-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Try grounding the wire from the sender and see if the needle on the gauge moves or pins. Key will probably have to be on. Tom
-
The water temp sender for the guage on a standard caterham,(not sure if the CSR uses the same guages) is a brass item mounted in the water rail. It's about a $10 or so part. Easy to replace if it's the just the sender. The other water temp sender, on my S3 goes to the ECU. A little more pricey at around $30 but is also mounted in the water rail and again easy to replace, but has nothing to do with the guage. Tom
-
Mike, you are being too modest. You fixed your front suspension issue, that was found during tech at LOG 30. Tom
-
Mike, I'd certainly do Summit Point's Shenendoah circuit again. That was a blast! I just don't know if they'd let me come back after all my wrong way turns into pit out.:dupe::deadhorse::leaving: You're right on Croc too. He said that the CSR is not a self build. It requires factory assembly. I'll keep an eye on the track day event's and see if we can get a good showing of 7's to at least one. Tom
-
Supersport, are you using the standard seat bottoms? Or have you tried to lower your postion by taking the bottom sqab out or going with the lowered floors? It looks like if you can get a little lower it would give you more room. I'm 6' 1" and I was using a thin piece of foam to get lower, but last year I made a foam bead seat that looks good and provides good support and kept me lower. I have the standard size head rests, but do notice them a little with the helmet on. However, that being said, I did pick up a tall FIA bar to give me a couple more inches of clearance. Haven't installed it yet though. Tom
-
Croc, I noticed that nice silver looking package:party: I'll send you a PM. We should plan a regional build meeting at your place to help/watch/lend support for the build process. Or you could video your build process as a sort of Video build manual. Would be a great tool for those who haven't done it or those that need a reminder on how to do things like bearing installs, brake pad changes, etc. Good luck with it. I'm starting to compile a list of 2011 trackdays at NJMP and hope we can get a good showing of sevens at some of them. Get the wrenches out and get started. Merry Christmas! Tom
-
Sounds like a good solution. Croc, do you have any spares you want to sell? Tom
-
Thanks Mike. Is yours convex or flat glass? I was leaning toward flat glass for the center mirror and flat for the driver side mirror and convex for the passenger side one. Does this make sense? I sort of like the normal size view of the flat glass center mirror. I have the convex side mirrors on my full screen and find them less then adequate compared to the center mirror, maybe due to the small size of the glass but I have less confidence in them then the center mirror. Tom
-
Thanks for the input guys. Just for clarification, are standard center mirrors in normal cars flat glass as opposed to convex? and I assume that the right hand door mirrors are convex. Is that correct?
-
Guys, I need some advice. I bough a Brooklands set up from Bart L. at LOG and I'm getting ready to assemble and install it. I'd like to attach a center stalk mirror to the band before I install it so I need to chose a proper mirror. I'm looking at this one: http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productdetails.asp?RecID=5927 My questions are, 1) should I go with flat or convex glass? and 2) will this mirror be "too big" as it's 8 1/2 inches wide 3) Any other good mirrors out their at a better price? Tom
-
Karl, you may want to look into the Sadev sequential. Some of the boys on Blatchat are moving in this direction. Tom http://www.swrmotorsport.com/pg_gearboxes.aspx?prodid=SCL82-17 Here's a link to a Blatchat thread about them FYI. http://www.blatchat.com/t.asp?id=190809
-
After ten years of doing basically nothing to the car, (I ordered it with everything I wanted) at LOG 30 I picked up a Tall rollbar and a set of Brookland screens from Bart Lami, and I bought a third brake light to mount on the rollbar. I'm just about to place an order with Caterham for a bunch of service items, like oil filters and a new brake light switch, etc. So with Al Gores prediction of Global Warming I may be able to do some work in the garage. Otherwise it will be a springtime job. That being said, said, it was actually snowing here this morning. Well, Flurrying heavily, no accumulation. Mike Is your new car the CSR 260? Tom
