Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. Mike, just sent you a PM. Tom
  2. Wow, I would have thought Al's car would have been further along by now. How big a basket case was it? Tom
  3. Dave, at the LOG event, they required all drivers to ride with an instructor for a few laps and then the instructor could sign off on you and allow you to drive solo. They split the groups based on levels, so all novices ran together, all intermidiates, all experts, etc. Driving into the pit out lane twice, sorta excluded me from driving solo:banghead:. At the upcoming NJMP event, they have instructors there and will sign off for you to drive solo depending on your level of experience and skill. Run groups are also seperated by skill level. Tom
  4. Sorry Dave, What''s group 2? Tom
  5. Simple math, It was West Virginia, and it was Mike. Had to be a pro. Then again that Caterham mojo may have gotten ahold of her. Either that or she was falling over drunk and Mike never mentioned that. :party: Wait until you guys pull into town in Millville, NJ. It makes Summit Point, West Virginia seem like the big city. Tom
  6. What are your opinions on the roll bar extention pictured in the background of this photo? Would that be a viable option for those whose current rollbar is too short?
  7. All I can picture Karl, is a big blower and intake sticking up through the bonnet. :smilielol5: Good thing you are tall enough to see over it. :leaving: Tom
  8. Mike, I suspect anywhere you park that purple 7 of yours you can attract a few. :party: Now you are going to have to retell that story for the rest of the members. :blush:
  9. Mike, it was the Suites that I stayed at. The Villas are private homes. The concession stands were open for lunch at one of the track days but I did bring my own lunch one time too. I'm sure we can figure it out. There is a WaWa on the way in, we could always stop and put a bunch of hoagies in a cooler. Registration is not open yet, I don't see a reason to book just yet. I've told them we have an interest in getting a bunch of 7s to attend so I'll just keep in touch to make sure we don't get shut out. I'm thinking we book late April, early May. That gives everyone a fair chance to clear their schedules and save their pennies. Does that work? Tom
  10. The event is still, five months away so you have time to stash away your nickels, dimes and Quarters. One day is $295.00 and they give a slight discount if you book both days at $545.00 Registration is not open yet and I suspect that we will have at least 3 maybe 4 months to commit. So if you put about $2 a day aside for the next 5 months, you won't have to ask the wife for the cash.:willy_nilly: Just put a few extra aside for your gas as your milage on the track will not be your usual average. :cooldude: I'll check on the availability of lodging onsite as well. The track does have suites on the main straight that overlook the track and have 2 pull out queen beds, a microwave, flatscreen and a fridge. Last year I rented one for around $100 a night. The advantage is that you can sleep in and wake up refreshed, Your car is already to go in the paddock, and If the weather is hot, you have an airconditioned place to watch the other heats from. If not, I'm pretty sure there are some cheap motels near by too. Tom
  11. I think he's 6'4," 260 looks about right. He got a ride in my S3 the first day it got on the road, 10 years ago, and I don't think he's fit in it it since. Plus he's family so I have to be somewhat nice to him. :rofl: I know he'll enjoy meeting up with you and Croc again, That was a pretty good time at LOG. We just have to remind Croc that he HAS to stay on the blacktop. Going cross country on a racetrack is not looked on favorably. They have a 2 spin and done rule. Tom
  12. Martin, June 27th and 28th. Would be nice to see you again. Tom
  13. Yeah, for a liberal, John's ok. Clueless, but ok. :smilielol5:
  14. Darn, I was trying to convince myself that I could use the extra 25 hp to keep up with you guys. Someone got a great deal. Keep me in mind when you get ready to trade the new one in next year. :jester: Tom
  15. Mike, the trackday IS booked by the company that runs the event. They run trackdays at Lime Rock, and a few other tracks in the northeast. It is a first come first serve type of registration, but like I said, he didn't come close to selling out last year. He does sell out at Lime Rock though. He emailed me yesterday again that he would really like to see a nice group of 7's at his events. To be clear, they are running the event whether we book or not. So, what I think we should do is, to try to get as much interest/commitment here as possible, and as we get closer to the date, firm up the count and then we'll register. That way no one gets pinched if they have to cancel too early. I'll keep in touch with them and try to coordinate our "7's gathering." I'm trying to get a few more 7 drivers in the area that aren't on the site to join us as well. I'm hoping we can get 10-15 cars out. Or should I aim higher? Tom
  16. Well, we know Karl will have to show up to show off his new fancy toys. Other than that, we'll just have to see who has the cohones to show up.:toetap05: Maybe we should make it rounds after the event that way we buy for those that earned it. :cheers: Will be a good time either way. I'll bring my cousin John along to video the on track action too he's always good for a laugh and doesn't drink too much. Tom
  17. Will do Steve. Just for your information, this group has two days, back to back at NJMP Monday on Lightning, and Tuesday on Thunderbolt. I plan on doing both days. Hope you can make it. Croc's buying the first round, right Mike?:seeya: Tom
