to 90 LBS weight on my hitch loaded. I made stops so it is the same. At speed I can flick the steering wheel and no ill effects. All loaded, I'm only towing less than 2300 LBS. The brakes work great.

Were you able to get the Birkin on and off with the attached folding ramp without hitting the oil pan?

Thanks,

Roy

I found that putting the back wheels of my tow vehicle up on a pair of Rhino Ramps decreases the angle of the ramp enough to make getting my car in and out of the trailer worry free when it comes to hitting the oil pan.

I parked the car in the trailer after each session to keep the sun from keeping it hot.

Of course with this trailer it would probably make it hotter. I like this trailer, very very NICE! http://usa7s.com/vb/images/icons/icon14.gif

Dave