Jump to content

yellowss7

Club Member
  • Posts

    3,100
  • Joined

Everything posted by yellowss7

  1. You'll need to pony up a bit more Skip, That was 80K pounds sterling! So add another 62%!!! Nazereth Pa is about an hour from me if you want me to check it out.:driving: Sorry, didn't see your GBP before the 80K. Tom
  2. 4000 miles!!!!! Croc, have you turned your Fatbastard into a boat or submarine? :willy_nilly: Either that or they are taking the long way. Is the car headed out of the country? Tom
  3. Mike, I can't say I noticed any real difference in acceleration or top end as I wasn't really pushing it. But i do feel that it REDUCED the wind buffeting significantly. And I did notice that I got LESS braking assist when I lifted at the end of the straight. If I get the mirror situation straightened out I will say that it is an improvement over the full windscreen. I just mounted my third set of side mirrors. Hopefully this set is tall enough and stick out far enough to give me a little better rear view. The Center mirror should be OK now that I retapped a coupling nut to give a little better support, although I do still get a little shake from the mounting to the brooklands band itself. I do like the looks of the car with them on. Tom
  4. Mike M. That track is Thunderbolt, the slightly longer of the two courses. That is the track for the second day if you are staying for it. The 27ths track is Lightning, which I have not run on yet, but plan to do this Friday. I understand that it is more of a momentum course. Long sweepers, a couple of tight turns and a REALLY long front straight that ends with an uphill right hander. I'll report in after I run it on Friday. And yes that Atom was quick. 300hp and turbo charged. Sounded great. I didn't include all of it but he was chasing me for 2 or 3 laps prior to me letting him pass. He was just learning the car so I'm sure he was a little cautious in the turns. Yeah, when I'm out there by myself, I tend not to over do it and it is definately more fun to follow someone. That's why I think a nice group of 7s would be a blast on the track together. No one holding anyone up in the corners and with the exception of the Monster triplets, no big advantage on the straights. Tom
  5. Croc, It is NOT a Uboat, It's a CATERMARAN. That puddle was obviously left over from the first session, which I was smart enough not to run. I think only 4 cars went out in that session and most came in after a lap or two. The track was completely wet at 9am. That first segment was around 10:15 or so and there was another wet spot that I didn't include which threw my car about 4 feet to the right in a perfect four wheel drift, that scared the crap out of me. The mic has a 3 foot cord, so I have it mounted on the tranny tunnel in front of the shifter, so you do get a little gear whine and wind noise with the engine note, but not too much. Yes the camera is waterproof, and the recorder is weather resistant. That puddle completely surprised me as it came over the car. As for the black bars on Youtube, I have no idea. When I click on that clip it opens with the full picture and no bars, and if you click on the Full screen button, it goes full screen and no bars too. I shot it in 1080P 30 fps. I sent it to Youtube in 720p. No reason, I just did. The camera does have 3 modes, plus the still photo option that you can set it in. 1080p 30fps, 720p 30 fps and one other that allows 60 fps for slow mo capablilties. Yeah I know, I was going too slow for the slow mo option, :svengo::rofl: Hopefully, my bodge will fix most of the shake that occured at the higher speeds. I just hope you, Karl and Ron stay in the frame long enough for me to get some footage of you. Maybe that's when I'll use the slo mo option. :cooldude: Tom
  6. I bought this camera and recorder package on Ebay. http://cgi.ebay.com/RAGECAMS-1080P-HELMET-CAM-HD-BULLET-CAMERA-RECORDER-AV-/350374727604?pt=Camcorders_Professional_Video_Cameras&hash=item5193f60fb4 It's an all inclusive package that has the camera permenently connected to the recorder by a 6 foot cable. 2 batteries, charger, cables, a wireless remote and a couple mounting options. Key feature for me was a remote mic that i could get out of the wind. If you have a coupe you can use the built in. Viewing angle is good too at 130 degrees I think. Records to an SD card. Batteries are rated for 1.5 hours each. Replacement batteries can be had on ebay for $8 to $10. I used two mounts and mounted the camera and the recorder to the petty strut. I can then turn on the recorder from my driving position and see that it's on and recording. Playback screen is good for setting up the camera angle and viewing what you recorded. I found another vendor that had it listed at half the price with a make an offer option that saved me another $30. I'll search and see if they are still offering it. Easy to use. Also will take still photos, and the lens has a zoom feature as well in the photo mode. Tom