  18. Just remember that it is an English car and if you cut a wire, you'll let the smoke out. :rofl:
  19. Fine by me.
  20. That would work. Bolting up the gearbox and doing a straight engine swap is doable. Wiring the quickshift is a different matter altogether. Tom
  21. Karl, now I really can't wait to see your car/beast. I love the 6 speed, but watching some videos of guys lapping and just flicking down two gears looks and sounds soo good. Damn, I may end up buying your Duratec and getting a Sadev too after I see it. Can't wait. Let me know when you are going to install it. I may come up and watch/help. Tom
  22. Here’s the scoop. They would be very happy to accommodate us at an event. He would set aside a section of the paddock for us to park together and is sure the Photographer would take a few group shots. He said that if we wanted, he could even have a lunch set up for us (for an additional fee of course) The only downside at the moment is that he bases his event on 25 cars per heat. At $295.00 per driver/car, that’s $7,375.00. Obviously, if we could get 25 cars than it’s no extra cost. But I suspect that that number would be pretty tough to come by. I don’t think it’s worth it unless we get pretty close to that number. Now, that being said, at the last event I attended there, I don’t think there were more than 40 or 50 cars total, so there was no way that he had 25 cars on track at once. I would suggest that if we get a good turn out we might have some leverage. But in any case I think we could most likely all drive together at some point. So, since we have several long cold months left before this gets serious, let’s see who else we can badger or shame into making this event. So just to recap. Possible attendees are: Yellowss7 (Tom) Croc (Mike) Boxlologist (Jon) Kitcat (Mike) MichaelD Blubarisax (Karl) Dave D S1 Steve Sabbot (Stewart) BBall7754 (Steve) Ron (RedGoose) Dave Hutcheson Ottocycle (Dermot) Slingshot (Mazda) Still not heard from Bryce Al BruceBowker Jvbtte ( Jack) Jlbtrans1 (Jen) Anyone else I miss?
  23. Ok guys, the first hurdle is cleared. I emailed the organizer of the trackday last night and sent him a few questions about the potential of doing the event at NJMP. I sent a pic of Steve's S1 and asked if that roll hoop set up was ok for their event. Good news S1 owners, he said that it IS acceptable for their event! :hurray: Now we just have to figureout what to do with Steve's head. :ack: I asked how many were needed for our own run group and he asked how many drivers would we have. I just sent him a response that we have 9 drivers interested right now with a few plus or minus as the event date nears. So Stig, hurry up and buy that Westfield, or Croc's SV. Once I hear back, I'll update. With a night of beers before, this could be a great event. Fingers crossed. Tom
  24. I think the problem is that you and Croc have BALLS that are way too BIG. My measly 195hp scares the piss out of me. I find it hard to keep my foot in it even down the long straigts at NJMP. Another 100 HP, :willy_nilly::willy_nilly:. Just make sure your wheels are pointed straight ahead when you mash the pedal with that kind of HP. I know mine likes to step out if I get on it too early in a turn. Looking forward to seeing you big dogs tear up the straightways. I Bought a new HD cam and recorder to catch you blowing by me. Tom
  25. WOW Croc, that's cold. :willy_nilly: You know these are just Driver Education events. No racing or timing allowed. Are you big HP guys just compensating for shortcomings in other areas? :rofl: This is going to be alot of fun, 6 more months of cheap shots. :cheers: Tom
×
×
  • Create New...