-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Bloody Hell....I wish I lived in the UK
yellowss7 replied to twobone's topic in General Sevens Discussion
That's my motor, and yes it's very light. But 400kg. Wow!! My Caterham weighs in at 529 kg. or 1164 pounds vs the 880 lbs of that westfield. Wow again!!! Tom -
Bessie, dearie, you wouldn't be one of those wide in the hips types that requires huge rods and bigger pistons to get you up to speed are you? I know your type, you're a Chubby Chaser. :rofl: You probably like it "down Under" don't you. :seeya: Can't wait to see you out on the track. Then we'll see if The Thunder from Down under can tame you. Tom
-
Bessie, I have mine up on a pedestal currently, but I'm hoping as it warms up over the next few days to take her down, and make her scream a bit. Will she like that? I got a new video cam set up that I plan to use to record the action. Is that too Kinky? I know I have to get her nice and hot before I make her scream, but is there anything else I should do to make her performance better?:drool: Tom
-
Do it Eric! I assembled mine 10 years ago. My face hurt the first time I drove it, from smiling so much. 10 years later, it still makes me smile just to walk by it in the garage. Driving it is an experience unlike almost any other. Not only do you drive around with a silly grin, but everyone that you pass along the way either waves, yells, gives you a thumbs up or yells nice car. They handle great, accelerate like supercars, are easy to work on. You become a part of a very unique group. No two cars are exactly alike, and from the sampling of the owners on this site, I'd have to say that we too are a little eclectic. There are several nice cars listed in the for sale section that you should start your search with. Enjoy the process. Tom
-
Dermot, I added you to the possibles. We're up to 13 now and we still haven't heard from Al and Mazda. Don't you guys think it would be nice to have our Founders at an event of this size? :party: I'll keep an eye on the registration for the event. If if looks like it will be filling up sooner than later I'll let everyone know. Hopefully, all 13 possibles can hold the date/s open. 13 or more of us out there would be a blast. Here's a few laps of Lightning that I found on youtube for your viewing pleasure. Not a real long course at 1.9 miles but looks like there's only one long straight that Karl, Ron and Croc can make any breakout move. [/url]
-
Take a look at the last picture. The Bas$$tarD doesn't even use Wipers!!! :smilielol5::seeya: Jealous in 34Degree Rainy Philly. Tom
-
Yeah, I suspect that we both have to becareful not to run over any squirrels or we could get High Centered by them. :smilielol5: Tom
-
From memory, I believe you measure the rear from just forward of the rear arch, and from the front under the motor mounting bolts. I'll try and dig up my build manual and check that. Build manual doesn't give much direction. BlatChat archives state measure under the sideskin, just behind the front wheel and at the rear under the side skin in front of the rear wheel. 15 mm is a starting point. Increasing rake tends to increase oversteer. Ie, the back gets lighter, Less rake usually results in more understeer. Measure as you would drive the car, Fuel level, passengers etc. Might use half a tank as a median point. Tom
-
That picture of my car is from the first time it rolled out the the garage. It had not been cornerweighted at that time. Although I did set it up using the 15mm rake recommendatiion in the build manual. I think I had 75mm clearance under the sump. If you think those tires are low profile, (they are 175 55 13 front and 205 55 13 rear) then you should see it on the 13 inch Hoosier slicks, They are REALLY low profile. Luckily most tracks are pretty smooth. Tom
-
Mike, you mean this is you at a trackday?:rofl: YouTube - Revised Trackday Comedy * NSFW.mp4
-
Kitcat, here's your opportunity to get into the Horsepower race with Karl, Croc and Ron. Looks like a good deal. http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180618048807 Tom
-
Caterham 13" Wheels & Avon ZZR FS-New
yellowss7 replied to blubarisax's topic in Parts For Sale / Wanted
Fixed that for you. :smilielol5: Tom -
Caterham 13" Wheels & Avon ZZR FS-New
yellowss7 replied to blubarisax's topic in Parts For Sale / Wanted
In that picture Avon CR 500s. Fronts 175 55 13 rears 205-55 13. I switched over to Toyo R888s last year and I think those are 205-60-13 in the rear. The Toyo's are alot heavier than the Avon's. I'll probably switch back to the Avon CR 500's for the next set. Tom -
Caterham 13" Wheels & Avon ZZR FS-New
yellowss7 replied to blubarisax's topic in Parts For Sale / Wanted
That's only if you use your brakes Karl. You just go really really fast and then turn. :leaving: Tom -
Caterham 13" Wheels & Avon ZZR FS-New
yellowss7 replied to blubarisax's topic in Parts For Sale / Wanted
Just looked them up and yeah, that's about right, plus shipping. But they are really light and pretty. :drool: -
The NJMP trackday will certanly be the place to be in June. 3 New SUPER 7's and hopefully 7 or more additional 7's. Plenty of time to clear your schedules, and Plenty of time to bust on each other. Box, you are definately going to have to get Snakebit back together in time for this event. Now if we can just convince Mazda and Al that they should be in attendance. Mazda might be shaking in his boots, he may need to put in an LS7 just to get back into the game. :party: Tom
-
Caterham 13" Wheels & Avon ZZR FS-New
yellowss7 replied to blubarisax's topic in Parts For Sale / Wanted
My MB (Mike Barnby) 3 piece magnesium wheels that were the spec for the original R500 weigh in at 7.8 lbs for the front and 8.3 pounds for the rear. :cooldude: http://mb-racingwheels.com/index.htm Tom -
Lotus accessories. What do you think?
yellowss7 replied to Ruadhd2's topic in Parts For Sale / Wanted
Series 1. Looks like Dean G is going to be their best customer. :jester: Tom -
Congrats Ron! I have 13 inch magnesium wheels on my 2000 Superlight. On the plus side, they are lighter than 15 inchers. Less unsprung weight. No issues with ground clearance either. Mated to the Avon CR500 tires, they make a nice light combo. Hope to see you and your new ride at the NJMP trackday in June with the other New York big HP boys. Tom
-
I have cabin fever and this is why....
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Mike, if we drive two abreast we could hold them off for a few laps, and because they have those HUGE Sumo Versions, there is no way that they will get by. :rofl: Tom -
I have cabin fever and this is why....
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Great, another big HP beast for the trackday maybe? Looks like I'll be waving you guys by non stop. :willy_nilly: Hard to believe that when I ordered mine, it was at the time the top spec Caterham the Superlight R with 190+ hp. Soon after they came out with the Kseries R500 at 243hp. Now I'd need 260-280 hp to keep up with you guys. Should be fun trying. :party: Tom -
I have cabin fever and this is why....
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Mike, No sequential? How about a video/datalogging set up for your trackday forays? What's the anticipated delivery date? Tom -
I have cabin fever and this is why....
yellowss7 replied to Croc's topic in General Sevens Discussion
WOW!!! Sexy!:drool: Look out KitCat, I don't think you have a chance now in the Parking Lots. Aero wishbones, inboard suspension, IRS, Cosworth motor. And new Dash layout. WOW!!! Can't wait to see it up close. Come on Spring!!!:driving: Tom -
Dave, I did ask if the S1 roll hoop would be acceptable at their event and the answer was YES. So Start tightening those bolts, change the oil, top up your fluids, replace your brake fluid, check your suspension for any play and your set. Hopefully we get a good turnout. I just emailed with a Birken owner who just pulled his engine and gearbox to replace the gearbox and he's hoping to join us too. We could have up to 12 or more sevens if the sun, moon and the stars align. Now that would be a blast. :party: Tom