  7. Here's a compostition of a few laps at NJMP's Thunderbolt course from April 9th. First time out this season, with the new Brooklands screen and Mirrors. Mirrors were worthless on the first session as they vibrated loose and I had NO rear vision so I cut that session short. I took it pretty easy as it was the first time out, temp was around 50f and the tires never really got any heat into them. Just a fun day playing on the track shaking down the car after a long winters nap. New video cam worked well, but you'll notice a shake at higher speeds. I've made a few tweaks to the mount and hopefully it will not vibrate at speed. I'm doing another day on NJMP's lightning course this coming Friday, so we'll see if it's fixed. Tom [/url]
  8. Pretty funny Croc. I did a trackday at NJMP a week ago Saturday, and have another one planned for this Friday if the weather holds. The car ran well. The driver needs more track time. The track was a little wet from the night before and was not fun on slicks. Won't do that again. If I ever get the video to load on YouTube, I'll post it. Gararge queen my (l) Getting close to the time to see who's really in for the trackday in June. I hope you don' use some silly excuse like work to avoid it. :rofl: :cheers: Tom
  9. Mike what are doing? Are you planning on going off roading? Or are you converting your 7 into a Monster truck with those huge rims. :rofl: Tom
  10. I run clamshells, with the R888's, (although I do have the wide track, front suspension) and I can tell you that I still pick up a load of gravel every time out. Obviously it's much worse when I run the 10 inch slicks, but on the street I get a pretty fair pounding from all the gravel being thrown back into the cockpit. Tom
  11. Let me know if you are going to be there. I have plans on Saturday night, but I may be able to run over in the morning either on Sat or Sunday to watch you run. Tom
  12. Karl, I just did a track day on Thunderbolt at NJMP on Saturday. Was a little wet on the first two sessions, Not a good thing when running slicks. I met a guy from Delaware who has a 2009 S3 R500, with a sequential gearbox. Didn't have it there on Saturday, but said he'd like to run with a bunch of 7's so he will try to join us in June. If all these R500 + 7s show up it will be awesome! Oh, BTW it's Orange too. What day are you running at NJMP? Tom
  13. Come on Croc, Everyone else on here knows that is an Olds Tornado in the background. And it looks to be about a 1968. :flag:. Looking good Karl. Tom
  14. Mike, Caterham UK has them in stock, as I recently oreded them. Shipping is the downside. Maybe you can order them through Cat USA and hopefully save a bit on the shippping. Tom
  15. AMEN!!! I got confused twice and went in the pit out lane on two occations. In my defense, I will say that this is the only track I've seen where You can actually do that without doing a spin. You come off a right hander and the pit out is staring you right in the face. The guy waving the black flag and pointing at me confused the hell out of me. So I drove right in. WRONG!!!! The fact that I did it twice tells you that it's easy to do. Although then again, my wife has called me "clueless on more than one occasion." :blush::svengo: It is a fun course for a seven though. Enjoy. Tom
  16. We'll it finally warmed up a bit here in Philly today. I guess I didn't jinx myself after all. The Caterham started right up on the first turn of the key. Croc, you wll be pleased to know that the new HD Video cam has a nice WIDE area of focus so your Wide Body and your CSR will be in focus at all times, that you are in front of me. :smilielol5: The Brookland screens do cut down the wind buffeting significantly. The only issue I have is that the large Spa Design center post mirror seems to block a bit of my view out to the right front. The lower seat that I made last year, puts me nice and low in the cockpit, and the view out the Brooklands is fine, but I either have to increase the seat bottom height or raise the mirror. I think I'll make an extention to the center post that will raise the mirror about 3-5 inches. I've also ordered new side mirrors to give me a little better rear view as well. Once I make those changes I should be able to see Croc, Karl and Ron coming up from behind me. :driving: The car ran fine after sitting all winter. Now we just need the weather to cooperate to get some more seat time on the track. Tom
