-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Your overall favorite engine for a Lotus 7 variant.
yellowss7 replied to Ruadhd2's topic in General Tech
I'm sorry Croc, I believe that is the Hartley V8 that was mentioned by Sean. :leaving: LHD too, I wonder if it's here in the States? Tom -
Your overall favorite engine for a Lotus 7 variant.
yellowss7 replied to Ruadhd2's topic in General Tech
I always liked the look of this engine, but any working on it looks like it would be an engine out job. -
Should we attend LOG 31 or aim for a National USA7s Meet in 2011?
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in National Events
Mike, as for that "prettiest Caterham award" Did you notice the large group of Tony V supporters on his picture site? Obvioulsy they stuffed the ballot box, because that car was The Rattiest Looking 7 there.:rant: IMHO Your's was definately one of the nicest looking there. Maybe they meant you were the fastest on the Trackday?:cooldude: Tom -
Croc, the track was amazing and really well suited to the 7. You did miss a great day. As for editing, Three different people took the shots, and as the editor of the clip, I tried to link a few turns to get a good representaion of the track. I also edited out my two wrong turns into the Pit Out lanes as I actually got lost on my first lap and went the wrong way. The second time I got black flagged for my brake lights being stuck on, and I once again made the left into the pit out lane. They were not happy with me for those two bozo moves. Mike on the other hand, drove well and he was allowed to lap without an instructor. Tom
-
Finally was able to upload a short video from LOG 30. Featuring, KitCat, Michael D. Scott, and Yellowss7. Birkin Boy Dave was also in attendance. [/url]
-
We missed you Croc. It's now a little after 6pm on Monday. The Track Day session at Summit Point's Shenendoah Circuit ended around 5pm and it was another beautiful day. A little warmer at 86F Degrees but a great day. It's a very complex track to learn as not once but Twice I turned the wrong way and ended going into the Pit lane the wrong WAY:willy_nilly::dupe: The second time was in the 4th session and the corner worker was waving the Black flag at me like I was on fire. ( I was not) My brake lights were stuck on. Apparently the brake light switch in the pedal box had malfunctioned) Luckily we were able to repair it to get out for the 5th session. Dave, (with the red Birken) had a little issue with his gearbox, he may be losing 2nd or 3rd. Michael D. had a coolant leak. Scott and Kitcat (Mike) had no issues. Good thing, as those two drove their cars to LOG and the track. Mike still has to drive back to Ohio:flag: Mike's car sounded great and he said it ran really well. Mine did as well, other than the brake lights issue. Guess I have to stop using those brakes.:smilielol5: I don't have the firewire cable for the video with me and will try to edit and upload some video after I get back home tomorrow. I second Mike's (croc) comments about the USA7's guys and gals. We certainly had a lot of laughs. No pretenses with this group. And we are definately going to get Taber's wife Joan to join in on the next track day, and maybe Dave's (xflow7) girlfriend Jude, too. Tom
-
I just got home from a Track day with the Aston Martin and Lotus owners group at NJMP. Car is loaded and ready to go tomorrow morning. Mike I'll see you at the car wash as my car is covered with Black rubber marks and various dead bugs. I plan to leave here around 10:30 and it's about a 3 hour drive so if I get there first, I'll try to reserve a table or 2 for the 7 guys. Mike, Box, Mike(kitcat), Taber, Who else? Dean? Michael D? XFlow? Tom
-
WOW!!! So much for rev lights. That thing was on the limiter almost the whole time. Wonder how long that engine lasts. We know the tires last about 3 minutes max. And that guy on the Segway was just NUTS!!!:ack: Tom
-
Had a great time today at New Jersey Motorsports Park at a trackday run by SCDA (Sports Car Driver Assn) http://www.scda1.com/home A fairly well run event. Instructors were provided for the Novices all day. Seemed to be a pretty good group to run with. Not alot of yahoos in the Intermidiate run group. Four 30 minute sessions. I swear the last session had only about 5 or so cars in it. I had fun with an RSR Porsche that I caught and he actually let me by. After about 5 laps I returned the favor. It made me push my braking point as I had to put distance between us as he reeled me in on the long straights. Key was to gain enough on the turns so that he couldn't catch me on the straights. That was fun. It would be nice to get a group of us like the 9 or so that met at Bruce's for a blat to do one of these type events. Might be something to discuss. I'll post a video tomorrow after I've had time to look at it. I'm whooped. Tom
-
Neat concept. But my back started hurting after the first smack back down into the water. I bet that gets old fast. Tom
-
An awesome request, but on the insane side.
