-
Posts
3,100 -
Joined
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Store
Articles
Gallery
Events
Library
Everything posted by yellowss7
-
Introduction of the new Caterham Seven Sports XL
yellowss7 replied to CaterhamUK's topic in General Sevens Discussion
Gotcha!:jester: -
I have the Caterham Bell Housing dry sump tank on my Rover K. Bob is correct on the capacity. The tried and true method of finding if the tank is filled correctly is that it will puke out the excess oil into the catch tank after a good run. If it doesn't puke, then add a little at a time until it does. Pretty scientific eh? Tom
-
I think it's about 4 inches wider. I can't remember how much longer. It does give significant extra room in the Pedalbox/footwell. Also give more leg room for those who are over 6'2". Croc has a nice yellow one for sale too. Tom
-
So, tell us a little about yourselves
yellowss7 replied to slngsht's topic in General Sevens Discussion
A 205Hp Caterham is closer to an R400 than an R300 in spec. I promise the first time you take the 7 out on the track you will be smiling so hard your face will hurt. You will be amazed at the difference in braking points and cornering speeds. Although you may be disappointed in straightaway speeds. Welcome aboard!! Tom -
Croc you are spot on. The first link is the piece that needed to come out. Yesterday however I didnt' see it in there so I was trying to insert the one in the second link while the first one was still in there. :dupe::smash: When I went out to the garage, it took me all of 10 minutes to do both sides. And we weren't even drinking yesterday! Just ordered the hopefully correct bolts and acorn nuts to complete the Brooklands install. Need to order the Center mirror now too. Pegasus is out of stock on the flat glass one that I want. I'll have to source it elsewhere. Also fitted the third brake light pigtail and mounted the new Led Center brake light on the roll bar Looks good, need to tidy up the wiring. Thanks for the help Skip. Tom
-
Thanks Skip. Will give it another try. Tom
-
I don't look at as drag, I look at it as Braking assist. Tom
-
Hi Martin. I don't want to go too fast. It would embarass Croc after he went and spent all that money to upgrage to the CSR. :jester:
-
Skip, do you have to remove the existing channel before you install them They didn't just fit in on top like I thought they would after I removed the two nuts. I tried to lift out the existing channel but it seemed to be glued in place. What am I missing? Plus on the passenger side, it appears that there is a support brace for the wiper motor that looks like it might have to be removed first. Tom
-
Croc, we missed you today. Steve stopped by around Noon, and we took off the windscreen and attempted to install the captive nut holders, but decided that since I don't use the side panel pieces, it was just as easy to undo the nuts as they were. We measured the Brooklands band and drilled the holes to install the screens, but the bolts I bought seemed to be too deep to countersink based on the thickness of the band. I'll have to find different bolts. I measured the standard FIA Bar vs the Tall one and the difference was 2 inches. 15 inches vs. 17inches in height. Here's a pic showing the new clearance I'll have.
-
Karl, did Cosworth dyno your engine? If they did then it's already run in. If not, you'll want to see if there is a recommended proceedure for running in the cams. Check on Blatchat for their take. As far as running in, there are two schools of thought, the keep it under 4k rpm for 500 miles school and the Rev the NUTs off it school. (once the oil is up to temp of course) The argument is that keeping the rpms lower initially, causes more oil consumption in the long run. Again check on Blat Chat for the fully discussion. Tom
-
Thanks Steve. I have the tools I need. I'll give you a call in the morning after I finish my workout. Croc, I believe you are correct, that it adds about 2 inches in height. It's tucked up on the lift for the night. I'll measure it when I take it down tomorrow. With the foam seat I made last year, and this new bar, I should have plenty of clearance. Croc, you are welcome to come on down tomorrow too. I'll Heat up the BBQ Grill and we'll make a party of it. Tom
-
Hey Steve, a extra set of eyes and hands are always welcome. Especially since I have to drill a few holes, and I have a real aversion to drilling holes. Something about the permancy of any mistake. One of my neighbors gave me a hand today and as he said, even though he knows nothing about cars, it's good to just have someone to bounce ideas and thoughts off of when you run into the inevitable issue. If you are up for a little trip come on over. Tom
-
Thanks Skip. I will disconnet the positive Leads first as recommended. Are the two nuts/bolts in the channel that the new bracket fit on to, captive? or will the bolts drop when I remove the nuts? Tom
-
Just spent a couple hours changing over my standard FIA roll Bar to the Tall FIA Bar I bought from B. Lami at LOG 30. Pretty straight forward job. Remove 2 bolts holding Roll bar on, Remove 2 seat belt bolts mounted on rollbar flange. Remove to bolts holding rear support to rear of car. Remove bots holding shocks to the dedion tube. Remove Socked head cap bolts holding top of shock at bulkhead behind seats. Remove shocks, Remove bolts that thread in above where the top of the shock mounts, into the roll bar strut from below. Remove Roll bar, and reverse. Not a bad job all in all. Although I did have one temporary scare as I tried to remove the last bolt from up under the shock. I heard it creak a couple of times and thought crap, is the bolt breaking? Luckily, it wasn't and came right out. Bar is definately higher, but it does look like it's tilted forward even more than the standard FIA Bar was. Tomorrow's job is to fit the captive nut brackets, and the Brooklands screens that I also got from Bart. Any advice from those that have fitted them already is welcome. I'll post pics of the Roll bar tomorrow. Tom
-
As a parent of two daughters, there is absolutely NO WAY I'd let my kids do that. Can you imagine the carnage during the practices? Talk about an accident waiting to happen! Notice that Men don't participate in this event. One slip and you're now singing with he the High end of the Choir. :puke: Tom
-
Yeah, I just saw this too. Hope they make it thru, as it's a nice track only 1 hour from me. Tom
-
These pics from LOG 30 were just posted on the Philly Lotus site. Nice shots of Kitcat and Dean G. with Boxologist as navigator on one of Kitcat's runs. Tom
-
Karl, I may be intersted. What's the info on the April dates at NJMP? Tom
-
Glad you're ok Mazda. I'm sure you'll get it back together better than ever. Time for an LS7 up grade? Hope you get it back together in time for the June track day. Get cutting! Tom