-
Welcome! I too started my love of sports cars with Triumph. My first car was a 68 mklll spitfire, and after that to a TR7. Even my experience with the TR7 didn't extinguish the fire. I built my Caterham in 2000. I do not have any real mechanical skill what so ever. Assembling a Caterham is alot like putting together a model, minus he glue. The most difficult thing was identifying the bolts in the bag marked Miscellaneous. All told it took only 80 hours of actual assembly time. I spent more time going back and forth to Pep Boys and the hardward store than I did assembling it. (Caterham kits are notorious for not including all the necessary fasteners.) That said, if you are cost conscious, I would strongly recommend buying a used one. The cost difference will more than make up for any upgrades you want to add. And you can always dissassemble it and rebuild it again, if you feel the need to get to know your car. 10 years into ownership, I'm still having a blast with it. As Nike says "Just Do IT" PS They are not getting any cheaper. :seeya: Tom
-
Mike, wait until next week's show where she uses a shotgun. Hey, a hug from Sarah or Hillary, your choice. :seeya: Tom
-
If you don't mind the Sumo Version, Croc's SV is for sale, already registered in NJ and is actually a very nice car. It's in the for sale section. Tom
-
No Jon, the Giants lost it. Eli, fumbled the game away all by himself. Vick was not that impressive this time. But hey, a win's a win. :seeya: Tom
-
I guess it's dependent on your engine and tire choices. My Rover K series is dry sumped and with this engine is a necessity if running slicks, which I do. Who else has a dry sump? Tom
-
Welcome to the wacky world of 7's. You asked if Cat USA do a "rolling Chassis" I'm sure the dealers on here can answer that question. But if you have any assembly skills, and room to do it, I'd recommend assembling it yourself. That's half the fun. As for the engine choices, What engine are you thinking of dropping in? If you are looking at a Series 3, just remember that it's a fairly tight fit in the engine bay and tranny tunnel. Usual engines for the series 3 are the Zetec, the Crossflow, the Rover K and the Vauxhaul and now the Duratec. Although I think someone crammed in a Hartley V8 in a series 3. For any of those there are stock engine mounts, and sumps. Tom
-
Kitcat, (Mike) are you sure that Mike (Croc) bought the CSR 260? I think he may have bought Al's new Lotus project. :bs: Or maybe Mike and Al are now the same guy as neither has said much lately. :rofl: Tom
-
Mike, assemble it yourself. It's the best way to Know your car. In fact we can do assembly days to help you. I'm sure alot of local guys would be happy to get together to be a part of the build process. Just need to complete it for the spring track day schedule.:driving: Tom
-
Notice that Mike has suddenly gone quiet. I think he's doing his "Al Navarro" impersonation, dropping the "new project" tease and then disappears. Let's go Mike, man up and spill the beans. Tom
-
I think Lucas is now making Christmas lights. Out of about 20 sets that I tried to use from last year, exactly 5 sets worked. On the other sets, only half the string lit or didn't light at all. :cuss: Yep, I'm sure that the lights are now being made by LUCAS. Tom
-
Mike you forgot to mention that the car is a Babe Magnet. My money is on the recently posted one from the Rocky Mountain Dealer. :party: Just need to repaint it Yellow. Tom
-
Box probaby saw a hunter in Blaze Orange in the woods and thought it was a cone. :smilielol5: And if that's Karl hugging Jon, then Steve has a twin. :leaving: Mike, it looks like you are continuing the tradition of taking the 7's off road as you did at LOG 30. Sorry I missed the event. Looks like it was a good one. I'm Jealous of all the 7's in that area. Tom
-
Mike, that's the set up that I have on my superlight. The wide track WILL fit with clams but if you don't have the wide track now, I believe you will need extentions for the steering rack. The Shocks have no adjustment at all. The Springs can be adjusted by loosening or tightening the adjustable spring perches. This allows you to change ride height. Well at least at the front unless you get the adjustable rears as well. Tom