yellowss7 replied to SR Performance's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Ok that didn't work. Mike I only have 196 bolts in my K series. It's those hydraulic lifter motors that rattle a bit. Solid lifter ones not so much. I tried to copy my MPH/Gear calc spreadsheet into this post but it didn't come out right. @ 8000 Rpm @ 7000 53.5 in 1st 46.8 71.6 in 2nd 62.6 90.5 in 3rd 79.2 109.0 in 4th 95.3 127.3 in 5th 111.4 143.8 in 6th 125.9 That's with the Caterham 6 speed, a 3.62 diff, and 205 55 13 avons. At Max revs 8000. If I hold it back to 7000 rpm its slightly less. -
An awesome request, but on the insane side.
yellowss7 replied to SR Performance's topic in General Sevens Discussion
What Car was he driving? 70 in 4th? Hell that's Not right. 70 is at 8000K in 2nd or just shifting into 3rd maybe, but 4th??? 70 in 4th is just a leisurely jaunt. Not a pedal to the metal moment. :driving: Tom -
Got another nice one in today too. A little over an hour, 35 miles, and lots of smile.:jester: Perfect weather again. Looks like it's going to be a great Fall for Blatting. Happy Labor Day! Tom
-
What a great day!!! Sunny, 74 degrees, no humidity. Took the Caterham out for a nice Blat for just under two hours, only came home because the tank was on empty. Bikes and Convertables were the predominate traffic. Hope alot of you also got the opportunity to exercise your 7's today. If not, tommorrow looks just as nice here in the Northeast. Tom:cheers:
-
LF: Fiberglass Clam Shell Fenders ( Used or New )
yellowss7 replied to ariscmarquez's topic in Parts For Sale / Wanted
Well not the first link as I bought them, along with a few other items from Craig. I'll be picking them up at LOG30. :cooldude: Tom -
Bart, can you confirm for me that the Tall Fia bar is for a Dedeion chassis. I understand that there is a difference between them and the live axel versions. Thanks Tom
-
Bart, I am interested in the tall FIA Bar and the Brooklands. Can you let me know what you are asking for each. Thanks Tom
-
Jon, the title on the first slide says "for Sale"? are you trying to tell us something? Hope it's not that serious. Tom
-
:seeya::rofl: Tom
-
Owwww, that hurts. K's don't handgrenade, they just need a "refresh" more often when pushed to the 240++ levels of the R500.:jester: The Boat Anchors need that extra BHP to make up for their extra heft. Tom
-
Michael, the Yellow one with big HP that Craig Chima sold last year had an Ali block Vauxhall. The iron block ones are sometimes referred to as "boat Anchors" in the UK, because of their weight compared to the K Series like mine. Tom
-
Tom, might be time for more carbon to get the weight down on that "executive Superlight" :rofl::rofl::rofl: Hope the trip North is a smooth and issue free one. Just be sure to go under any Moose that are in the road. Tom
-
Here's a picture of my street wheels and one of my track wheels. Streets are Mike Barnby magniesium 3 piece wheels from the UK, originally the R500 factory wheels. I specced them when I ordered my kit. Both sets are 13 inch diameter. The MB's are 6.5 front and 8.5 inch wide on the rear.You can still order the wheels directly from Mike Barnby. http://mb-racingwheels.com/wheel_centres.htm Originally I ran with Avon CR500 tires, 175-55-13 and 205-55-13 but recently switched over to Toyo R888s for a change. The Track wheels are Kodiak 3 piece wheels in 13 inch diameter and 10 inch wide hoosier slicks at all four corners. Nice and Light too, but not as light as the MB's. Ordererd them directly from Kodiak. http://www.kodiakracingwheels.com/wheels.html Tom
-
Proxes R888 on 13 inch wheels - anyone using these?
yellowss7 replied to twobone's topic in Wheels and Tires
I'm on a set of them now after years on the Avon CR500's. The R888's are noticably heavier than the Avons. As for road use they also seem to be a slightly harder compound, and should wear longer. Have not had them out in the wet. Tom -
The 7 IS a definite head turner. The driving experience is one that you will almost always return from with a huge grin on your face and I always feel like I've made alot of other peoples day too as almost everyone either waves, honks or snaps their head around to see it. I have a 911 too, and although it's a nice car there is no comparison in the driving experience. The 7 is raw but it actually rides better than the 911 in my opinion as the 911's low profile tires make for a pretty harsh ride. The sound of exhaust note on the 7 is absolutly intoxicating. You won't regret it. Just have your wife take a picture of your face when you return from your first drive and post that on here. It will define pure joy. Go for it. Tom