  17. Nice Croc. Good luck with it. Hope I can stay close enough to you to keep you in the video cams sight. I may have to install a zoom lens to follow you. :smilielol5: Tom
  18. Oh oh!!! If Croc is in Colorado, I hope that he stays away from Bessie. Who knows what kind of kinky stuff Croc might do to her. :willy_nilly: Al, if I were you, I'd make sure she wasn't molested while Mike was out there. I happen to know that he has a secret fettish for Clams. Tom
  19. Mike, I got a nice HD WIDE ANGLE lens on this set up, so hopefully as you "Fat Bastards" roar past I should have plenty of footage. I should mount my old one, facing the rear so that I can watch your face and gestures as I block, I'm mean, Hold my line. :smilielol5: Mike, the mirrors I have are definately smaller, But I am ordering new larger ones so that I can see you guys coming up from the rear. Please be Gentle. :smilielol5: Can't wait to see you guys in June. So, tell us. Did you take your new CSR out for a Blat? Tom
  20. No affiliation. Just saw this on EBay. 1994 Caterham Pa registered. Price seems very reasonable. Don't think this guy is on this site. Only 40 miles from my location. Tom http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.m748&item=280652276746&viewitem=&_trkparms=clkid%3D8178136300050575003
  21. These are the ones I bought and although they look great. The way I mounted them, makes the passengerside unacceptable. Not much if any vision. Drivers side is ok but I think I'm going to go a little bigger lens, taller and wider too. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2-Cateye-Motorcycle-Mirrors-Kawasaki-Vulcan-700-750-800-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem562cc073e7QQitemZ370117997543QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories The next one is the one skip has and is my next choice. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pair-Motorcycle-Mirrors-Kawasaki-vulcan-500-700-800-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem5d2dbc4fbaQQitemZ400199274426QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories The last set is my other option. A little bigger than the first two, but in black. This one is a Taiwan seller. Have not used them before but they have a good rating. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120378915197&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT
  22. Thanks Skip, I did turn the passenger side one up like that to try to get a better view. I think mine are a little smaller than yours both in size of the mirror and lenght of the mounting post. I've found a couple that are slightly larger in both areas on ebay and may just order another set. Not that I'm going to have to worry about what's behind me. Croc, Ron,Karl and even Mike M. will be Way out in front. Just where I can keep my eyes on them. :blush: Tom
  23. Yeah, Mike, I did put tape on the underside. I tried a thin foam tape, but then I couldn't get the holes lined up. So ended up putting a couple strips of blue painters tape on the underside. Plan to take it out today to try it out. Not legal for the street, but I can drive up and down our street to see how it feels. I attached the new video cam set up that I recently purchased, so I'll get a chance to see how that works as well. We'll see if it starts as easily as yours did. Usually does. (Oh Crap! I think I just jinxed myself) :svengo: Tom
  24. Jon, I don't think so. I seem to recall something in the inspection requirements that state the windshield has to be a certain minimum height. I thought it was either 8 or 11 inches, can't recall. Probably not as there is the wiper and washer issue, and the sticker would take up one whole screen. :ack: It's only two bolts on each side to undo to swap over between the full screen and the brooklands. It really only took 2 minutes to do it today. Tom
  25. After a couple tries with different size bolts, drilling, countersinking and Drilling some more I finally got the screens mounted yesterday and after finally thawing out, went back into the garage today and the screen went on in 2 minutes. (Thanks Skip for encouraging me to mount the captive nut brackets) :seeya: Looks good, Center mirror seems to have a clear view out the back. Side mirrors I bought are small and a little low and I think I'm going to order different ones that are a little bigger and higher. I just don't understand why the aluminum band that the screens mount to are not predrilled. It would have saved a boatload of time. Here's a picture of the finished job.
×
×
  • Create New...